QQ登录

只需一步,快速开始

扫一扫,访问微社区

查看: 59|回复: 0

[BEC真题] 历年BEC商务英语高级考试真题(10)

[复制链接]
发表于 2012-8-14 19:16:37 | 显示全部楼层 |阅读模式
Time for a new career  
! t) u/ x0 d3 M; S& p6 V  “losing your job isn’t the end of the world: it gives you’re the chance the a new beginning (0) says Caroline Poole, 30, Who was made redundant (31) her role as head of marketing campaigns with an insurance group two years ago. The news was a blow, especially after a successful nine-year career with the business, but she was determined to see redundancy (32) a positive force for change.    S5 r0 X( h' ~( N% O+ ]
  (33) it seemed a tough lesson at the time, redundancy was the catalyst that redirected my career, “ says Caroline “It gave me the break I needed to understand (34) my career objectives lay.”  
* W, b/ k- `6 u  Working with a consultant, Caroline explored a number of work options that oppealed to her. She also took advantage of workshops on issues (35) as setting up your own business, and managing your finances. A key consideration for her was (36) easy it would be to balance working in London with home life 100 kilometers away.  ( \: O7 u: r* ~+ U2 Q' N. r1 a/ B
  来自www.Examw.comShe was encouraged to network (37) other marketing professionals and via this route made contact with a communications agency. She took time out to go travelling , and on her return was offered a role in the agency. (38) was proof to her that she still had marketable skills.  ! r% p# `5 J& m3 ?- S1 f( E1 L
  Two years (39) from redundancy, Caroline is planning another career break . “ The experience of redundancy has made me view my options with more confidence. I now know that I can dictate my own career path, even (40) it were to mean resigning first and then taking time to find the right direction” she says.  
4 W8 U. {0 H, X: B8 O  填词版的完形填空,关于失业之后该如何开始新的职业生活的。这些文章读多了,对人是会有启发的。此外,这种题型也很考验人的语言功底,短语积累和基本的语法知识是必不可少的。  ) p, ]! ]# R: J0 m) n5 \. \& E' I
  31题,考查的是固定搭配。这里的意思很明显,是指这个女的在自己的职位上被开除了,make redundant是商业英语里的地道说法:Follow a fair and legal process when it’s necessary to dismiss staff on the grounds of redundancy.如果是made redundant,后面的介词用from,可以看个例句:Just been made redundant from your last job?  
) r# n9 a5 S) z  32题,比较简单,see as,将什么视为。将失业视为改变的积极动力。  + _) m* s) G* p$ B$ ~4 v7 w# `# H
  33题,虽然是艰难的一课(a tough lesson),还是改变了我的职业方向(redirect my career),有转折的意思,although和though。  ; t9 A; q1 L; u7 g" H1 f9 Y
  34题,这是个定语从句,当中要填入的是关系代词。给了我需要的时间,来弄明白我的职业目标放在哪。用where。  
" j# \/ T% j& U0 i9 b  35题,这题很明显,举例的,用such as。  
8 f, Q1 T! i6 k( K1 `' S2 j  36题,分析这个句子的成分。前面是a key consideration,做主语,有个was,是谓语,was后面的是宾语。在宾语成分里出现了it would be to balance…..这样的完整的句子,所以空格部分应该填入一个词,引导从句,并且这个词所接从句必须倒装。满足这个要求的词是how。(How引导的状语从句要求部分倒装)  ) S, p7 G( p5 f& q: @. `
  37题,network with,词组:connect as or operate with a network,将…连成网。  
8 p) }7 o' ~; D  q% L  |2 H1 `  38题,还是个定语从句。一个完整的句子,缺乏关系代词来衔接,要用which。关键在于要识别出这里的定语从句,否则很难往那上面想。在做这类题目时,如果一个句子各种成分都很齐全,而且比较长,那么是从句的可能性很大,要根据上下文的意思来判断填入的代词。题目做多了,会培养出这方面的警觉性。  
' _% i, w7 _' V3 a# Z5 E  39题,two years on,固定说法,两年以后,两年过去了。  
' P/ T& R5 F% j% f9 O  40题,很容易联想到even if或者是even though,只能填if不能填though。这是两个意思和用法都不同的词组。even if,即便,带有假设的意思,后面接虚拟语气;even though,即使,表示既定事实。40空后面的句子是虚拟语气,因此这个题目只能填if。
回复

使用道具 举报

您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 立即注册

本版积分规则

Archiver|手机版|小黑屋|Woexam.Com ( 湘ICP备18023104号 )

GMT+8, 2024-5-13 03:11 , Processed in 0.246614 second(s), 21 queries .