QQ登录

只需一步,快速开始

扫一扫,访问微社区

查看: 80|回复: 0

[BEC真题] 历年BEC商务英语中级考试真题(38)

[复制链接]
发表于 2012-8-14 19:16:37 | 显示全部楼层 |阅读模式
When to Recruit?  
5 O* c6 W# [( D5 k3 k7 t( ^. b, }# K  0 In a small business, deciding when to take on new staff is a delicate calculation. On  
9 t$ L$ X/ _* }4 S/ {0 O5 f  00 the one hand, if you are increase your workforce, you might find it difficult to cover  0 n. N7 N9 b/ T8 Z8 A/ g  p
  34 for the increased costs straight away. On the other hand, extra staff could    t. {  j2 y2 \* _$ M8 [; m3 ]2 O
  35 enable you to spend more time on activities such as marketing, which in the  1 \4 |8 ?6 C2 |' E3 p6 g: A
  36 end should meanthe increased profits. A useful way of deciding when to increase  
8 T9 y& G! s- n  37 your workforce is to ask yourself if you can make enough of extra sales to meet  0 b: B' d9 b- y4 [( b% S2 @6 Q, t
  38 the cost of taking on with an extra employee. But even if you are not able to  
- D/ V9 ^' i& A  N% s  39 increase your sales immediately you may still be able to employ someone.  $ l3 l# O& I+ I( q. J/ M; k/ c
  40 In this such case, however, you must keep your business going until you have built  2 o& I: d$ \4 z+ c
  41 your sales up to the new level you need. If in the end you are clever enough to  " ?8 r; g7 A$ U- j
  42 get your timing so right, you will not want to throw away your advantage by  ' A) o1 h. C7 l9 w
  43 employing the wrong type person. The whole process of advertising and  来自www.Examw.com
  l# W  K! |0 m% F  44 interviewing can take around many months, so finding you made a mistake and  
! j' R) X" O4 o2 o2 B  c2 Y- b: J  45 need to recruit again it can have a very serious impact on the future of your business.  ; m0 y" S) y/ |" [0 X0 S
  《When to recruit?》,何时招人?文章是讲的小公司招人的一些注意事项,应该如何判断招人的时机。  
  k+ |. ^4 H" a/ N  B  W  34题,cover是及物动词,后面直接接宾语,不需要用for。cover在此处的含义是“to be enough money to pay for something”。 ' z; q( K+ M# U% V
  35题,正确的。 4 P% m' ?. C" \9 W
  36题,这句的意思是说招人可以反过来增加收益。mean (the) increased profits,意味着增加的收益。并不是特别指代,不需要使用定冠词the。 7 k! x+ F% Q0 p: P- X
  37题,make是及物动词,直接后面接名词,make enough extra sales,不需要of。
: E$ A9 M% n7 u  E1 d% g7 S4 ^  38题,take on是雇佣的意思。看韦氏词典的解释:If you take someone on, you employ them to do a job.后面不需要with。
; }. f3 R' ?: I  39题,正确的。
1 O! R: h9 |2 \$ W- y  40题,in this case: in this situation, if so, if we consider this situation 在这种情况下,such多余。
* B: @' F) ]4 b5 `- S+ {  41题,正确的。 - }& E/ v, W5 R) i1 o
  42题,timing是时机掌握的意思:the choice, judgement, or control of when something should be done。这个句子的意思是如果你够聪明,把握好了正确的时机。直接用get sth. right,so是多余的。
2 _# Z' ^/ k  U; S" k9 T! a5 J  43题,招到了错误的人,形容词wrong后面直接接名词person,type是多余的。   E6 |# q8 z4 f: x" l* G0 r
  44题,take在这里是及物动词,指耗费了多少时间和精力,直接用动词take就能表示这个意思,around是多余的
( A( h# i; G/ w& _. A  45题,整个句子finding you made a mistake and need to recruit again(it) can have a very serious impact 成分很完整。finding you made a mistake and need to recruit again是主语,have是谓语,impact是宾语,it在这里多余。
回复

使用道具 举报

您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 立即注册

本版积分规则

Archiver|手机版|小黑屋|Woexam.Com ( 湘ICP备18023104号 )

GMT+8, 2024-4-28 23:00 , Processed in 0.168307 second(s), 21 queries .