扫一扫,访问微社区

查看: 67|回复: 0

[BEC模拟题] 2011商务英语考试:中级模拟题五(1)

[复制链接]
发表于 2012-8-14 19:26:31 | 显示全部楼层 |阅读模式
一. READING
  ]9 ^  ~/ V( j2 h9 m/ \; @; `9 c; QPART ONE- y8 i( d: Z; ?, k) h/ h2 U
Questions 1-7
; ^5 G# Z+ W0 h$ H: w5 {. Read these sentences and the following new reports.7 A) p6 ~: m6 f
. Which country does each sentence describe?
, i, R" [2 Y2 W( w$ g. For each sentence mark one letter (A ,B ,C or D) on your Answer Sheet.2 y3 z& z7 b2 L6 i( I- q& I; F& g
Example:: f  M' M5 I9 A8 h9 O, ~8 g  ?
The head of state went to China to treat his disease.
4 j6 n& @, |  z! ]Answer: B
8 J+ f- c/ @4 j: J1. The government didn't want to cancel a meeting in its capital.& V8 H4 Z& O5 E% H( j4 V6 ?
2. This country did something that went against the international agreements.
. ^' ^6 k: u: f* o* g# U3 i3. The king declared that he was unable to stop the civil war.' z2 j, ^. L! ^
4. A fierce quarrel broke out between this country and its neighbour.
1 p2 ]0 D8 V6 Y5. A national budget is going to be approved by the parliament some time in July.  r* J6 y  O: U/ c# T' E
6. An opposition .party plans to turn down its enemy who now controlls the government.3 ]& q, O' \: _) ]4 [8 d9 r
7. A nuclear reactor aroused the suspicion of the United Nations which sent inspectors there to investigate.- m; l( y9 d! x! G/ S  z7 k
A . North Korea announced that it had begun to change the fuel at a nuclear reactor at Youngbyon without the presence of international inspectors, a move that is contrary to international agreements.
" F' C5 X0 m! c3 k" ]* M) \/ cB. The Khmers Rouges claimed to have captured the town of Mongkol Borei, in north-western Cambodia. As King Sihanouk prepared to leave for China to resume cancer treatment ,he said he had lost hope of resolving the Cambodian conflict.$ ^2 i3 j/ m/ s3 ]* w7 {
C. Japan's main opposition party, the Liberal Democrats, said it would try to bring down the minority government of Tsutiomu Hata once the budget is passed by parliament in mid-July.
* D: V0 T2 D5 u4 W  @D. The Philippines refused a demand by Indonesia to ban a conference in Manila on East Timor, provoking the worst dispute between the countries for several years.
* e0 z  V/ L, @/ x参考答案:1. D 2. A 3. B 4. D 5. C 6. C 7. A
回复

使用道具 举报

您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 立即注册

本版积分规则

Archiver|手机版|小黑屋|Woexam.Com ( 湘ICP备18023104号 )

GMT+8, 2024-5-15 01:39 , Processed in 0.345109 second(s), 21 queries .