QQ登录

只需一步,快速开始

扫一扫,访问微社区

查看: 64|回复: 0

[BEC模拟题] 2011中级商务英语阅读模拟训练题精选(2)

[复制链接]
发表于 2012-8-14 19:26:31 | 显示全部楼层 |阅读模式
The Invention of the telephone, C, J( k* F2 b5 T+ Z( k
  In the nineteenth century, the invention of the telegraph made it possible to send noises, signals, and even music over wires from one place to another. However, the human voice __1__ this way. Many inventors tried to find a __2__ to send a voice over wires, and in 1876 some of their efforts were crowned with success. ___3___ American inventors, Alexander Graham Bell and Elisha Gray, __4__ at almost the same time. The United States Supreme Court finally had to decide which of the two __5__ the first inventor of the telephone. The Court decided __6__ Bell's favor.
' c8 N% g7 T$ S3 Y  Born in Edinbrug, Scotland, Bell grew up in a family __7__ was very interested in teaching people to speak. His grandfather had been an actor who left __8__ to teach elocution; his father was a teacher __9__ deaf-mutes learn how to speak.
- C4 {; |+ N+ o0 k1 Y; D, [8 b  However, probably none of the __10__ inventions gave Bell the same feeling of triumph __11__ he had on the day when he spilled some acid from his batteries. It was after he had worked for months to find ways to send something more __12__metallic twangs over the wires. Thinking Watson, __13__, was in the next room, Bell called, "Mr. Watson, __14__. I want you." Watson was not in the next room. He was down in his laboratory, __15__ to the receiver. To Watson's surprise, he heard the words perfectly. He ran to tell Bell the news: the wires had carried Bell's voice perfectly.
; _) q+ E: f# F! s  U. {0 q  EXERCISE:
7 s/ Q$ D/ M4 k) x' x  1. A) had never traveled B) never had traveled C) was never traveled D) never was traveled, O( J; t0 i7 ]6 @4 L, x
  2. A) solution B) key C) way D) mean* N  }3 P$ S6 T$ S; D
  3. A) Two B) The two C) The two of D) Of two( Z: Z$ Y% V/ w/ P
  4. A) was succeeded B) have succeeded C) succeeded D) was succeeding5 x2 e2 I8 J( Q; \2 V9 t
  5. A) was B) to be C) being D) having been
& {/ Z$ ~/ ~' L  v, ~  6. A) at B) on C) to D) in7 H5 S* d; I5 a6 a- X
  7. A) that B)where C) in which D) who7 |0 z: d4 a  v1 b
  8. A) a theatre B) theatre C) theatres D) the theatre
& ]1 U. p4 ^! q$ \% i, o! s  9. A) which was helped B) that was helped C) who helped D) who has helped. g( q. F+ @! y# ~& o
  10. A) later B) latter C) lately D) afterwards) a; w- a% h" T+ M* _6 ~
  11. A) like B) to Cㄘwhich D) as! k- w& e+ x% R) O8 e! J# F3 P
  12. A) of B) / C) as D) than
/ b4 e( a1 f1 m' t  13. A) being his helper B) was his helper C) his helper D) to be his helper
: P6 A8 k& w" u6 Q) F1 [1 T  14. A) come here B) come up C) go away D) go down) T8 N+ A, c. b/ f# R( I
  15. A) besides B) beside C) next D) by" ~5 x) o  d; |' L& T
  Key: ACACADADCADDCAC
回复

使用道具 举报

您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 立即注册

本版积分规则

Archiver|手机版|小黑屋|Woexam.Com ( 湘ICP备18023104号 )

GMT+8, 2024-4-29 10:16 , Processed in 0.244224 second(s), 21 queries .