QQ登录

只需一步,快速开始

扫一扫,访问微社区

查看: 48|回复: 0

[BEC高级] 2011商务英语高级口语:宗教禁忌

[复制链接]
发表于 2012-8-14 19:47:01 | 显示全部楼层 |阅读模式
公关部主任Janet Liu召集下属开会,询问中东代表团的活动安排。3 v7 e% M. s9 h! t) ^$ g- [! M
Janet Liu: Good morning, Silvia. Good morning, Pete. How is my public relations team doing today?
+ U  U) `, P$ F8 G* KSilvia Kranson: Morning, Ms. Liu.
: D+ E) @% N0 q1 w  gPete Chan: Very well, thank you.
7 P) B1 v7 ]! Q: d$ h2 m1 HJ: I called this meeting to check up on preparations for the upcoming visit by the delegation from the Middle East. Any progress?( d; z# s  @/ K0 X
S: Actually the delegation has been scaled back to just two groups, one from Saudi Arabia and another from Israel.2 s! q+ L' Q1 O* l2 P2 `+ }- o. R
J: OK...I assume accommodations have been taken care of?
6 m2 S& T, r. c3 A- iP: Yes, the group from Saudi Arabia will stay at the Golden Palace while the team from Israel is booked at the Twin Oaks Resort.' q5 {; H) B! i. M# h& t5 [
Silvia告诉Janet说,中东代表团规模减小了,只剩下两组人,分别来自沙特阿拉伯和以色列。Silvia说的Scale back。 Scale back是缩小规模。5 P3 V& h' I1 L# |( ?
Pete报告说,旅馆也定好了。Their accommodations have been taken care of. Accommodations。
" S2 d( [$ l+ Q. ?让我们继续听一下代表团的日程安排。# u5 b9 F/ p. X" Q: W. F, p- U) Z
J: Can you give me a quick rundown of the schedule for when they're here?6 L' f% r7 ^( R8 r% u
S: The first day is free as they adjust to the time difference. We're planning a trip to our factory on day two, a cultural tour on day three and days four through six are at the seminar and workshop.0 ]* T' a- a' n( s( X
P: On the last day we've planned some great meals and we'll top off the evening with some fun at a karaoke bar.: }" x9 `+ x! Q( K7 ?
简单说一下日程安排:A quick rundown of the schedule。第一天倒时差,adjust to the time difference. 第二天参观工厂,第三天文艺活动,第四天到第六天办学习班。最后一天吃饭卡拉OK。让我们听听Janet为什么不满意。
; O0 ]& z3 _9 {: c! v( NS: Yeah, we're taking them to Sam's Super Pork Restaurant for lunch and dinner is at Wang's Seafood Paradise.
/ O! j1 g* D$ r2 lJ: Um...that could be a problem. Have you considered that they might have special dietary needs? Most people in Saudi Arabia are Muslims, and Muslims don't eat pork. In fact, they might only eat Halal food.: C/ t2 }9 ^- [! h
Janet提醒说,沙特主要是穆斯林,不吃猪肉。2 E  u7 S4 h, I8 y. V
P: Halal?: W0 S9 j  A8 t2 t# B
J: Yes, Halal means food, especially meat, that's been prepared according to Islamic religious laws. The Israeli group could also be a problem as many of them might be Jewish and keep Kosher.
, J$ }5 d- l$ j7 V% ?S: Kosher?0 d% B6 O2 R9 _0 A! @
J: It's similar to the Muslim rules, but Kosher is a Jewish system of dietary laws. People who keep Kosher don't eat pork, shrimp or crab.3 k* ]7 ~. g" T0 z3 \
S: So I guess we will have to reconsider the meals.+ Q) u% Q8 D4 \/ q! T
Halal是按照伊斯兰教规准备的肉。Janet还说,以色列是犹太人,要吃Kosher,不吃猪肉、虾和蟹。Silvia和Pete还犯了一些什么错误,我们下次继续听。
回复

使用道具 举报

您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 立即注册

本版积分规则

Archiver|手机版|小黑屋|Woexam.Com ( 湘ICP备18023104号 )

GMT+8, 2024-10-4 16:19 , Processed in 0.514852 second(s), 21 queries .