QQ登录

只需一步,快速开始

扫一扫,访问微社区

查看: 58|回复: 0

[BEC高级] BEC考试辅导:2011年商务英语(高级)难词解析汇编(4)

[复制链接]
发表于 2012-8-14 19:47:01 | 显示全部楼层 |阅读模式
  annoyance 令人讨厌的人或事
0 O( V4 V7 w7 \- [$ k+ s  例:The target market has viewed the ad so many times that it no longer makes a positive impression, and, in fact, it may make a negative impression in the form of an annoyance.
$ j+ ^3 M1 j& Z. T  O; }6 X  annual general meeting 年度股东大会(根据法律规定每年举行,出席的包括公司成员,股东和董事),简称AGM.口语里也称the yearly shareholders' meeting.$ d7 @7 L9 c" Q
  例: The financial results will be announced at the annual general meeting.3 ~' {% Y3 j4 d* y. F4 u( S4 @$ ]
  annualization 年工时制
% Y0 e! \2 R& k+ ~) M  例: She also said companies might be able to implement the government's measures based on the "annualization" of working hours rather than a calculation week by week.
! f# h) b; h1 o/ ~" a2 y1 {  annual production 年产量
6 A+ _7 [" ^* I8 \  例: Within five years annual production went from 20 000 to 230 000 cars and the company founded its first South American subsidiary.
+ U& g1 ~6 z/ q  annual profit 年收益,年利润$ }. c. N" M# z" l
  例: The company produces an annual profit of 25 million.
& ?' }8 M- g, Q" |- A  w# k* r. d0 `  annual report 年报- {2 a9 w- O7 m
  例: An annual report is a document which tells you about the company's performance over the year.
* a" X! r/ b8 P5 P& R. m: Z  appointment 任命,(聘任的)职位. a* g6 w9 z, z* X, X; C* l
  例: There has been a new appointment to the board.' ]( a! ^9 @/ w, v
  appraisal 评价,评估3 E$ s- ~& Z# Z3 U8 c
  例: annual appraisal interviews 年度能力评估面试$ J, h2 k  M. x' _  u3 V  V0 K
  appointed 1 任命的
! ]3 ]: J- Y+ x$ s9 o; d  例1: Measures are taken to ensure that newly-appointed members of staff are integrated effectively into existing teams.
" v* ~( {8 _( b- R4 I* K  ?) ]) {  appreciation  增值,升值* _% M* r$ F5 ^+ U; o2 H
  例:For investors, innovation has translated into stong earnings growth and stock price appreciation.
" K; i4 j3 c" Q' o+ c* p8 X  approach to dialogue谈话方式
( B; Z! c, R3 t  例:Different language have their own approach to dialogue.
+ D* N0 }! f3 H  arrival notice到货通知.! Z- f4 P+ q( M9 M7 Y* b4 j
  例:We have not yetreceived the carrier's arrival notice.% R/ X0 `' j3 z; G% S' y/ x+ v
  articles (在法律事务所)培训期,律师实习
8 ]( _4 ]* d, f' Y0 R/ _4 b* N% p5 e  例:She's doing her articles with a firm in London.
" F$ O3 a4 z0 M& y# M, W! C; j  A share A股股票(持有者没有投票权的普通股票): \. a9 |3 @6 G) _
  例: But the A shares, off limits to foreign investors, were still among the best performers.
# n) d: O7 m+ ^; A! N  Asian crises of the late 1990s 90年代末亚洲金融危机
  a2 p9 e' b8 A+ B1 D  例:As Asian crises of the late 1990s illustrated, U.S.firms entering international business transactions need to be cautious of foreign governments.2 G6 y. |9 v. u2 \
  as is 按现状出售,概不保证,亦作as seen.
& I% A( q( c5 [2 ]1 S2 E# o/ `: ?' H  例:The goods are to be sold as is .! ]9 ^' e+ Z* o) g- t. V7 P0 f
  asking price 索要价,要价; N+ \* Q3 I# u7 G
  例:Always negotiate, never pay the full asking price.* T8 k0 E0 q/ x5 @. R/ b
  asleep at the switch 玩忽职守,坐失良机
; ?* `) l* D+ F; p/ {4 Y5 E  例:Interest rates dropped significantly for a month before climbing back to higher levels, but our finance manager was asleep at the switch and failed to renegotiate our loans.
$ ]7 `( Q* }/ L( T8 {2 l* y4 y  as of 自......起,等于as from+ H  f' U8 w, J
  例:I would like to inform you that as of September 6, 2001,the new name for our company will be Sunrise.; z5 D" U' ]6 Z. C: u
  as per 按照,依据0 I7 ~: t' a% \1 W2 Z2 X: k
  例:The client requested that we send our report to him on a computer disc, so we wrote a short note to him saying"as per your request, we are sending you our report on disc," and elclosed it with the disc.$ r) I) R$ @; ^- s) \0 t! [
  aspirational group 带领性消费群体,领导性消费群体5 x% d7 q& h& c  ]( ]
  例:Our emulates certain reference groups(aspirational groups) whereas one is actually a member of other groups.8 O# ~% [  p/ h$ G
  as seen 看货买卖,现场交易(货物按买者所见现状出售,卖方不保证质量), c) H+ e( i5 K$ H% `9 s2 T
  例: If you buy at a car auction you take the vehicle as seen.
1 d; \) [+ ~- o, V' u! t  Assembly line 装配线" n; b5 g+ Z) B) c5 ]8 a& p4 [
  e.g. He first worked on the shop floor on the assembly line. 他先是在工厂的装配线上工作。' U9 x6 G! h, m. x6 U. m; V/ w  l4 S9 `
  e.g. I hope that all the training programs they run for the staff on the assembly line might have begun to have an effect. 希望那些为工作在装配线上的员工提供的专业培训,如今已经开始发挥作用
回复

使用道具 举报

您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 立即注册

本版积分规则

Archiver|手机版|小黑屋|Woexam.Com ( 湘ICP备18023104号 )

GMT+8, 2024-10-4 14:20 , Processed in 0.152493 second(s), 21 queries .