只需一步,快速开始

扫一扫,访问微社区

查看: 50|回复: 0

[BEC高级] 2011年商务英语考试:BEC高级阅读指导(5)

[复制链接]
发表于 2012-8-14 19:47:01 | 显示全部楼层 |阅读模式
Part two
$ ~# {2 p1 z' R9 Z# F1 p& k, b7 qQuestions 13-22& r9 u' g% Y- n6 V5 S0 a" q
●You will here five different business people talking about trips they have recently been on.% Q4 F0 M9 f- |1 x; y% l7 m
13& h8 b" ~. E# X# |
14' L7 G: R* O' g. u, E8 t
15& g! ?' z% c) O* R* b
16& ^+ H# G% W0 ^( P
179 {  `, Q; |  T, M- f
A to supervise staff training+ v' a. A( g7 Y" \& f5 L6 P* I
B to hold job interviews. n' J) k& r/ h3 g: b7 ]% h  D
C to introduce new policy8 g/ e  C( g5 R0 ]% t( s2 x
D to visit possible new premises
/ C: t# v5 T) d  x9 wE to observe working practices
7 T6 Y+ |) z" Q1 n  k& U' x7 ~F to meet a new manager
( k, M; _1 x4 K* J. g: PG to sign a new contract2 h8 m) h9 b- K; ]7 \; t
H to deal with a complaint
, ^. D( A$ U* y0 h) C; ZTask two-problem
) B0 x5 p" U4 b% h$ p; l9 V9 A7 `●For question 18-22, match the extracts with the problem, listed A –H
3 ~/ l- P1 p% {! V' g2 w5 d●For each extract, choose the problem described0 b6 B; h! A( v
● write one letter (A-H) next to the number of the extract
9 t: X, e9 s7 T: o' h; R  M7 ~18
( y, N! E1 J- S  F4 w190 |- C3 `1 X: L. T  S
0 r6 v5 o( C  V, I21
4 c$ R. N5 |2 }' C( f22
: P" y6 R+ y0 i6 E8 ?: p+ [# pA I forgot a document1 O% S  ?# g7 x# m0 ?0 p
B My hotel was noisy" l$ k9 }8 m+ [1 K' @9 W
C I was late for meeting.0 B0 a: ]8 G7 A4 x
D I didn’t understand some figures.: j" D) L5 p4 r3 M
E The service at my hotel was bad.! J8 e2 O# @; Y2 q. s# G; C7 B4 F! Y5 J
F I had some wrong information+ y% o# j8 m+ @- D
G I didn’t have an interpreter.
5 h1 ], N. l/ p& |. m: WH I experienced computer problems.8 s$ e8 t4 B% P( `4 B2 `& V
PART THREE) K# [. t* T& x0 Q/ x8 U/ j
Question 23-30.  ~0 M: j4 H3 @
●You will hear part of a conversation between a management consultant and the Human Resources manager of Jenkins, a company which manufactures children’s clothing.
* t; V6 V+ q. v  k- N23 What is said about the ownership of Jenkins?4 N5 @! {* V) ?
A the founder has sold the company to someone else.* F: j) W( }: |+ S
B Jenkins has merged with another company! `! b6 k: C9 H  ?9 y/ E- g
C There has been no change of ownership.
4 a- ?' J/ Z8 _% m24 What does the Human Resources manager see as the main external threat to Jenkins?' ^5 w/ g" {4 c) t9 f3 ~: S. D
A Their retailers are becoming less willing to pay their prices.
* u# c0 b: d9 v% m" g) c6 aB Consumers are buying more top-of-the-range children’s clothes.  f) T3 Y2 G# z& v+ L) `7 \4 c! D# v
C More and more companies are producing children’s clothes.3 U9 I- r6 ?2 L& o, U: u
25 The Human Resources manager sees the company’s main strength as the fact that/ Z* i3 e7 g8 C+ |& i5 y# @8 U$ d! ]
A It has several long-term contracts
# V& }5 h( I; H9 V! I+ AB it makes products of high quality: d  d* a# q) M# a' v$ _
C its distribution system is efficient
# C1 p$ z! g! N1 Q3 w26 The Human Resources manager believes that Jenkins’ main weakness at present is that& J8 z5 \6 u1 v+ k2 M' H8 B# [6 i
A the machinery is inadequate for current requirements- N8 Z" W  I8 n! W' t( T4 V" j
B the management style is out of line with modern demands
$ |" O' x/ f  `6 U; ^C the relation between management and workers are poor./ t5 `9 q9 H5 ?8 j/ Y4 _! P& ~
27 According to the Human Resources manager, why do many machinists choose to leave?
$ x# F* j; {1 L: O# P0 ^1 D( [A They think that they can get better paid work elsewhere.
% w% X$ u3 z2 a$ x' C& U0 q2 C: YB They feel that too much is expected of them! z- k! M3 u' [' m# X* l3 ]0 a
C They lack confidence in the company’ future* [+ N# _. O( t/ C& g( Y; S
28 When working to produce a batch of clothes
0 ?" c4 u' `& n$ I% V& AA each team is responsible for a particular operation6 x; C0 O  T% y7 x6 a7 F
B each member of the team produces a complete item1 j% ?( b! V4 M9 c- w% Z2 q9 b. v
C each person carries out one part of the production process' ^& |- W# I5 |* n% K
29. What change has been made to range of goods?
) a+ P2 |% W" r  _' GA A smaller number of items is produced( Y( Q6 f; R4 `) \' D# w4 E2 _( l- a
B Each item is now made in smaller quantities.: f# y& K1 d" {
C Fewer new styles are introduced each year.
6 `* q1 ?5 I: }0 v# l$ a6 w& F30 What is said about the machinists?
# i% f# A. p/ X. z% vA More of their work is falling below the required standard.$ T& W+ k; p/ D, c6 J- r
B Some of them are earning less than they used to.% m; G, L3 ]. w. V# C/ H8 b& C; V
C They have to spend longer learning to operate new machines.$ P0 x( l- N8 g7 H$ y
That is the end of the Listening test. You now have ten minutes to transfer your answers
$ O7 G# ]) n- K9 ESpeaking 16 minutes0 s6 t4 l6 E2 S$ `) L* X8 ?0 o0 g
Part one:" c, x+ O6 m+ Q' G
In this part, the interlocutor asks question on a number of work-related and non-work related subjects to each candidate in turn. You have to give information about yourself and express personal opinions.) U0 O4 G( c9 v' U! F: W1 _6 @+ ~5 U
Part two
$ j, w2 U- p* n: j% _! {The candidate chooses one topic and speaks about it for approximately one minute. One minute’s preparation time is allowed.
; K! U- ?/ t. `- JA Customer relations: the importance of making customers feel valued
2 j" j$ }' _3 [. _. rB company growth : the importance to a company of controlling expansion
3 d& D4 I: y0 p. @2 KC Marketing: how to ensure that agents maintain a high level of effectiveness when representing a company* r; B1 b4 w9 p
Part Three:1 n, X& `, ^% s+ O
In this part of the test, candidates are given a topic to discuss and are allowed 30 seconds to look at the prompt card, before talking together for about three minutes.
4 M+ u' N: }. cAfterwards, the examiner asks more questions related to the topic.
% I. o$ N2 m8 k* t6 A2 JFor two candidates
+ [, j: |0 Y/ u. j( tStaff Suggestion Scheme
% M% g) ?2 e/ s* ^Your company is planning to introduce a suggestion scheme and to encourage members of staff at all levels to contribute ideas. You have been asked to consider ways of setting up the scheme.* u) r- F* C. D% G- g3 ~
Discuss, and decide together:
3 [/ a" P: ~2 p●How to set up the scheme so that all staff feel they can contribute. ^4 a7 Z3 Y% ?, \& s; o* z
●How suggestions from members of staff could be evaluated.
4 m' I6 f! X: ?0 c0 vFor three candidates/ V9 s% W! E# Z' @
Staff suggestion scheme:
+ Q$ N: f" ~9 V( F, h$ g  I' _# bYou company is planning to introduce a suggestion scheme and to encourage members of staff at all levels to contribute ideas. You have been asked to consider ways of setting up the scheme.
% R9 _' G5 ~) a, L) z5 uDiscuss, and decide together:
9 r3 t$ R2 z  C. _- C- e7 n●How to set up the scheme so that all staff feel they can contribute6 H! A  ?. _. U7 S4 x. _7 p, C- D
●How suggestions from members of staff could be evaluated
9 W7 T8 O* E7 ^( `- V●What kinds of rewards would be suitable for suggestions made.考试用书
: \9 f- \$ q/ R$ P- N# w" ~# _Follow-on questions :  j" }9 G2 _. F) t  ?
●Which kinds of companies can benefit most from suggestion schemes?9 J; g! f5 K( ]- f
(why?)●What other methods can companies use to generate ideas for improvements?0 C9 @' F- a6 G# F4 L, n& R
●What other ways are there of increasing staff involvement in a company?
* n6 P9 N: l8 o4 }( \3 @5 G, j●In what ways can companies obtain suggestion or comments from customers?
  x" r1 P, K" g* q( L●How important are new ideas for companies in maintaining competitiveness? Why
回复

使用道具 举报

您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 立即注册

本版积分规则

Archiver|手机版|小黑屋|Woexam.Com ( 湘ICP备18023104号 )

GMT+8, 2024-5-30 09:55 , Processed in 0.263922 second(s), 21 queries .