立即注册

QQ登录

只需一步,快速开始

扫一扫,访问微社区

查看: 77|回复: 0

[BEC中级] 2011商务英语中级口语精讲班讲义第一讲22

[复制链接]
发表于 2012-8-14 19:56:54 | 显示全部楼层 |阅读模式
1.What is important when considering a career change? Further study or training, Opportunities for future promotion% p& N) x8 @% W+ r; i3 [
    For one thing, whether further study or training is provided is a crucial first consideration.  When an employee receives further training, he is obviously more competitive than those who don’t and therefore has better chances of surviving a downturn. To put it another way, companies are likely to retain highly trained staff members even when mass layoff is inevitable.
- o! g9 s* t+ n$ i; g     Last but not least, opportunities for future promotion is no small factor either.  A firm with plenty of promotion opportunities allows staff members to work his way to the top of the corporate ladder.  That will give employees not only enough room for personal growth, but also better financial rewards. As a result, employees in such companies are more likely to achieve a better level of job satisfaction.
+ q) g9 ~. x1 n; a2.What is important when aiming for promotion? Quality of performance, Company loyalty0 `/ D9 L$ K, A( J4 j: ^3 M+ y* J
    To begin with, the quality of your performance is normally the most significant factor in promotion.  Here, what I mean by performance includes, but is not limited to, your track record, your productivity, your efficiency, your integrity and your leadership skills.  Therefore, you should try your best to acquire extra skills and qualifications, as well as doing a good job.  9 t! a: B3 ^) k4 J# I1 I- b
    On the other hand, you must also show loyalty and commitment to your company.  If your firm feels that you do not intend to stay on, there is little likelihood for you to be promoted.  So, don’t ‘shop around’ for the best job possible.  Instead, you should plan to stick with a company until you have proven yourself.
回复

使用道具 举报

您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 立即注册

本版积分规则

Archiver|手机版|小黑屋|Woexam.Com ( 湘ICP备18023104号 )

GMT+8, 2024-6-26 23:52 , Processed in 0.206582 second(s), 21 queries .