只需一步,快速开始

扫一扫,访问微社区

查看: 100|回复: 0

[BEC中级] 2011商务英语中级考试阅读指点(8)

[复制链接]
发表于 2012-8-14 19:56:54 | 显示全部楼层 |阅读模式
  Questions 8 - 12 4 @2 H$ j. Y5 Q* s
  1 Read this advertisement about business book reviews.' w1 x) i1 x4 y" F
  2 Choose the best sentence from the opposite page to fill each of the gaps.
+ @9 C# R1 y& ~9 ~  3 For each gap 8 - 12, mark one letter A - I on your Answer Sheet.0 R+ C7 s$ |* d' {6 @9 w
  4 Do not mark any letter twice.
7 d" @% f' ~: `8 C" K- l  A  Special Introductory Offer!
0 Y+ Y1 g6 H0 i+ U  Gain a working knowledge of the top; b% z/ M: M5 r1 ~, g
  Business books – rapidly and easily
* d* y5 J# P% U0 ?  Now you can read the best business books - in just 15 minutes each!
) U" r/ c# b' @- f  It's the executive dilemma of the Nineties: information overload. ____(example).____ There should be a simpler way to keep track of the latest ideas. And there is.3 R/ C. Q; K$ @7 V: O: M
  A systematic solution:
2 E4 `8 B7 X# y. t" H' O7 k( q" k0 f$ A  Suppose you had an assistant who screened and selected only the quality books for you. ____ (8)____ . So you could obtain a working knowledge of the book’s contents in a fraction of the time. Now you can have that assistant with Executive Book Summaries. Every month, you receive quick-reading, time-saving summaries of the best new business books. ____(9)____ . This means that rather than taking five to ten hours to read, it takes just 15 minutes!, ]5 q# v0 f2 x$ i  W
  How you'll benefit.) I$ y, ~2 d* q. W" C0 D" l9 k. o4 i
  Executive Book Summaries, designed for the busy executive, are a solution to the growing management problem of too much to read and too little lime to do it.& a3 r/ W' W: @: I2 _) M5 C
  1 Improve your business confidence.
3 Z4 Z# R- B9 J  You gain a real understanding of the key points of the best new business books.
8 [: g9 E+ ?7 c( V  2 Learn more, remember more.
9 o( E) o# }6 G3 R+ U( O  We've taken account of extensive research into the memory functions of the human brain ____(10)____ .
1 V8 X% \. K" ]3 r, m4 R  3 Get ideas you can use.
4 u6 [5 Z% ^8 @" C0 u$ s5 H  b  ____(11)____ . In a summary, these ideas are more accessible and ‘actionable’./ J) A. M: m2 T
  4 Cut hundreds of hours off your reading load.
/ Z! f7 q7 t; d& w: M; I  How often have you opened a new book with great expectations - only to find it a huge disappointment? ____(12)____9 k) z4 ~  y) x" B- _4 p
  The books we summarise cover just about every subject you need to know, from management techniques to guidance on your career.
& V2 a5 D+ h& r* }  A) These introductory texts are the most important books and using them can pay big dividends.
) \/ G: A& V" u7 ~6 [. d  B) Discover practical tips and techniques you can apply without delay.
7 R7 f; T7 b. g# B  C) In order to avoid this problem, we select for you only the truly worthwhile titles and reject the rest.6 @3 q# J2 X" }  v3 _( V
  D) According to studies published in psychology journals, you retain the content of a summary better than a book.$ k$ r" e7 j- z1 T
  E) He or she would take the most important ideas from each one, and compile them into a neat executive summary.
, \/ K( {5 q$ t# j+ b4 L  F) With the breadth and depth of knowledge gained from books, it is less likely that you'll be caught off guard.. N/ Y: o5 t2 w5 ?
  G) Each contains all the key points in the original book, but instead of 200 to 500 pages there are only eight pages.1 f3 N' Z2 L, U' q) X3 h. L
  H) There's a sample of the superb business titles that we summarise for you.4 r* ]% v/ i6 c  N5 m% G2 p
  I) With all the reading you have to do in the normal course of your work, you find it impossible to keep up with all the new business books.
3 M6 }: |3 v& ]) r+ U  答案:8.E 9.G 10.D 11.B 12.C
回复

使用道具 举报

您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 立即注册

本版积分规则

Archiver|手机版|小黑屋|Woexam.Com ( 湘ICP备18023104号 )

GMT+8, 2024-10-4 22:33 , Processed in 0.576738 second(s), 21 queries .