QQ登录

只需一步,快速开始

扫一扫,访问微社区

查看: 53|回复: 0

[BEC中级] 2012年商务英语中级阅读理解练习16

[复制链接]
发表于 2012-8-14 19:56:54 | 显示全部楼层 |阅读模式
Special Introductory Offer!
3 N" a7 s- j/ `1 L' E) eGain a working knowledge of the top  * w: }# l* o, y+ m8 f
Business books – rapidly and easily : E4 ~: N" L/ S1 w9 h
Now you can read the best business books - in just 15 minutes each! , u! A) P& ]% B  D" J) m
It’s the executive dilemma of the Nineties: information overload. ____(example).____ There should be a simpler way to keep track of the latest ideas. And there is.   j1 W, F" _' p& L& N3 `5 {
A systematic solution:
$ I1 R7 U8 j. k! c7 ?+ Y) j& ISuppose you had an assistant who screened and selected only the quality books for you. ____ (8)____ . So you could obtain a working knowledge of the book’s contents in a fraction of the time. Now you can have that assistant with Executive Book Summaries.  Every month, you receive quick-reading, time-saving summaries of the best new business books. ____(9)____ . This means that rather than taking five to ten hours to read, it takes just 15 minutes! 8 X) k, f+ b8 ^: a& T
How you’ll benefit. ! {- l% J- K( d* U, h9 Q
Executive Book Summaries, designed for the busy executive, are a solution to the growing management problem of too much to read and too little lime to do it. 3 \0 c* A' s: G$ j
Ÿ           Improve your business confidence.
% ]* X9 c; i5 M; Q4 ]# y( Q; GYou gain a real understanding of the key points of the best new business books.
: G. x+ F) y% P  wŸ           Learn more, remember more.
( d* L- l# E+ DWe’ve taken account of extensive research into the memory functions of the human brain ____(10)____ . # A1 ]; U, n+ `1 R. C' L7 h
Ÿ           Get ideas you can use. " X- \% a6 ~" w0 B- g
____(11)____ . In a summary, these ideas are more accessible and ‘actionable’. , _& J, N$ L* A
Ÿ           Cut hundreds of hours off your reading load.
9 P0 d) A. Y; N& WHow often have you opened a new book with great expectations - only to find it a huge disappointment? ____(12)____   s' `# u4 L0 \" e+ i/ g
The books we summarise cover just about every subject you need to know, from management techniques to guidance on your career. 6 z7 B/ w7 s/ x6 F
A)    These introductory texts are the most important books and using them can pay big dividends.
: _( r3 V/ w8 d6 c  g4 P# jB)    Discover practical tips and techniques you can apply without delay.
, Z5 z, k/ ]; AC)    In order to avoid this problem, we select for you only the truly worthwhile titles and reject the rest.
) Q0 K" [# j3 t; ?& ^' l5 oD)   According to studies published in psychology journals, you retain the content of a summary better than a book.
! W" o/ R3 l, Q+ eE)    He or she would take the most important ideas from each one, and compile them into a neat executive summary. 4 ?' f% @9 \$ A
F)    With the breadth and depth of knowledge gained from books, it is less likely that you’ll be caught off guard.
* ^6 h! Z8 V2 l0 N* @G)   Each contains all the key points in the original book, but instead of 200 to 500 pages there are only eight pages. 2 b5 T! u( k! ^$ s
H)    There’s a sample of the superb business titles that we summarise for you. 6 |  l+ s# z7 I7 I$ v  l% m5 S' v
I)     With all the reading you have to do in the normal course of your work, you find it impossible to keep up with all the new business books.
: I/ `5 {; x: D  
. E2 R5 z0 z. x7 M答案:8.E            9.G               10.D  11.B    12.C
回复

使用道具 举报

您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 立即注册

本版积分规则

Archiver|手机版|小黑屋|Woexam.Com ( 湘ICP备18023104号 )

GMT+8, 2024-5-28 03:05 , Processed in 0.253706 second(s), 21 queries .