扫一扫,访问微社区

查看: 51|回复: 0

[BEC中级] 2012年商务英语中级阅读理解练习23

[复制链接]
发表于 2012-8-14 19:56:54 | 显示全部楼层 |阅读模式
PART TWO  
7 H" \  P5 p. \3 L2 [% \Questions 8 - 12 ! ~9 A5 J% T3 N2 p- i, s9 @
l         Read this advertisement about business book reviews. 2 x/ o  p# ]/ F
l         Choose the best sentence from the opposite page to fill each of the gaps.
4 {9 q8 N+ g7 l9 g* T# e3 E3 Al         For each gap 8 - 12, mark one letter A - I on your Answer Sheet.
! K0 j+ x* J7 {- N% `. z4 n+ Ol         Special Introductory Offer! " ]" H7 L% r1 a/ j; q4 Z- L, a) v
Gain a working knowledge of the top  8 C& N: {; [, {+ N2 w, n( _
Business books – rapidly and easily
# \( M' J$ _% N! ~: X% H% ~Now you can read the best business books - in just 15 minutes each!
" s7 d* w' x5 D" cIt’s the executive dilemma of the Nineties: information overload. ____(example).____ There should be a simpler way to keep track of the latest ideas. And there is.
+ u0 {6 d: ~* f" a6 Q1 R7 @A systematic solution:
+ E! ^4 a4 b) B2 r! \$ M: VSuppose you had an assistant who screened and selected only the quality books for you. ____ (8)____ . So you could obtain a working knowledge of the book’s contents in a fraction of the time. Now you can have that assistant with Executive Book Summaries.  Every month, you receive quick-reading, time-saving summaries of the best new business books. ____(9)____ . This means that rather than taking five to ten hours to read, it takes just 15 minutes!
/ ^( k# c* l8 Q# i4 {; w* H) [, RHow you’ll benefit. * c# S' t, ?" x. r7 K8 C
Executive Book Summaries, designed for the busy executive, are a solution to the growing management problem of too much to read and too little lime to do it. 4 s% c  V" V0 Z. @4 L
Ÿ           Improve your business confidence. 2 [  I5 g8 R4 ?) }1 E# E
You gain a real understanding of the key points of the best new business books.
4 j. v$ V0 x& T& o0 kŸ           Learn more, remember more.
7 Y5 B9 }5 _$ W/ j4 mWe’ve taken account of extensive research into the memory functions of the human brain ____(10)____ . 3 g5 c/ Q8 r6 q0 i0 J
Ÿ           Get ideas you can use.
) [( {- r/ i6 \) q/ c+ |____(11)____ . In a summary, these ideas are more accessible and ‘actionable’. 4 _5 N- }: a8 a; m
Ÿ           Cut hundreds of hours off your reading load.
# `. m  E) G, t% o3 _/ Y0 B  S/ NHow often have you opened a new book with great expectations - only to find it a huge disappointment? ____(12)____
' B6 l# [& e& t$ Z' f6 ?The books we summarise cover just about every subject you need to know, from management techniques to guidance on your career.
; o% \, P! X2 I+ H8 yDo not mark any letter twice. 0 w8 x* s0 w  ?" y! Y; g3 |

' f9 v5 T6 K) }: r, O  
/ z1 b: @/ |- ?/ k7 [. xA)    These introductory texts are the most important books and using them can pay big dividends.
: n0 B: x/ t7 ZB)    Discover practical tips and techniques you can apply without delay.
4 o8 i' a" ^1 j8 ?% p  C4 d. tC)    In order to avoid this problem, we select for you only the truly worthwhile titles and reject the rest. 3 g) O+ E$ W: M, A; O
D)   According to studies published in psychology journals, you retain the content of a summary better than a book. 4 D$ B5 @! W& S% e) y9 y
E)    He or she would take the most important ideas from each one, and compile them into a neat executive summary.
6 r7 ^8 ?/ w7 SF)    With the breadth and depth of knowledge gained from books, it is less likely that you’ll be caught off guard. % X3 _9 L# w2 }. y5 M
G)   Each contains all the key points in the original book, but instead of 200 to 500 pages there are only eight pages. * V- z; N" O  I! m) S* r
H)    There’s a sample of the superb business titles that we summarise for you.
: I+ Y7 q2 Q! d3 W, L" WI)     With all the reading you have to do in the normal course of your work, you find it impossible to keep up with all the new business books.
8 `+ Z0 Y  }0 v- C" D8 _  
& _9 G7 G" u$ y  }答案:8.E            9.G               10.D  11.B    12.C
回复

使用道具 举报

您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 立即注册

本版积分规则

Archiver|手机版|小黑屋|Woexam.Com ( 湘ICP备18023104号 )

GMT+8, 2024-5-19 16:03 , Processed in 0.513718 second(s), 21 queries .