只需一步,快速开始

扫一扫,访问微社区

查看: 84|回复: 0

[BEC中级] 2012年商务英语中级阅读理解练习22

[复制链接]
发表于 2012-8-14 19:56:54 | 显示全部楼层 |阅读模式
PART  TWO  
' M  T, ]+ G2 q5 Z; Q8 BQuestions 8 – 12
, U8 r  k, h! w  ]" ~; g) p! xl     Read the following text. ; P3 }3 r2 a) ~$ e4 t. c
l     Choose the best sentence from the list on page 36 to fill each of the gaps. 4 `& t6 p" }7 U: q' k
l     For each gap 8 – 12 mark one letter A – I on your Answer Sheet. 4 M$ f4 _% Z$ x8 N0 Y7 ?
l     Do not mark any letter twice.
& G) H! g& R3 B* a9 N, W  
, [8 ^8 W8 z, R3 \Marketing , @$ I  v. r) b% D- G
In the past, the concept of marketing emphasised sales. The producer or manufacturer made a product he wanted to sell. ____ example ____ . Basically, selling the product would be accomplished by sales promotion, which included advertising and personal selling ____ (8) ____ Distribution consisted of transportation, storage,  and related services such as financing, standardisation and grading, and the related risks.
& v! D4 [. ?/ `/ w% N7 N" o) v& G  
  {2 l7 l+ h$ k+ S- r* R; dThe modern marketing concept encompasses all of the activities mentioned, but it is based on a different set of principles ____ (9) ____ In other words, goods should be produced only if they can be sold. Therefore, the producer should consider who is  going to buy the product ------ or what the market for the product is ---- before production begins.
8 m1 v5 s( S7 ^7 l; p  
0 O6 ]- s9 j8 nMarketing now involves first deciding what the customer wants, and designing and producing a product that satisfies these wants at a profit to the company ____(11)____ This is much more difficult since it involves human behaviour. ____(12)____ Thus, demand and market forces are still an important aspect of modern marketing, but they are considered prior to the production process. 9 }4 q4 C% w9 p9 D
  ; h& N% b( `. H
Example: C
4 d- E! I  H, r  ( ]- B. L7 T4 A9 L
A.       It subscribes to the notion that production can be economically justified only by consumption. & f3 J4 m+ ?& H  w3 Y
B.        Marketing was the task of figuring out how to sell the product.
4 \" M3 g  u2 ?6 W) X0 M$ FC.       Marketing is as important in today’s economy as the production of goods and services.
, X: [) o# C# G7 Y9 q+ cD.       Production, on the other hand, is mostly an engineering problem.
! a5 z- b' f9 ]5 W+ `+ J( sE.        Such markets must be created and stimulated by managers. 0 \& Z3 v% U3 C6 P1 `( r9 y
F.        This is very different from making a product and then thinking about how to sell it.
- z2 T* n' Y) g. RG.       More than half the cost of consumer goods can be traced to marketing activities. ! I* u) u$ E$ k* i  X0 u
H.       In addition to sales promotion, marketing also involved the physical distribution of the    1 A9 [3 Y) b, M1 [6 E( O) b3 m
product to the places where it was actually sold.
1 v9 [% I( ?) u" M7 o0 i9 f! `I.         Instead of concentrating solely on production, the company must consider the desires of the    ) J2 k) {6 ]! I7 p
consumer. ! b( Z* O5 Z- p
  , x0 ^9 a. _# _
答案:Questions 8 - 12:       H, A, F, I, D
回复

使用道具 举报

您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 立即注册

本版积分规则

Archiver|手机版|小黑屋|Woexam.Com ( 湘ICP备18023104号 )

GMT+8, 2024-10-4 22:32 , Processed in 0.382241 second(s), 21 queries .