立即注册

QQ登录

只需一步,快速开始

扫一扫,访问微社区

查看: 102|回复: 0

[BEC初级] 初级阅读:World Cup Surprises

[复制链接]
发表于 2012-8-14 20:05:42 | 显示全部楼层 |阅读模式
 Over the weekend Spain, the Netherlands, Uruguay and Germany made it through to the semi-finals of the World Cup, but the qualifying matches were not without a few surprises.
  t3 y! O2 ~1 F  One of the biggest shocks at the weekend was Germany's 4-0 triumph  over South American heavyweights Argentina.) A/ w, |4 Y, z$ l- n4 L$ N
  The young German team coped with everything Argentina could throw at them,which left the South American team with their worst World Cup defeat in 52 years./ e4 b5 j9 ]( r5 c  f
  After the game, Argentina coach Diego Maradonna, was left emotional on the sidelines and is now contemplating his future with the team.: g: W% u: i! y1 F# P/ W" _( i
  Maradonna says he needs to talk with the players and his family before he makes a decision.2 D# ]2 x0 U# H6 x8 g
  The fiery coach also spoke about how the Argentine people will feel about the team's performance.
- R3 [" P' a! e8 F* |  "This is a country where you live and breathe football. I don't think that anybody will be happy when the team loses 4-0."/ O: O! n: d; E- C! C& v  z3 b
  Another shocking outcome of the weekend's matches was hot favourites Brazil being knocked out of the competition by the Netherlands.
0 ?$ o) }! C6 d/ m1 d+ J  y  The dramatic game saw Brazil playing with 10 men, after Felipe Melo was given a red card following an altercation with the opposing team's Arjen Robben.
- {$ r3 A: T- f4 u3 e# x  After the game Brazil coach, Dunga talked about the team's surprise defeat.
* r1 n2 A0 ]3 t  "We're all extremely sad, we didn't expect this. We played well in the first half but we weren't able to maintain that rhythm。": M+ B* i+ n- |5 N1 d; z1 P% G
  The shock exit of the five time World Cup winners has resulted in the team's coach, Dunga getting the sack。
6 d( X) d* F: s0 ~; O! P/ G  Just over three weeks ago the World Cup started with 32 teams and now it's down to the final four. Uruguay will play the Netherlands and Spain will face Germany.' _! F# S% s9 S- s5 \9 r  I
  Spanish player, Andres Iniesta is looking forward to the game saying, "It will be a game between two rivals who enjoy having the ball and I think it will be a beautiful battle。"
回复

使用道具 举报

您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 立即注册

本版积分规则

Archiver|手机版|小黑屋|Woexam.Com ( 湘ICP备18023104号 )

GMT+8, 2024-5-17 05:37 , Processed in 0.234800 second(s), 21 queries .