QQ登录

只需一步,快速开始

扫一扫,访问微社区

查看: 80|回复: 0

[雅思预测] 考试辅导:2011年雅思阅读考试预测(14)

[复制链接]
发表于 2012-8-14 20:26:40 | 显示全部楼层 |阅读模式
  Questions 1-41 l1 c* @0 q, i5 \
  Complete each of the following statements with One or Two names of the scientists from the box below.& m# e' l( h, E/ \3 o) V" E. l
  Write the appropriate letters A-E in boxes 1-4 on your answer sheet.
+ Q3 E& M( T: ?* \" z: M% ]  A.     Attila Grandpierre
$ g. _4 V& e$ d# D. }  B.     Gábor ágoston
9 y- n/ U$ s& U3 ~  C.     Neil Edwards
% m1 s9 G6 ?0 C- ]  D.    Nigel Weiss" M) ]2 z3 i7 e) l; {7 c' g
  E.     Robert Ehrlich$ t" k2 m% Y3 @6 ?4 A# }
  1. ...claims there抯 a dimmer switch inside the sun that causes its brightness to rise and fall in periods as long as those between ice ages on Earth.. Q# X7 i8 e; f" n/ R% {
  2. ...calculated that the internal solar magnetic fields could produce instabilities in the solar plasma.. @+ {+ @2 ]' ]2 x  y' y
  3. ...holds that Milankovitch cycles can induce changes in solar heating on Earth and the changes are amplified on Earth." d( R7 \9 d# T" a
  4. ...doesn't believe in Ehrlich's viewpoints at all.
* }! u+ c- H0 J* B5 c% Q$ H  Questions 5-9* Y  ~/ M# l! ?/ J9 k& Z0 B7 Z
  Do the following statements agree with the information given in the reading passage?
1 \  B" l& B3 x' Y" t4 D  In boxes 5-9 on your answer sheet write. I- K; o! P& u+ |& @9 s
  TRUE     if the statement is true according to the passage
# k7 R8 E5 a8 C( \) h5 \  FALSE    if the statement is false according to the passage
3 Z* \& z5 a" K5 a" o  NOT GIVEN    if the information is not given in the passage
) L' N* ~/ }& m8 z, A  5. The ice ages changed frequency from 100,000 to 41,000 years a million years ago.* Q/ [0 z  |/ A( H  Q8 r
  6. The sole problem that the Milankovitch theory can not solve is to explain why the ice age frequency should shift from one to another.0 k( {+ q: z, `" `3 W3 g8 \
  7. Carbon dioxide can be locked artificially into sea ice to eliminate the greenhouse effect.' |1 a5 @: v, i# d9 {
  8. Some scientists are not ready to give up the Milankovitch theory though they haven't figured out which mechanisms amplify the changes in solar heating.* y8 l* T' `" s) K4 ^7 O
  9. Both Edwards and Ehrlich believe that there is no practical way to test when the solar temperature oscillation begins and when ends.
回复

使用道具 举报

您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 立即注册

本版积分规则

Archiver|手机版|小黑屋|Woexam.Com ( 湘ICP备18023104号 )

GMT+8, 2024-5-18 23:31 , Processed in 0.222116 second(s), 21 queries .