QQ登录

只需一步,快速开始

扫一扫,访问微社区

查看: 161|回复: 2

[雅思真题] 历年雅思阅读真题精选二

[复制链接]
发表于 2012-8-14 20:40:02 | 显示全部楼层 |阅读模式
Questions 12-16$ B& E1 p6 I$ M0 q8 F4 K
Reading Passage 2 has seven paragraphs A-G.
1 P0 B' W7 S9 {( @: hChoose the most suitable headings for paragraphs B-E and G from the list of heading below.
5 j: W2 k7 |0 e8 W! M  @Write the appropriate numbers (i-x) in boxes 12-16 on your answer sheet.  J, O: s5 J  H' W2 D  l+ H1 g
NB There are more headings than paragraphs so you will not use all of them.
1 T6 B, U: N; o! O. qYou may use any of the headings more than once." F/ s: Y, G8 ~6 R4 Q
List of Headings5 e* R& T9 T' h% Y
(i) The effect of changing demographics on organisations6 G% W0 L5 W( D' S
(ii) Future changes in the European workforce
; Q. ]; N( U2 R(iii) The unstructured interview and its validity
. R) r% {) S' l5 q: d3 q(iv) The person-skills match approach to selection
" I( w7 Y1 m, J3 E, K(v) The implications of a poor person-environment fit
+ W% u8 u! P# f" b! G(vi) Some poor selection decisions
# q( ]2 N0 ~# [9 W(vii) The validity of selection procedures
1 v7 h" j5 x+ G+ K% g(viii) The person-environment fit# U- h6 ]6 j8 |% j
(ix) Past and future demographic changes in Europe
0 h9 U' Q( c2 A0 ~/ E6 f' b1 A9 Q# a( L(x) Adequate and inadequate explanations of organisational failure/ d. R7 V/ k) E8 }, h* ^
Example Paragraph A Answer (x)
% P, X  e% h8 Q1 Z$ n6 [0 k: A12. Paragraph B
, t3 ~4 G$ d& x$ j- @1 `13. Paragraph C0 C8 U  Q1 v' {; ^0 p& ^  R1 @: a- s
14. Paragraph D
8 E; }3 {9 p" D9 t$ V: _15. Paragraph E
- |  @, k7 @( v5 \) f* C& r" p16. Paragraph G
4 G/ }9 m* F/ ^6 { 4 r; B. P# {/ }; C
PEOPLE AND ORGANISATIONS: THE SELECTION ISSUE
) V: R+ X4 `: A
# Q! E1 p6 M) d; {# o1 n7 F首页 1 2 3尾页
回复

使用道具 举报

楼主| 发表于 2012-8-14 20:40:03 | 显示全部楼层

历年雅思阅读真题精选二

A In 1991, according to the Department of Trade and Industry, a record 48,000 British</p>companies went out of business. When businesses fail, the post-mortem analysis is traditionally
0 a5 l! F6 Y9 I) v1 p6 u; i; wundertaken by accountants and market strategists. Unarguably organisations do fail because of
- n8 @3 U, ~/ Y4 e' B0 C+ p! vundercapitalisation, poor financial management, adverse market conditions etc. Yet, conversely,
) U5 e/ f' J, h+ oorganisations with sound financial backing, good product ideas and market acumen often8 e9 D; Z8 ?' ]0 j: M0 Z; G# E
underperform and fail to meet shareholders' expectations. The complexity, degree and sustainment
/ s8 F3 q2 Y* R: B7 v2 F4 f$ yof organisational performance requires an explanation which goes beyond the balance sheet and
, y. T& e% Q9 \; gthe "paper conversion" of financial inputs into profit making outputs. A more complete) {; Y6 H% X$ q: o3 V
explanation of "what went wrong" necessarily must consider the essence of what an organisation% c$ W( Z' m3 t# L( c" Z
actually is and that one of the financial inputs, the most important and often the most expensive, is
+ F$ u( ]* N- {3 `  K! {7 N) G" q  `! ypeople.
3 V( S4 f% \5 @1 w& a- M
( A9 V. B& J; Y4 m! ~5 ~B An organisation is only as good as the people it employs. Selecting the right person for the! h4 y9 Y/ Z  H2 G6 `
job involves more than identifying the essential or desirable range of skills, educational and8 M$ P4 S) ^' V
professional qualifications necessary to perform the job and then recruiting the candidate who is# F4 E* l4 |/ F/ w" h3 \. O$ R
most likely to possess these skills or at least is perceived to have the ability and predisposition to
5 ]5 C; ]6 E* ?) N9 B1 @; Hacquire them. This is a purely person/skills match approach to selection.
* x& s. ~$ u1 W( X* F
) o, E) }* p# w* C0 v& W% H, a% MC Work invariably takes place in the presence and/or under the direction of others, in a
3 m  O7 R6 E/ xparticular organisational setting. The individual has to "fit" in with the work environment, with
7 I3 R( J- R+ uother employees, with the organisational climate, style or work, organisation and culture of the- B" W7 C1 p7 H
organisation. Different organisations have different cultures (Cartwright & Cooper, 1991; 1992).
0 }0 Y6 @2 Z! h6 D0 @* E) ZWorking as an engineer at British Aerospace will not necessarily be a similar experience to
, i* F, x* X* U+ Nworking in the same capacity at GEC or Plessey.
, l/ `1 s8 g; n; x9 A& O
8 ?7 u3 k9 n8 S( PD Poor selection decisions are expensive. For example, the costs of training a policeman are
. {( V8 F8 ?3 i3 O0 k7 P7 {
+ \/ w  h6 P' F' [: j4 G0 D# kabout
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

楼主| 发表于 2012-8-14 20:40:04 | 显示全部楼层

历年雅思阅读真题精选二

F The future, we are told, is likely to be different. Detailed surveys of social and economic</p>trends in the European community show that Europe's population is falling and getting older, The5 `' @5 K& q1 J0 j8 e
birth rate in the Community is now only three-quarters of the level needed to ensure replacement
7 {. V* Q' V2 `0 sof the existing population. By the year 2020, it is predicted that more than one in four Europeans, V" S5 z9 \+ _; p
will be aged 60 or more and barely one in five will be under 20. In a five-year period between+ h5 C6 g4 D2 A9 n! {4 o, H9 W9 s& c0 h
1983 and 1988 the Community's female workforce grew by almost six million. As a result, 51% of" @. e! h* e, C, S1 }2 S5 c
all women aged 14 to 64 are now economically active in the labour market compared with 78% of
, t! K. A, ]: E/ n9 Vmen.
! j0 I2 Y: W4 e2 t
5 ^& ^) |' U& _* q+ x5 ~) jG The changing demographics will not only affect selection ratios. They will also make it
1 }* v3 Y! Z/ Xincreasingly important for organisations wishing to mainta in their competitive edge to be more; z  S9 N% ?$ V: w9 Y& D
responsive and accommodating to the changing needs of their workforce if they are to retain and
  g5 a0 Y( S8 H( f2 E, X+ b2 C, idevelop their human resources. More flexible working hours, the opportunity of work from home* I/ D1 q3 B, X# `: P2 `1 v
or job share, the provision of childcare facilities etc., will play a major role in attracting and3 A  r2 b1 _; s/ G0 a" s* H- y
retaining staff in the future.* b1 U8 d4 H6 k% V& o2 u  `
Questions 17-22
9 b1 j7 O) p+ Y: l6 D' h6 J) D' vDo the following statements agree with the views of the writer in Reading Passage 2?
) E6 _1 Q& I# rIn boxes 17-22 on your answer sheet write) o) S" i. K( T& K9 x
YES if the statement agrees with the writer* k' d4 D  h8 t: y
NO if the statement does not agree with the writer
8 V! }! r& z( D  A8 aNOT GIVEN if there is no information about this in the passage
; n- O: x( b) w) \2 P# Q7 h$ z17. Organisations should recognise that their employees are a significant part of their! ^% S6 V8 a. c; v8 o
financial assets.
$ D( J9 a) E8 l# C. z) `. U% P18. Open-structured 45 minute interviews are the best method to identify suitable employees.; [4 E: c0 a( i  v( U1 x% E* T. |
19. The rise in the female workforce in the European Community is a positive trend.
6 ~$ t0 C. g7 Q' r/ k20. Graphology is a good predictor of future fob performance.
1 B2 ]$ b8 j/ P21. In the future, the number of people in employable age groups will decline.
& E' q9 L. o2 _1 E8 p: A22. In 2020, the percentage of the population under 20 will be smaller than now.
* |/ P7 X2 v( E6 sQuestions 23-25
* {* `& k2 Z# g0 [Complete the notes below with words taken from Reading Passage 2. Use NO MORE THAN
# N6 a5 s; k8 F* I' uONE or TWO WORDS for each answer.+ r( V0 }4 m7 v4 `3 O
Write your answers in boxes 23-25 on your answer sh首页1 2  3 尾页
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 立即注册

本版积分规则

Archiver|手机版|小黑屋|Woexam.Com ( 湘ICP备18023104号 )

GMT+8, 2024-5-1 16:47 , Processed in 0.215845 second(s), 25 queries .