[复制链接]
发表于 2012-8-14 20:43:07 | 显示全部楼层 |阅读模式
2012年雅思阅读考试考前冲刺试题(22)6 S, g! d+ a) Y; B

! @' ]7 L0 h  P! K1 fHow a Frenchman is reviving McDonald’s in Europe1 2尾页
回复

使用道具 举报

楼主| 发表于 2012-8-14 20:43:08 | 显示全部楼层

2012年雅思阅读考试考前冲刺试题(22)

G. In his previous job Mr Hennequin established a “design studio” in France to spruce up his company’s drab restaurants and adapt the interior to local tastes. The studio is now masterminding improvements everywhere in Europe. He also set up a “food studio”, where cooks devise new recipes in response to local trends.</p>  H. Given France’s reputation as the most anti-American country in Europe, it seems odd that McDonald’s revival in Europe is being led by a Frenchman, using ideas cooked up in the French market. But France is in fact the company’s most profitable market after America. The market where McDonald’s is weakest in Europe is not France, but Britain.
! x$ K, d1 A- d  I. “Fixing Britain should be his priority,” says David Palmer, a restaurant analyst at UBS. Almost two-thirds of the 1,214 McDonald’s restaurants in Britain are company-owned, compared with 40% in Europe and 15% in America. The company suffers from the volatility of sales at its own restaurants, but can rely on steady income from franchisees. So it should sell as many underperforming outlets as possible, says Mr Palmer.
, U1 I) n9 I3 Z' L9 t4 q* k+ p/ h% a  J. M.Mark Wiltamuth, an analyst at Morgan Stanley, estimates that European company-owned restaurants’ margins will increase slightly to 16.4% in 2007. This is still less than in the late 1990s and below America’s 18-19% today. But it is much better than before Mr Hennequin’s reign. He is already being tipped as the first European candidate for the group’s top job in Illinois. Nobody would call that a McJob.
6 b7 S& o' q+ C1 r/ |首页1  2 尾页
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 立即注册

本版积分规则

Archiver|手机版|小黑屋|Woexam.Com ( 湘ICP备18023104号 )

GMT+8, 2024-5-7 18:40 , Processed in 0.254667 second(s), 23 queries .