立即注册

QQ登录

只需一步,快速开始

扫一扫,访问微社区

查看: 121|回复: 4

[雅思听力] 2011年100个雅思听力高频词汇

[复制链接]
发表于 2012-8-14 21:18:27 | 显示全部楼层 |阅读模式
1 a change of pace 节奏变换 You can’t do these chemistry experiments all day long. You certainly need a change of pace.
5 y  @+ B% k! Y& V& h0 k* N+ D    2 a far cry from 相距甚远 The published book is far cry from the early manuscript.6 A  v, @9 w# L. X4 S; u3 h" A
    3 and how 的确 A: She’s a good dancer. B: and how.
+ n6 t6 y  `# t% ?  U, e    4 a matter of time 时间问题 It is only a matter of time.
3 T6 d  j8 C0 x; |( G1 v    5 a phone call away 一个电话之远,愿意过来帮忙。 If you need my help, do let me know. Just remember I am a phone call away.0 V4 f7 g/ D9 W: D' N
    6 a while back 不久以前
; @2 G- l) j5 d9 ]2 H5 I& Z    7 all along 一直 I knew it all along.
2 C( o$ f: L5 `    8 anything but 绝对不 I was anything but happy about going.
6 j) t$ p9 a+ D9 p: w    9 account for 解释 How do you account for it?
3 p) t$ h) ^9 ~8 B  X+ `    10 after all 到底, z, Q) x% o/ U  U$ z% T+ j
    A: I’ve just seen the X-rays and your teeth look just fine,$ P: F( _: V' W% f  ~9 _
    B: I see. Then there is nothing to worry about after all./ F- n1 u: ]$ u- r
    11 allergic to 对|……过敏 Oh man! Something in this room is making my eyes itch. I must be allergic to something.
' T/ x: x$ ~( z& X0 O, a0 G4 N    12 at sb’s service 愿为某人服务 I am at your service at any time.! J8 |9 o9 q2 ?2 M  X
    13 around the clock 24小时不停 Martha studied around the clock for management exam.
' _( Z  L* s2 F    14 as far as I know 就我所知
' l5 P* r# n% [! D' f# f" M    15 at home with 对…..很熟悉 She is at home with problems like this.
% _% x- q) q0 g- t/ L. |3 M* U$ J: ]    16 back out
; o7 t' K6 Z( X( j    1) 退出; d2 X* ]9 H0 q. x0 C) b
    A: Wasn’t Bert supposed to sing tonight?' w! y# V/ k; q( @1 ^3 |. \
    B: Yes, but he backed out at last minute. k' l" S% l, x0 l3 k( I% Q; a$ x
    2)不履行 She finally backed out of her promise.
3 c  _) u4 h0 p) ^: ^0 F    17 be cut out for 天生适合 I’m not cut out to be a hero.
4 D4 O2 y/ m  Z+ W0 X4 m    18 be absorbed in She has been absorbed in a horror fiction. I can’t tear her away.% H# ^  Z6 G: S5 K5 r4 A( ]
    19 be addicted to 对……上瘾 She has been addicted to drugs for years.
- h7 v2 I: D. o6 a) I3 v
0 O3 C& i% N& f- p    20 be attached to 对……有感情! J3 j! M9 B; r8 u
    A: I’m amazed that you are still driving that old car of yours. I thought you would have gotten rid of it years ago.4 r2 U$ G$ B8 h" @$ a
    B: It runs well and I’ve actually been quite attached to it.首页 1 2 3 4 5尾页
回复

使用道具 举报

楼主| 发表于 2012-8-14 21:18:28 | 显示全部楼层

2011年100个雅思听力高频词汇

</p>    21 back up$ G8 u- V( P& e( d/ W. x* E
    1)累积 The subway is running behind schedule, and traffic is backed up for blocks. I don’t know if we’ll make the 6:30 show.
  q0 A  S+ C1 W2 o7 C, g    2)支持 I’ll back it up.
/ h9 d5 r9 G4 q/ q& F$ I0 O    22 be bound for 到……地方 The bus is bound for New England.
8 R" ]8 Y  n  |4 ^& x- Q    23 be (feel) myself 找到自我 I’m feeling myself again.
1 D" R. ]! v& ?+ e! W" U4 ]* b$ s, X    24 be burned up 生气 She was really burned up at the news.
8 I0 L5 A: ~1 R& C    25 be hard up for I’m hard up for clothes, but I have a lot of books.1 h- ]1 v; w1 ]/ Q+ Z- r7 c: _+ p
    26 be head and shoulders above 好许多 In calculus, Joe is head and shoulders above his classmates." c" J* m1 K  D: o- H
    27 be in the dark 蒙在鼓里
+ g) Z2 }( R- r; Y    A: Do you have any idea what his notice is about?
" c- o7 e. T# n5 A. y) N; Y    B: I’m as in the dark as you are.
* e+ I; z* B6 _# x9 S    28 be stuck 卡住了 I can’t get this window open. It’s stuck.
' u; {0 C* g2 p2 m5 N7 m2 E1 s    29 bite off more than one can chew. 贪多嚼不烂
. c8 a- [/ t" t% t    A: I hear you’re taking an advanced physics course this semester.
3 m. s& ^) D2 y4 E( ]+ |    B: I think I’ve bitten off more than I can chew.1 g+ T3 C$ B8 c& L0 y
    30 break new ground 有了新的突破 His architectural design broke new ground in the field.
6 ~2 c3 A- w/ j: D+ t$ q2 j    31 benefit concert 慈善音乐会 We need to let everyone know about the benefit concert, but we don’t have much money for advertising.! {' x+ d# @+ j/ W+ w
    32 busy signal 占线 I’ve been calling David for the past half hour, but I keep getting a busy signal.: S6 O# c6 P9 Q2 _- H
    33 between you and me 你我之间,保密# e  C0 y: g' D9 I
    34 call for( o& v: o6 g1 Q! `
    A 打电话找 Tom just called for you.
- m: Z$ T+ ?) P4 k    B 预报 The forecast calls for heavy rain again tonight. Aren’t you glad we’ll be getting away from this for a week?+ w1 H8 R  j0 ^! B
    C 问 It’s probably in the new part of town. We’ll have to call for directions.4 p* `0 R9 ^7 y: F2 g% p

$ P" X+ v/ J& k' X9 ?6 i$ b! }- u    35 call it a day 就此结束
, p9 @+ {& {5 s, c& x    A: I’m really glad our club decides to raise money for the children’s hospital, and most of the people we’ve phoned seemed happy to contribute.
% N3 @! J1 h) h: A& _    B: Yeah, I agree. Now we’ve gone through all the numbers on our list now, so I guess we can call it a day.
0 d& N; S+ T4 }/ N    36 cash the check 兑现支票 Have your sister cashed her paycheck?0 S4 a) c' P2 K( r6 j! Y2 B
    37 clear off 收拾,整理 It’s about time we clear off the desk.
1 q# B' F& P0 v4 B  e, l9 [5 E+ D8 G    38 come down (雨,雪)下起来 The heavy rain is coming down, now.: t8 Y2 ]& S2 D% M
    39 come in first in the race 比赛第一名 Not only did Jill come in first in the race but she also had her best running time of the season.
# c% N1 [- c9 D$ n; r' K; d7 V* L6 M% s. d
    40 come what may 不管怎样 We’ll pick you up tomorrow at eight, come what may.首页1  2 3 4 5尾页
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

楼主| 发表于 2012-8-14 21:18:29 | 显示全部楼层

2011年100个雅思听力高频词汇

41 cost somebody an arm and a leg A: Did you see the diamond ring Bill gave to Linda? B: I sure did. It must have cost him an arm and a leg.</p>    42 cut it out 闭嘴 I told you to cut it out.& i6 a7 e7 D* i
    43 be cut out for 生来时做……的 Dr. Hamilton doesn’t feel Larry is cut out for the medical profession.0 r) |: C/ d7 v5 e0 Z
    44 department chair 系主任 I didn’t write that memo to the department chair.' x$ j& K& h& w
    45 dirt cheap 非常便宜 A: You’ve already furnished your apartment? B: I’ve found some used furniture that was dirt cheap.
* D8 Y: F: W9 L* c! N5 V+ j5 ]' M0 F    46 do with 用…..凑合; do without 没有……也行 You can do with your girlfriend. You can do without your girlfriend6 `; U/ R& R* P' C, z
    47 dog tired 特别累,同义:run down; worn out; out of steam I’m dog tired these days. I’m working on seven articles.4 I: [2 h' `6 k3 T
    48 down jacket 羽绒服
) A" @/ x" E/ G* R( X. L6 q' g    49 drive somebody up the wall 让某人发疯;同义:drive somebody out of one’s mind The sound of all that raffic is driving me out of my mind.' l+ S: k( ?6 A) e
    50 fall back on 依赖0 ~, Z( C$ b. _% g+ P& u
    A: Were you able to understand that French novel without any help from the teacher?7 Y( X+ M8 ?/ s
    B: I did pretty well, but I had to fall back on my dictionary occasionally.
1 V0 z. c. a2 ]( B% N( J    51 fill a prescription 按处方抓药 Would you please fill this prescription for me?
% j' `) L1 ]9 I$ Z, o    52 fill in for 代替; 同义:fill one’s place(position, shoes); take the place of; take over Say, Dave, can you fill in for me tonight at the restaurant? I’d like to go out of town.
) Q8 E' [9 `3 ~    53 food for thought 令人思考的东西;同义:thought-provoking There is a lot food for thought in what he had to say.
; a# W4 B8 o6 ?5 h% A* x+ g' ^    54 for nothing 免费 To pay to see that movie would be foolish, when you can see it on TV for nothing.. D1 z, j$ Q) }* f3 u+ m* n
    55 from top to bottom 从上到下# S7 {" |0 Y9 Q. R6 ~
    A: Maybe you lost your wallet in this room.
5 \5 z! ~! }6 M. d: W/ ^7 B    B: I’ve searched it from top to bottom..
+ W: C: Y) Y* j' |3 O9 y$ c! U& g    56 get of on the wrong foot 开始事情就做错了 I got off on the wrong foot, and I don’t have any idea which way to turn now.
: J/ r/ ^- a1 S/ ^- i( p" g0 Z    57 get a lot out of something 从……学到很多 The training program was difficult, but she got a lot out of it.
/ o6 H: Q6 C6 a  W    58 get at 想说 Do you understand what I’m getting at?" Z( D% T% C. x" B: W6 U% C& `
    59 get away with 对…..摆脱惩罚 A: Did you know that Bob is leaving for home tonight? He isn’t planning to take his final exams. B: He can’t get away with that: [  ~$ G- [1 k; z

& N' j+ Y$ t& `1 L3 T- w    60 get going 赶紧行动; 同义:get moving( h7 G6 `* J, l
    A: It looks like we won’t have enough time to do all we wanted to.% x) Y, N' n& b$ [+ T' K" m
    B: Who says we won’t? let’s get going.首页1 2  3 4 5尾页
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

楼主| 发表于 2012-8-14 21:18:30 | 显示全部楼层

2011年100个雅思听力高频词汇

</p>    61 get on one’s nerve 招惹某人神经了1 L/ [& ]& M% o* N: d0 H( O! x" ]
    A: Why did you come to the meeting late? I left a message with your roommate about the time change.
' w. n, N9 T3 L$ v# U8 _! _    B: She has a very short memory and it really gets on my nerve sometimes.
% \5 ]. A: P  D5 ^; v& K    62 get started on 开始做 We should get started on the project.
0 I0 h: _& r" q7 r  E    63 get time off from work 从工作中抽时间 Oh, so she was able to get time off from the work.
0 L1 v6 L6 Q- p6 `$ m) L3 C& n    64 give credibility to 相信% v: ~# L8 `. T' S3 {' J
    A: did you hear about Jim?
3 J6 D7 o: ]2 o! `0 J$ k    B: I wouldn’t give that rumor any credibility.
/ n6 {" C% i1 V' e    65 go easy on 温和对待 Well, since it’s your first and only ticket, the judge will probably go easy on you.: d. s/ m$ O3 y9 c6 d* {2 s& A
    66 go in one ear and out the other 一耳朵进,一耳朵出 Well, you know Mike, everything’s in one ear and out the other.; g, d9 x. u5 T; o) i7 D& Q6 |1 Z
    67 go jogging 去跑步 Are you ready to go jogging?
( q# {: C' O, M    68 go to one’s head 某人自负
" e, o: A( n1 _& W& x6 j" i+ j    A: Have you noticed how John’s changed since he became student government president?/ x9 j# M4 Y. w
    B: I think the whole thing has gone to his head, and he used to be so sociable and open.& m' s! p8 p" g) e* ~8 o9 T( x; W& l
    69 got the time 几点了+ F4 s& O* c" u7 ~
    A: Got the time?
0 E" l, l! W$ m# U4 l7 I, x3 x) i$ }    B: It’s a little after ten.
, H6 {: L3 c: M; L+ N/ J$ X" s7 ~    70 graduation announcements 毕业典礼请柬 Have you ordered your graduation announcements?) C! X+ }- c7 V  \6 a
    71 graon about 抱怨 How come Michael’s always groaning about something?
6 C. [+ a- ~! k( t8 _    72 guest lecturer 客座教授 The only person who understood the guest lecturer was the professor.$ D5 d5 w; F' V3 b1 ]3 o
    73 hand-me-down 送的东西
% G2 Q+ d1 w# r    A: What a gorgeous jacket. It must have cost a fortune.- W# r' w+ W# D% E
    B: Not at all. It’s a hand-me-down.
" @1 V  r  {4 D/ e5 m) F    74 hand down 易如反掌 Lee won the chess match hands down.
$ H- p% J6 c. d    75 have a way with 擅长 Bonnie really has a way with words.
4 o4 a! z* O, v* P" n    76 have had it with 处于 I’ve had it with being sick in bed. I’ve read most of these magazines twice.* M* [% ]2 r5 U
    77 head and shoulders above 高出许多 In computer programming, Susan is head and shoulders above the rest of us.
$ R1 [, p; A5 B3 C1 |& H: P% ]5 F/ I    78 hit the spots 特别好 This lemonade sure hits the spots.+ n: {1 F9 T% t& @+ g
    79 hold the grudge 记仇5 g( z4 q- {- S! C& s$ H! x. T7 g
    A: I wish I hadn’t hurt Mary’s feelings like that. You know I never meant to.7 ]. ]9 u# I, c$ z) L/ l! ~
    B: The great thing about Mary is that she doesn’t hold the grudge.
/ c+ s: j$ a" Q: k5 D
! N) ^6 F. @) Q) `9 G0 E    80 I have no idea which way to turn 我不知道该怎么办首页1 2 3  4 5尾页
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

楼主| 发表于 2012-8-14 21:18:31 | 显示全部楼层

2011年100个雅思听力高频词汇

</p>    81 I have seen worse 我见过更糟的7 V8 N3 g6 m) r& d
    82 in advance 提前;同义:before hand, ahead of time It’s a really nice apartment. But the owners want two-month rent in advance and I just don ’t have it.. p- d" f. j3 h, _
    83 in case 万一 Let’s take our suits along in case the sun comes out.
4 b/ G! x3 f. B/ N7 i! t, _) G% R    84 in next to no time 马上 A: Are you going to be using the copying machine long? B: I’ll be through in next to no time.3 k/ v" ?2 m5 e0 p3 G' d& s1 K
    85 in the red 赤字 反义:in the black8 C6 h' L* \) ]7 _
    86 in the works 正在准备阶段 An advanced course in theoretical chemistry is the works.
8 ~9 l4 e$ q- i/ B: a) z- N& F    87 keep to oneself I’m amazed that you still haven’t gotten to know your neighbors.
; N' x' e5 i: }! B5 M    88 kill time 浪费时间 Gosh, what can we do to kill the next 10 hours?8 u: t, G0 r9 |- g7 @1 ^; s! T
    89 leave…up to somebody We’ll have to leave the decision up to him.
- C/ U' C3 N6 @% ~    90 letter of recommendation 推荐信;letter of reference 推荐信
* j2 K6 i6 {+ ?) Q2 d    91 look on the bright sides of things 看事物的光明面
! @( z3 f& G) H0 P" A' E3 s: q    92 no kidding 不是开玩笑吧" _4 {' j5 |. O1 R$ T7 |
    93 on the tip of one’s tongue 就在舌尖* }, Y/ E' U5 i" K# ^8 v
     A: Are you sure you can’t remember the name of that record?
+ r4 w8 n" i# {  u     B: It’s just on the tip of my tongue!: `. ?7 Y% v0 i4 i& J+ d' d
    94 quitting time 下课时间 I’m glad it’s almost quitting time./ I- h5 Q; ~4 W; r9 K. p( q: ^
    95 take it over 重修 Don failed physics and had to take it over.
: t6 u. I! B" ]0 h; m$ C    96 than necessary 比应该的要冷 The lab was cooler than necessary.
/ _$ {. A4 v2 `9 [8 b* p    97 That’s easer said than done. 说来容易做来难
. @& C6 F$ J: Z4 b1 m3 ?( H    98 There is nothing to it. 没什么,很容易 I can run this projector. There’s really nothing to it., e1 N( ^2 v6 o, P: @# {
    99 with flying colors 成功
1 t  p8 y6 z7 E    A: How did Ellen do on her American History exam?
5 Y# K! d8 g& h- R    B: She passed with flying colors.& j1 @; W4 v& M( q8 r4 M  {
    ; E$ D) _3 U9 E, c
    100 You can bet your life 当然0 o9 |* h3 [: c5 E
    A: Will Prof. Smith come to class on time?0 M* b/ p; V$ `$ N  j1 o: [+ s
    B: You can bet your life.
. ]" F" R( p( K6 u首页1 2 3 4  5 尾页
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 立即注册

本版积分规则

Archiver|手机版|小黑屋|Woexam.Com ( 湘ICP备18023104号 )

GMT+8, 2024-5-20 09:50 , Processed in 0.269292 second(s), 29 queries .