[雅思口语] 雅思口语范文:Alongjourney

[复制链接]
发表于 2012-8-14 21:27:43 | 显示全部楼层 |阅读模式
 Describe a long journey you enjoyed.  
' w9 G9 O" l1 [$ o2 }7 v, o# {7 u  You should say
4 B0 f1 F! }/ N9 l  x; U  where you went& y, H. J9 h  Z' g4 \$ c
  when and why you went there0 r- O: q4 ]. b5 ^! u) p
  what landscapes you saw
; b/ n* s1 r4 q* V, l9 u9 _( W  and explain why this was such an unforgettable trip.
4 \- a2 N) h7 q  ^ 1 H* x0 v6 y5 x  c( s5 o, J
  One journey I went on that was very long indeed was my trip around Europe last summer, travelling by train.& [- Y2 d* X! U! {- A

# C" X0 e- z3 I$ \1 K$ p  F  I went for a whole month, going all around Europe from my home country of England east until I got to Eastern Europe, and then back in a loop to Italy. I went so I could see the rich history and culture of the continent, which was practically on my doorstep. I felt it was high time I embarked on a long trip to experience some more of the world and its people." t" k* O! p/ p8 f" l
' C0 n1 \( {+ e7 C8 @3 w
  Travelling by train I kept myself occupied by looking out of the window at the landscapes as they flashed by. The countryside was mostly fields, but once I got to the Alps then it became beautiful. There were towering cliffs of rocks with fast-flowing rivers cutting between valley walls. I could even see a castle on one of the hillsides. Each city I visited brought a new style of architecture and type of person on the street. I saw medieval cottages, baroque cathedrals and shabby, modern apartment blocks. The landscape varied with each country I came to.
) U  V9 a; ]3 N& R
6 s) g( V! {! V  I’ll never forget this trip because it was the first time I was travelling without a home base. I went with a good friend and we spent a lot of time together. We had memorable conversations on the long train journeys about live, society, religion... all very deep stuff. I also had the chance to see some of the world’s most famous sights like the Eiffel Tower and the Dom cathedral in Cologne. It was fascinating waking up on a moving train knowing that the next stop I got off at was going to present me with a whole new country with many surprises. It was a unique experience.* g0 F, q4 Q; v. N# [
. L) O& x' G$ c0 E1 u0 k3 S2 ^1 Q. O8 P
  Lexical resource 词汇5 @4 ~/ ~0 b2 i% I) \! d
9 j# Q' ^% f: t4 o" ^; _* a% k; [
  all around: 到处( @8 Y$ m3 f9 n: B
  in a loop: 绕一圈8 v% R* q6 e' T) A3 A
  continent: 洲
$ J4 V" k2 T! {" f) |/ K  doorstep: 门口
- @: c2 N8 x& ~8 M' T) J+ |  embarked: 进行1 `& {) G3 F* H, t/ I
  occupied: 被占据
( u: s  f$ g  \, {7 u8 n; i( E! Q  flashed by: 飞过! L9 r- l$ [" v( g, G: ~
  the Alps: 阿尔卑斯山脉( p! X& b- a  H' c! n
  towering cliffs: 高耸的悬崖
. ]- ?8 F8 M% ~, J  fast-flowing rivers: 急流的河% o  h7 W, g) X4 J1 \) z0 C
  hillsides: 山腰4 e2 }( s: q' I0 B3 I
  style of architecture: 建筑风格1 p. B+ S7 D5 B1 l( {1 ]
  medieval cottages: 中世纪风格的小屋
/ [. g2 L+ z8 u  h$ Q  baroque cathedrals: 巴洛克风格的教堂
- }! Q( r1 V6 Z+ Z% E, @* G  home base: 本垒 大本营0 H* c9 J9 Z7 e& d3 J0 {8 O6 Q
  Eiffel Tower: 柏林大教堂; G" a( K6 x( D$ t% d
  fascinating: 迷人的+ K/ T& L2 Y  W$ b
  unique: 奇特的
回复

使用道具 举报

您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 立即注册

本版积分规则

Archiver|手机版|小黑屋|Woexam.Com ( 湘ICP备18023104号 )

GMT+8, 2024-5-17 20:05 , Processed in 0.229663 second(s), 21 queries .