立即注册

QQ登录

只需一步,快速开始

扫一扫,访问微社区

查看: 66|回复: 0

[雅思阅读] 2011雅思阅读提高练习题三

[复制链接]
发表于 2012-8-14 21:46:11 | 显示全部楼层 |阅读模式
Here’s an unusual story:a diamond ring was recently found in an egg.The magician,Liu Qian,discovered it,in front of an audience of millions at CCTV’s Spring Festival Gala.Liu’s magic tricks have made the centuries-old art of magic fashionable once again,and made him the hottest magician in China.+ v# F+ G$ S6 s. A
As a seasoned young magician from Taiwan,Liu is popular worldwide for his magic shows.Countries he has performed in include the United States,Japan,South Korea and the UK. " l8 N, V0 |7 j5 T
Witnessing something impossible happen right before your eyes is the root of people’s love for magic.
& f8 d0 o% \8 XLiu is known for his interaction with his audiences.He has a unique understanding of showmanship. “It’s actually thinking rather than one’s manipulation skills,that is more important to achieving a successful magic show.I think carefully about how to design the shows creatively,to make them appear more interesting,” Liu said .4 b' J) h/ t7 Q4 ]( j% T
Liu Qian’s success dated back to his childhood.Born in 1976 in Taiwan,he found himself attracted to a magic toy in a shop when he was seven years old.At the age of 12,he won Taiwan’s Youth Magic Contest,which was judged by the great American magician,David Copperfield.
& u; x' @* p4 E$ ~Yet,Liu never planned on becoming a professional magician.He studied Japanese literature at university and only hoped to be an amateur magician in his spare time.However,his failure to find a proper job after graduation pushed him towards magic as a career.
. {$ a! u' f. p7 B1 aTo refine his performing skills,he has performed on streets,roads and fields,for passers-by,policemen and farmers. “Street shows are the biggest challenge for us magicians.We have to deal with unexpected situations and tough crowds, ” Liu said.
6 G3 y6 l, @7 U; ]- I8 M+ u1.The story is about________________.) d; U1 y+ q( M9 S9 G/ O+ g
A.how Liu Qian became China’s hottest magician & F9 L- l$ E$ S4 _1 m
B.why people love magic    C.what magic tricks are    D.how fashionable magic is
& s6 N8 [1 a# W6 C2 r. g+ j2.Which of the following is the key reason that Liu Qian decided to make magic his career? , Y- V! `& F8 }
A.He was interested in magic when he was little - G5 w3 l0 r" W9 r' |1 d! G; A  ]
B.He had won Taiwan’s Youth Magic Contest.
% `9 ?0 ^3 c/ A" RC.He became all amateur magician in his spare time. ' V  |" h/ h  F2 a3 M+ A% n
D.He couldn’t find an acceptable job after graduation. $ r) r- ]" j1 F0 D- i* \# `! j
3.From the story we know that_______________. ; N5 s; ^1 v6 l/ w- H( }8 G2 Q$ h
A.Liu Qian competed in many magic competitions & u  Q$ s1 o& ?$ r: R& o  n! r
B.Liu Qian often invites audiences to be in his magic show " {* {5 L7 C" S, s0 b! E! S
C.Liu Qian performs on streets in order to increase his fame
) z* i$ o/ L, ^, u6 Z7 N0 hD.Liu Qian does street show to make money   ~3 ]: R: {& k! v, H9 r) q7 X
4. What does the word “seasoned” in Paragraph 2 mean?
, D. y3 n4 O+ [- ~: r# n, a6 IA.季节性的    B.刚出道的       C.老练的  D.职业的
, E, ^$ X/ |/ T% I& z) A6 z/ g5. Choose the best answer, Witnessing:' w) X6 X" f- g
A. see sth         B. hear sth        C. do sth      D. smell sth) {9 b6 X2 G& K8 K
6. Choose the best answer, amateur:; p4 \' L9 K6 m2 `7 x9 j
A. 专业的       B. 业余的         C. 艺术的     D. 文学的
" z7 Q& A6 y3 |% L/ u" t" T, b7. Choose the best answer, refine:7 p" Y8 O; e/ r/ }: u
A. make sth worse   B. increase the value   C. to improve       D. none of the above
% }( [# I: d; a: l, h: BADBCABC
回复

使用道具 举报

您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 立即注册

本版积分规则

Archiver|手机版|小黑屋|Woexam.Com ( 湘ICP备18023104号 )

GMT+8, 2024-5-24 04:01 , Processed in 0.314061 second(s), 21 queries .