只需一步,快速开始

扫一扫,访问微社区

查看: 138|回复: 1

[雅思阅读] 雅思阅读:模拟试题实战训练14

[复制链接]
发表于 2012-8-14 21:46:11 | 显示全部楼层 |阅读模式
Study Finds Web Antifraud Measure Ineffective
: y: _7 A* _3 Z  Published:February 5,2007 New York Times
2 s) J4 G; A+ l( V  1.Internet security experts have long known that simple passwords do not fully defend online bank accounts from determined fraud artists.Now a study suggests that a popular secondary security measure provides little additional protection.
- k( `/ Q9 b# _  2.The study,produced jointly by researchers at Harvard and the Massachusetts Institute of Technology,looked at a technology called site-authentication images.In the system,currently used by financial institutions like Bank of America,ING Direct and Vanguard,online banking customers are asked to select an image,like a dog or chess piece,that they will see every time they log in to their account. 1 2尾页
回复

使用道具 举报

楼主| 发表于 2012-8-14 21:46:12 | 显示全部楼层

雅思阅读:模拟试题实战训练14

Questions 1-5 ) R9 k, z  A* Y* j# Z
  Do the following statements agree with the information given in the passage? Please write ( J* s* g% [& ~+ f2 P
  TRUE if the statement agrees with the writer
6 N% V5 ~, K4 q* s, U  FALSE if the statement does not agree with the writer 9 m* Z5 _2 n6 B# q
  NOT GIVEN if there is no information about this in the passage ) \: o% g1 ], u* U% U' c6 W
  1.According to internet security experts, secondary security measures provide little additional protection against fraud.
0 ?! R1 ]- }9 b& J- {  2.In the Harvard and MIT study, two subjects didn’t log on without seeing the correct pictures. $ r. Y; j7 T$ t& Y
  3.According to Schechter, more than 90% of online banking customers studied logged on without seeing the right pictures. 5 f. u" j) H/ a. D+ f
  4.The image system is the only security measure that the banks mentioned in the passage have currently. , d; m$ N4 a6 |. y1 ^' i6 [
  5.Bank of America is the first bank that adopted the image system.
8 n& F. z0 N, {3 j# g5 C  Questions 6-13
7 f9 K* s; F& H$ w, B1 V  Answer the following questions or complete the following sentences by choosing NO MORE THAN THREE WORDS for each answer.
! T( f; I; x& m/ d& x; k! {( w  6.What is ING Direct and Vanguard? * D# M3 r; Z  W' O" i
  7.What might online banking customers be cheated to give at a fraudulent Web site?
4 Q1 ^2 B# d5 j. N& l6 Z  8.What may stop online banking customers from using new verification methods? , u) Q; {# s, h( |/ {/ z
  9.The key to online banking security is to verify the ______ of customers. 8 c) k, P& I& q, y. z/ l- t; n7 j
  10.Where is PassMark Security located?
; p2 n0 L, g% Z6 _, O% U. S' D  11.What is the reason why SiteKey is popular among online banking customers?
( r6 g8 X+ A! \& L$ v  12.What was used instead of images in the Harvard and M.I.T. study? ( h, q5 Z, ~5 E* h* F3 M( f- B8 Z
  13.How many security methods are mentioned in this passage?   P0 m+ V/ d" r7 ], N
  Answer keys
, b  t' @6 x* V; P  1. 第一段“Now a study suggests that a popular secondary security measure provides little additional protection.”似与问题文字很接近,但是原文中a popular secondary security measure是指特定的一个措施,而非泛指所有secondary security measure。原文没有其它secondary security measure安全有效性的内容。故应选择NG。
" S; n4 Y3 |9 @  2. 见第4、5段内容。第四段 “But the researchers had secretly withdrawn the images.”即研究人员撤下了图形,第五段“Only two chose not to log on, citing security concerns.”,有两个人因为安全考虑未进入。 / ]" B& l9 f3 K4 p7 h, s/ m+ v7 |! D
  3. T 见第6段。 ( y+ g. O. ^: ]* [  B4 ~( j  H
  4. F 见第11、14段。 * \* t8 X1 w0 g' \. t2 \/ x
  5. F 见第11段“Bank of America was among the first to adopt it”,可见首批采用图形识别软件的银行并非Bank of America一家。 # n) z  g- n0 K- T- B
  6. A financial institution 见第二段。 0 r, l5 x: T5 o6 x; }  B) o7 ?8 p
  7. (their) passwords 见第三段。
/ o8 v6 k% j; T7 R8 n* d' V  8. less convenience 见第十段。
) r, I- p3 h7 L; B  9. identity 见第八、十段。 1  2 尾页
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 立即注册

本版积分规则

Archiver|手机版|小黑屋|Woexam.Com ( 湘ICP备18023104号 )

GMT+8, 2024-5-19 02:13 , Processed in 0.192089 second(s), 23 queries .