立即注册

QQ登录

只需一步,快速开始

扫一扫,访问微社区

查看: 125|回复: 0

[雅思写作] 雅思写作辅导:Young drug abuse

[复制链接]
发表于 2012-8-14 21:56:24 | 显示全部楼层 |阅读模式
Various clinical reports have consistently pointed to the fast-rising incidence of drug and alcohol abuse among the youth. Young drug abuse is becoming a serious problem in many countries. It leads to numerous consequences at the health, economic, social and legal level. Apart from its economic cost, young drug abuse lead to juvenile delinquency, family dysfunction, social impairment, as well as psychological problems of youth. In addition, because of abusing drugs, many people become victims of violence, are injured, or engage in risky, unplanned sex. $ w! w. k- O: i( I" T1 z' m. P' {
Drugs like opium, marijuana, heroin, Alcohol, Tobacco are the commonly misused drugs and addictive substances. Generally, when most people talk about substance abuse, they are referring to the use of illegal drugs.
, o9 B' S8 R. P9 bThanks to the inadequate control and easy availability of various addictive substances in every nook and corner of the state has made the situation worse. Alcohol is our most pervasive drug. Teens have access to it at parties, can obtain it from older friends who are of legal age to buy it, or may simply raid their parents’ liquor cabinets. Like alcohol, tobacco is legally available; Cigarette smoking is also highly addictive. - i: n/ B- N$ @2 q
The media has played an avoidable role in encouraging the use of alcohol among the youth and even teenagers as celebrating various occasions with beer and champagne. Smoking continues to be glamorized by the film industry. A University of California at San Francisco survey of top money-making films between the years 1991 and 1996 found that 80 percent of the leading men portrayed characters who smoked.
1 [" _5 l. `' Z& p, P& @Moreover, unlike drug use, the moderate use of alcohol is considered perfectly acceptable in most adult social circles. Parental acceptance of moderate to heavy use, however, may send the message that alcohol use has little inherent danger. Many view cigarettes and "recreational" drugs as harmless
; i0 u% }$ L  p- _  R. ~Visiting disco or rave party has given a boost to the problem. Drug abuse has assumed an alarming proportion in youth. Young people in poor conditions seem to be the most exposed population group to drug abuse, especially drop-outs and street kids. Drug availability and peer pressure also increase the likelihood that a youth will begin this self-destructive course.
/ L% P3 T& @3 L' tThere are mainly five basic reasons why young ones might be drawn to drugs:(1) They want to feel grown-up and make their own decisions(2) They want to fit in(3) They want to relax and feel good(4) They want to take risks and rebel (5) They want to satisfy their curiosity
  ~" w6 m: W3 oIt is heartening to note that many social and religious institutions have taken a serious note of the problem of drug addiction and sincere efforts are being made by many individuals and organization For my part, I think the preventive action is to raising awareness campaigns for the media, the general public, high-school and university, health professionals and the parents. parents should help through early education about drugs, open communication, good role modeling, and early recognition if problems are developing. Government should fund this kind of parental support, such as the Treatment programmes and Rehabilitation programmes because it is no longer a problem for individual families, but for society as a whole.
回复

使用道具 举报

您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 立即注册

本版积分规则

Archiver|手机版|小黑屋|Woexam.Com ( 湘ICP备18023104号 )

GMT+8, 2024-5-4 21:45 , Processed in 0.213502 second(s), 21 queries .