QQ登录

只需一步,快速开始

扫一扫,访问微社区

查看: 127|回复: 0

[雅思写作] 写作范文:老人重要还是儿童更重要

[复制链接]
发表于 2012-8-14 21:56:24 | 显示全部楼层 |阅读模式
写作范文:老人重要还是儿童更重要
) r$ J) y- B/ T2 u- s7 n6 L7 x2 X& aIn this essay. I shall explain why I think we that should value old age and youth, without suggesting that one is better than the other.www.examw.com% \8 C. d/ T: c0 a) ~% y
I feel that we should celebrate the fact that so many people make it to old age. In the past, thanks to war. disease and the dangers of childbirth, most people were not so fortunate. Particularly in Western societies, a large (and growing) proportion of the population is past the age of retirement and most of those people are enjoying life. Many have saved enough money to live well and travel around the world or to play golf or to do whatever it is that they enjoy. They value the time they have and want to make the most of it. Simultaneously, societies around the world value the elderly for the experience and knowledge that they have gained over the years.
) ~, I9 Y. P: q( t  q3 N0 O$ f- VAt the same time, cultures and individuals around the world value youth. Some people value it so much that they are prepared to spend plenty of money on maintaining a youthful look, through the use of make-up and plastic surgery. Youth is often seen as a time to be dynamic and fun, developing new ideas and trying things dilTerently. This can be very useful to an economy. Would China have been able to develop so quickly in recent decades without a large supply of young people ready to take their chances in Shenzhen or Shanghai?
7 {- n# n5 L* j# c% dThese are the main reasons why I think that it is a mistake to value either old age or youth and not the other. Of course, most people w ill value one more than the other, possibly depending on their age. However, as a culture - as a society - we should value both.
回复

使用道具 举报

您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 立即注册

本版积分规则

Archiver|手机版|小黑屋|Woexam.Com ( 湘ICP备18023104号 )

GMT+8, 2024-4-30 12:56 , Processed in 0.210914 second(s), 21 queries .