立即注册

QQ登录

只需一步,快速开始

扫一扫,访问微社区

查看: 134|回复: 1

[名师指导] 新托福考试阅读新老题型大起底

[复制链接]
发表于 2012-8-14 22:29:13 | 显示全部楼层 |阅读模式
 新托福阅读考试中偶尔会出现的“新题型”往往会令许多考生感到茫然和恐慌,不过新托福考试名师认为大家对“新题型”完全没必要害怕,下面名师就将给我们详细分析新托福阅读考试OG中没出现的各种“新题型”。   其实这些新题型并不是进入2009年,2010年以或者是2011年新出现的题型。这些题型其实是新托福考试自从诞生之日起,就已经出现了的题型,但是由于ETS的官方指南一直没有将这部分题型列入其中,因此是等到“新托福突破口——TPO”出现之后,才慢慢被人们知晓的,在这之前,只有传言,但是都是捕风捉影。话不多说,妙文开始!2 q! t" J+ }( _, E
  新托福考试OG列出了阅读的10种题型:
6 r% K! U2 F. X" x/ Z4 n5 N  1. Factual information questions (纯粹细节)+ X6 c- c" L# _, T# a: t8 M
  2. Negative factual information questions (否定细节)
9 T" L9 V/ [1 c4 i) i  3. Inference questions (推理题)' |7 \! z& o' M1 }
  4. Rhetorical purpose questions (修辞目的题)! B8 {6 g% S" R# Y  _( Q( u5 x* u
  5. Vocabulary questions (词汇题)6 p: m5 y8 u7 @: t! t0 G
  6. Reference questions (指代题)
" t2 E7 X- z7 i) S1 o; y  7. Sentence simplification questions (句子简化题)
7 W: `9 D; P; N9 a  8. Insert text question (句子插入题)& K( F4 u( G4 W7 F( C- j
  9. Prose summary (内容摘要题)
. W; @  J* H/ a$ w& ~6 j* K/ s1 O  10. Fill in a table (表格归类题)' N( ^  U7 F4 F9 V/ M. j6 x4 P
  但实际上,新托福考试阅读当中还考了一些OG中没列举出来的题目:
+ z& q/ N, ^9 c. L8 W' v8 V+ i+ D, y  一.段间关系概括题:这种题目要求考生概括出2个自然段间的逻辑关系。比如说《THE CAMBRIAN EXPLOSION》这篇文章的第6题。% L+ X: f% _1 b$ r" _: l/ v  S
  6. Which of the following best describes the relationship between Paragraph2 and Paragraph3?
( y4 D: D; `) G  Paragraph2 puts forward several scientific claims, one of which is rejected in Paragraph3
! V) k3 @; M% M: D& z  Paragraph2 poses several questions, and Paragraph3offers a possible answer to one of them
) v- f* G, ?" w. S  Paragraph2 presents outdated traditional views, while Paragraph3presents the current scientific conclusions.
0 v7 @" a* Y( k' t; x: |5 b0 G  Paragraph2 introduces a generalization that is illustrated by specific examples in Paragraph3. S1 F( p1 d) i5 v% O* P2 E6 j
  二.修辞手法题:这种题目是修辞目的的变体。OG中大多数题目只考察一个词组的修辞目的,而实际考试会对一句话甚至整段话的修辞目的进行考察。一个是考修辞对象,一个是考修辞的手段。比如说,《Meteorite Impact and Dinosaur Extinction》这篇文章第2题:, d" ^  G+ O8 z- T- D; ]0 w! y
  2. In paragraph 2, why does the author include the information that dinosaurs had flourished for tens of millions of years and then suddenly disappeared?: g5 v& l# O1 G3 I( d0 p
  ○To support the claim that the mass extinction at the end of the Cretaceous is the best-documented of the dozen or so mass extinctions in the geological record* ~1 |& d2 ?' d1 L$ w& Q% V9 E# r: c% |
  ○To explain why as many as half of the species on Earth at the time are believed to have become extinct at the end of the Cretaceous8 b2 I. R9 N" [! X. K5 W
  ○To explain why paleontologists have always been intrigued by the mass extinction at the end of the Cretaceous
" L0 p$ x* H0 |. R' z  ○To provide evidence that an impact can be large enough to disturb the environment of the entire planet and cause an ecological disaster  z8 r' s9 w( R- |
  三.段落结构题:这里题目考查的是文章段落的构架,可以算是新题型。比如:《THE ORIGINS OF THEATER》这篇文章的第9题,
: `. l. T6 K; L  9. Which of the following best describes the organization of paragraph 5?3 d9 O" T# V0 A, L) L
  ○The author presents two theories for a historical phenomenon.4 p7 w3 j" C" W4 X) h
  ○The author argues against theories expressed earlier in the passage.. S0 s2 H. f. C; F
  ○The author argues for replacing older theories with a new one.
/ _. E2 Q4 ?2 Z1 c  ○The author points out problems with two popular theories.0 |7 i5 m6 K4 ?  x: T
  四. 段落主题题:这种题目考查的是整个段落的主题,可以说是老托福段落主题题的延续:
  W* L: z' S8 H- X' X0 c  比如《Petroleum Resources》这篇文章的12题:* g+ R0 _" K7 Z5 z# D( e9 o7 [8 v
  12.In paragraph 6, the author’s primary purpose is to' U5 M' Y3 \4 ?
  ○Provide examples of how oil exploration can endanger the environment
4 f2 P  r4 r5 U4 R" U! R8 V& Z5 D  ○Describe accidents that have occurred when oil activities were in progress# e2 o2 i8 F/ J* [8 r; _/ q
  ○Give an analysis of the effects of oil spills on the environment
1 D! n$ I6 X5 q# V" a  ○Explain how technology and legislation help reduce oil spills
2 m. q/ C: b+ m9 i5 B$ f' e  五. 双选题:其实不仅仅在听力考试之中有双选题,阅读考试之中也是有双选题的,只是ETS有可能觉得这点并不重要,因此没有通知偶们,例子请见:《The Geologic History of the Mediterranean》这篇文章第5题。/ G/ W0 Y. E  P) Z7 `/ E
  5. Select the TWO answer choice from paragraph 3 that identify materials discovered in the deepest part of the Mediterranean basin. To receive credit you must select TWO answers.
$ }2 \- T% ^& E- R3 C  ○Volcanic rock fragments.- A" c$ R; a" ]6 ^* h3 g
  ○This silt layers0 W( r8 s+ ^  X
  ○Soft, deep-sea mud
" g  T# t! d* e; Q  ○Crystalline salt
1 R$ o" J8 v6 A9 E  以及《THE RISE OF TEOTIHUACAN》这篇文章第11题:
( s1 S; L; R" g% X9 y" Y% I1 h# K) k# ?% q
  11. Select the TWO answer choices that are mentioned in paragraph 5 as being features of Teotihuacán that may have attracted immigrants to the city. To receive credit, you must select TWO answers.
回复

使用道具 举报

楼主| 发表于 2012-8-14 22:29:14 | 显示全部楼层

新托福考试阅读新老题型大起底

</p>  ○The prosperity of the elite& @/ I) \' g: P1 |4 D3 Z" i& O
  ○Plenty of available housing
8 h0 e' `/ F5 W, K9 L; m  ○Opportunities for well-paid agricultural employment: {  Y; N" c( l3 A7 Z- g
  ○The presence of one or more religious shrines
2 w3 M  ?, H/ t" P: y7 `& }  除此以外,OG对于新托福考试阅读题型的呈现方法也与真实考试有一定距离,如:
! G2 X3 D4 {" x' s* M: I5 v* @" n  一.细节题的阅读跨度:OG中大多数题目只考一段,但是实际考试会有一道题目考2段、甚至是3段的情况。比如《GROUNDWATER》这篇文章的第10题:$ `2 p+ m, M# R8 p
  10. According to paragraphs 6 and 7, why is basalt unlike most crystalline forms of rock?" B3 V" Q* K# `, L; F
  ○It is unusually solid9 M5 E, f' F( R) g$ D
  ○It often has high porosity.
$ ^3 Y0 ~" w1 s3 Z; _  ○It has a low proportion of empty space./ ^. V7 ^4 _+ |! x  m
  ○It is highly permeable.
( o( z5 S( J+ J% V  二.句子改写题的句子复杂性:真实考题比OG中的句子改写题要长很多,而且逻辑关系也更复杂。  W" ?* q2 Q! p; i
  三.指代题:OG指代题考得不少,真实考试指代题考得很少。
9 {7 N' x7 B; k  四.选项长度:真题的选项长度长很多。
1 d0 g& f+ @! ~7 R; H  \: ?' p  五.细节题题干关键字没有在原文直接给出。这让考生定位细节难度大幅度增加。不过说句公道话,其实在老托福考试就已经这样了,并不是在新托福考试之中独有的。比如《Depletion of the Ogallala Aquifer》这篇文章的第11题。
) X) `  W  E3 Y2 c  11.Paragraph 5 mentions which of the following as a source of difficulty for some farmers who try to conserve water?
6 K" `1 X! r4 }* H3 x7 o1 |  ○Crops that do not need much water are difficult to grow in the High Plains.
4 M  L4 g2 \2 p4 a0 {, r( Q  ○Farmers who grow crops that need a lot of water make higher profits.
" I2 w+ k& P' Z) f7 b; [" u  ○Irrigating less frequently often leads to crop failure.
8 {; W  g/ ]2 k  ○Few farmers are convinced that the aquifer will eventually run dry.. G1 Z3 s4 c) ]2 Y# V, z5 g
  六. 文章的复杂程度:这个也不用说了,OG的文章结构性非常明显,就好像看CCAV的新闻联播一样;真实考试的文章结构纠结多了,就好像看本届世界杯一样。比如:《The Long-Term Stability of Ecosystems》和《Colonizing the Americas via the Northwest Coast》这两篇文章。" W8 Q" a$ o% z/ D, k& X  W) G3 v
  新托福考试阅读部分其实并不存在真的所谓“新题型”,这些题型也是有规律可循的,考生们在备考时多加注意就没什么值得害怕的。
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 立即注册

本版积分规则

Archiver|手机版|小黑屋|Woexam.Com ( 湘ICP备18023104号 )

GMT+8, 2024-5-16 14:42 , Processed in 0.402122 second(s), 23 queries .