QQ登录

只需一步,快速开始

扫一扫,访问微社区

查看: 60|回复: 0

[托福词汇] 托福词汇常考总结:校园词汇(1)

[复制链接]
发表于 2012-8-14 22:56:05 | 显示全部楼层 |阅读模式
GLOSSARY OF CAMPUS VOCABULARY  t( ]1 X* M" s, q
  academic advisor n. a person who helps students make decisions about their academic programs 导师 ' J0 T# M, K! x- L7 I
  Example: Dr. Jones is the academic advisorfor the engineering students.
* K8 z; e  Y. O# W) S  Suggestion: You should see your academic advisor before you decide.2 q) ^0 r% K5 X
  Assumption: Dr. Jones is your academic advisor?.  g% k; x: [8 @% _4 A
  Problem: I can't see my academic advisor until Friday.* P% s$ f' G" j- M( e4 t
  ace v. to receive a grade of A 得到A等成绩 8 p& j, n  g7 D' ]& l
  Example: Iaced that exam.
. g- \5 [5 I  V( `$ N  C- R1 I  Suggestion: Find someone who aced the course to help you.
& v! j" `+ T9 }  Assumption: Kathy aced her computer science class?
" a: l! `: v- M3 Q. F  Problem: If I don't ace the final, I'll get a B in the class.
3 y0 [+ T& Z$ k% J  admissions office n. the administrative office where students apply for admission to a college or university 招生办公室 3 z7 P& u, _5 n! T6 E7 j
  Example: I have an appointment at the admissions office to review my application." d" C+ Y" G& K4 v( ?  d
  Suggestion: Why don't you go over to the admissions office?. }4 r. l' Q' F! W: R
  Assumption: You mean you couldn't find the admissions office?
0 |& m( W: E1 ?9 x. N: N: M  Problem: I need to get to the admissions office before five o'clock.7 G9 s2 I% m" k5 L! Q
  all-nlghter n. a study session that lasts el! night 通宵自习
6 S6 u! C7 ?) E+ {( S  Example: We had to pull an all-nighterto get ready for the final exam.
2 A2 u, w- h( J# c4 g  Suggestion: if I were you, I wouldn't pull another all-nighter.& \4 h; i7 M. l; t- @* F
  Assumption: So you did pull another all-nighter.
* r" p  T' [0 |& B  Problem: I have to pull an all-nighter in order to be ready for the final exam." B, }: ^; S/ r0 t- ~& o1 o
  article n. a publication about an academic subject 论文
8 M' y2 J" Z- l. |( `* O+ y  Example: We readd six articles in addition to the reading in the textbook.
- G1 }$ T5 w% Y% Z+ N3 I. S0 B  Suggestion: You had better read the articles that were assigned.! C7 {8 \. F7 w* I0 N$ C6 x
  Assumption: You read the articles already?
# h$ E( n. F1 p* q$ X4 X% N  Problem: I need to read the articles again.
回复

使用道具 举报

您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 立即注册

本版积分规则

Archiver|手机版|小黑屋|Woexam.Com ( 湘ICP备18023104号 )

GMT+8, 2024-5-26 05:34 , Processed in 0.296377 second(s), 21 queries .