立即注册

QQ登录

只需一步,快速开始

扫一扫,访问微社区

查看: 51|回复: 0

[托福词汇] 阅读词汇:附中英文注释(二)

[复制链接]
发表于 2012-8-14 22:56:05 | 显示全部楼层 |阅读模式
breach A violation or infraction, as of a law, a legal obligation, or a promise破坏,违犯=violation " c1 n* Q3 q9 \: l- n- N- n
   boost To increase; raise增加;拔高;To raise or lift by pushing up from behind or below推、举=raise * q$ i9 `, j) x8 j, J
   blend To combine (varieties or grades) to obtain a mixture of a particular character, quality, or consistency把…掺在一起混合=combine, mix
* U! Z- e$ y  X0 d! w9 \% S  @   bizarre Strikingly unconventional and far-fetched in style or appearance; odd古怪的=odd 1 q7 E5 \# }! o: O  z& `
   bias A preference or an inclination, especially one that inhibits impartial judgment偏见=prejudice ' \( U9 c! @8 x/ u# H9 u+ t
   beam A ray or shaft of light光柱,光束=ray
' J) ?: m* h0 D1 u$ O" ^   be characterized bydistinguish
. D" u9 t5 [6 x, F9 q: m  T0 G1 Q   barren Lacking vegetation, especially useful vegetation不毛的=infertile 9 Y" @& B4 T1 ^
   balmy Mild and pleasant温和的=mild
* q1 U. i' a8 p& j5 K. g0 n8 Z   comprise To consist of; be composed of由…构成=consist of ,make up % ]8 Y( D1 |/ y) g! W% R
   conception Something conceived in the mind; a concept, plan, design, idea, or thought概念、计划、设计或思想=notion A mental image or representation; an idea or conception心理形象或象征;想法或构思 3 r. m5 a. r  ?, r) }! f, T
   composed of To create or produce (a literary or musical piece)创作或制作=create ( K4 A( V& r+ R3 T7 x, ]/ i5 @
   component A constituent element, as of a system组成要素=element, part
" c& y" h8 k9 [/ r; `. E1 B   comparable Similar or equivalent相似或相当=similar
- E7 g0 j( b! K* }) C3 L- P) ^, T   compile To put together or compose from materials gathered from several sources汇编=put together
1 }1 W" F; H$ H9 J6 y; i  @7 h   community Society as a whole; the public作为整体的社会;大众。Asgroupsof plants and animals living and interacting with one another in a specific region under relatively similar environmental conditions共生动物群的一群植物和动物=settlement, society
9 A- N$ H1 h2 H   commodity Something useful that can be turned to commercial or other advantage商品=goods : Y: t; }8 v" L8 x7 E+ J, ^  h
   coincide To happen at the same time or during the same period同时发生=occur at the same time . V$ N) q  X8 ?2 ]
   cohesion The act, process, or condition of cohering结合=unity The combination or arrangement of partssintosa whole; unification统一
9 L- h2 Q3 T# K, f# c9 ~   cluster To gather or growsintosbunches丛生=concentrate 5 }" H) c# L) ^2 l5 D* i+ l
   classify To arrange or organize according to class or category分类=categorize
, i9 V) Y" V% ~2 a& k$ [8 @   cling tov.依附,依靠,坚持=stick to 9 o, ?4 M" `0 N9 }0 O" ~
   citeTo mention or bring forward as support, illustration, or proof引证把…作为支持、说明或证明而提及或提出=mention
% ]. P# t( G' e" x2 I0 V  A8 l   check monitor To check the quality or content of (an electronic audio or visual signal) by means of a receiver监听,收听;To check by means of an electronic receiver for significant content, such as military, political, or illegal activity窃听
% n: l; n9 o9 ]" n5 x   celestial Of or relating to the sky or the heavens天空的=astronomical
) q5 X! j  P. p7 C) d$ ~   cease To put an end to; discontinue使…停止;中止=stop + \  X* b# C( t! z2 b2 V
   capability The quality of being capable; ability能力=ability * S0 J4 p: O% Q/ E* q- c- P: F
   cumbersomeTroublesome or onerous麻烦的=burdensome    crisscross To move back and forth through or over交叉移动move back and forth
回复

使用道具 举报

您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 立即注册

本版积分规则

Archiver|手机版|小黑屋|Woexam.Com ( 湘ICP备18023104号 )

GMT+8, 2024-9-16 00:37 , Processed in 0.271920 second(s), 21 queries .