QQ登录

只需一步,快速开始

扫一扫,访问微社区

查看: 45|回复: 0

[托福词汇] TWE常见疑难词汇纠错实例分析(下)

[复制链接]
发表于 2012-8-14 22:56:05 | 显示全部楼层 |阅读模式
40.raise,rise,rise不带宾语;raise带宾语。
4 v0 ?- B. `; Y/ q4 v- `F:He rose his hand before asking a question. 7 F/ @; J/ w9 v
T:He raised his hand before asking a question, (past tense)
1 J! `3 ^% U  t. b0 q0 qF:Having finished lunch, he raised from the table.
1 ]2 h: s! H- P; x. NT:Having finished lunch, he rose from the table, (past tense) : V& c  g) e6 q0 y9 e: a
F:The sun is raising high in the sky.
+ `$ ~4 y7 l, i4 b" H3 bT:The sun is rising high in the sky. (present participle)
& \; I; }) W; q- GF:Some questions were risen about taxes. % w7 w; Q: @) t* F/ w4 E$ v5 y
T:Some questions were raised about taxes, (past participle) * g, U7 T6 n% m' `: ]' h
F:My grandfather raises early every morning. % I2 \- N+ B* U# I7 e  h
T:My grandfather rises early every morning, (present tense)
! Q, k7 a0 X0 {* l/ @$ t+ f8 QF:Private income has raised steadily for the past decade. 5 ^) `" q8 P& `% W1 ~" R
T:Private income has risen steadily for the past decade. (past participle). * y# `' U% ^* l/ A+ v' d8 y% C( o' {
41.reason...because为误用,应说reason...that。 % @& i6 K) `6 g7 ~3 A: M3 M& h
F:The reason he makes poor grades is because he never studies.
* c, x7 W4 s9 z( [! J7 IT:The reason he makes poor grades is that he never studies.   L" p, ?* p9 C- E1 `* U0 J
F:My reason for using a typewriter is because my handwriting is poor. , Z0 V! K( h! }: v
T:My reason for using a typewriter is that my handwriting is poor. " }6 [0 z- a  }8 m- F4 p  M
42.seldom ever,seldom or ever为误用,应说seldom if ever或hardly ever. ! L1 b' d- d! L) g: ~6 ^
F:Tigers seldom ever eat human beings. $ H$ T% s: e+ }  x! i7 q9 Q: H3 K- g
T:Tigers seldom if ever (or hardly ever) eat human beings. & B6 T, Y0 _! U" V  l
43.some,somewhat.Some是形容词;some what是副词。
% e" A0 ^0 V1 ~6 }/ m9 sF:Students find that mathematical concept some difficult.
5 T0 y$ [" m$ E6 ~8 {6 j0 LT:Students find that mathematical concept somewhat diffi-cult.
( b# g& v% i( O! u4 rF:Mis shirt looks some dirty. ) \0 u& R- g2 D2 j1 P1 w; U+ V
T:His shirt looks somewhat dirty. / l* |; Z/ {; R( Q: v; r
44.sit,set.sit不跟宾语;set跟宾语。 + ^$ \2 o# R7 o2 o
F:.The old man is setting on the porch.
; ]; X& v9 k: E. y$ PT:The old man is sitting on the porch, (present participle)
. n7 ?6 m* r$ E" `. b( jF:The woman sat the groceries on the table. ) z5 @( k: f+ j8 h
T:The woman set the groceries on the table, (past tense)
+ F. Q. e! [2 L+ dF:Exhausted, the hiker set down to rest. 5 v9 b- W6 E; {3 L! f. w) S  m
T:Exhausted, the hiker sat down to rest, (past tense)
; `3 T2 P. n' L& |  t+ mF:Please set here if you‘re tired.   X) u3 S3 s5 Y9 G# p% L
T:Please sit here if youVe tired, (present tense) - R! l4 I9 I( `8 P" P+ `6 y
45.so that 指目的,不能省略that。 ; e% \! Z/ c& b/ ~6 F7 E
F:He came here so he could study English.
0 s3 ~7 i( w$ a' X- K  ]0 O7 N9 o9 bT:He came here so that he could study English.
" s& \: ^  H4 b1 E8 D! o- r- ]3 WF:The spider spins a web so it can catch insects. . D$ `8 w. M# ]
T:The spider spins a web so that it can catch insects, / ~, `8 E# J% X0 \; \7 s  t" O
46.such,so.避免用这两个词代替very. 3 X( w  g( c7 U# Y: Y% W2 M+ k2 s
F:Taxes are so high today. 4 x& W  q3 Y0 |8 u  H0 Y
T:Taxes are very high today. * d- \6 S) w: u0 ]
OR
. Z8 M3 c0 c' h2 RF:Taxes are so high today that some people try to cheat on their tax returns. / b& U6 b, n3 F+ d  j  y" E& S
F:Professor Davis is such a good lecturer. 2 K. j7 e( B% j: [. H
T:Professor Davis is a very good lecturer.
) p4 h8 j% r1 }2 ~OR & P5 C! Y' W: T& P2 f. d1 L
Professor Davis is such a good lecturer that students enjoy being in his class.
% X0 _: J8 b( q( \6 P6 l" n0 M47.sure和try后面不跟and。
' X& K) t0 B2 P0 B. U9 @* xF:You should try and write legibly. ; k, l4 d) e1 l# X0 Z
T:You should try to write legibly. 7 U3 p1 N; w5 r" @
F:I am going to try and get some sleep tonight.
6 f5 t8 \1 v7 z/ D  h  f; p  {$ m5 ET:I am going to try to get some sleep tonight.
7 s! @& \9 s# G; b9 A; l  nF:Be sure and bring a pencil to class tomorrow. / F4 w# L( R9 [- P+ I
T:Be sure to bring a pencil to class tomorrow. / h/ P$ O! {4 \% v) q! ^7 N
48.that名词从句中不能省略that在有一个以上的名词从句是尤应注意。
8 q* J  t& {& Y8 ?* B( AF:My objection to smoking is it is dangerous to health.
0 R" d) _0 Y5 I, J( x8 IT:My objection to smoking is that it is dangerous to health. F:Everyone knows Greenland is an island and it is located to the north. + V! |4 P6 g4 X4 X% p+ F
T:Everyone knows that Greenland is an island and that it is located to the north.
' E4 M0 n2 x4 Q. W3 O49.their,there,they‘re. . d$ K! k  |- c
F:I am interested in they‘re habits. ( F! f) z. I- U0 N+ u& j) d* U
T:I am interested in their habits. 8 w4 [  l* p1 z6 Z
F:Their coming later this afternoon.
7 N$ R1 G+ a4 n. D2 gT:They‘re coming later this afternoon.
1 w4 n( z5 T+ |' H: J0 zF:They‘re coming surprised us.
6 E, s% ^) k9 A' r3 D9 o, b, AT:Their coming surprised us. $ S6 i8 M7 l8 t- l0 [
F:They‘re several ways to use the word correctly. 6 {- ^3 w; P2 x% y% h0 w9 ]3 F
T:There are several ways to use the word correctly.
3 ?; J- y8 ]+ K50.too,enough.Too意为to an excessive degree.Enough意为 adequate or sufficient for the purpose desired.
* x+ |' S6 }1 ~& V. r, _F:Your brother is too old to know better. 4 W. \6 s0 X, E, d5 A
T:Your brother is old enough to know better. + P- ]$ C3 }0 f5 K1 i/ Y# k5 z
F:The window was dirty enough to see through.
6 B( k& ]- g% @9 f; @" U: B7 w0 GT:The window was too dirty to see through. 7 W& ]5 Q1 m5 Q7 B/ s
F:I am too sick to miss class.
8 ?- y. n. {. k# L8 @0 h' }4 xT:I am sick enough to miss class.
) y& t/ ?' R# U7 n( r7 a, l: _F:John is too clever to solve the problem. T:John is clever enough to soive the problem.
- b, X( }1 \) D51.used to, supposed to.不能省略 d。 $ e% I3 R9 x4 D
F:I use to enjoy gardening. 4 l- _& Q% K: y
T:I used to enjoy gardening. ( D# J4 b3 u9 `0 B
F:My uncle has trouble breathing: he isn‘t suppose to smoke. 3 l5 v! Q  e! v. Y, F& d
T:My uncle has trouble breathing: he isn‘t supposed to smoke, 5 }: V' v9 A  ^- n6 X% c
52.very.不能用此词来代替too。
0 c8 a5 w/ `# ]8 CF:This book is .very old to use anymore. $ }$ Q& B. y1 \" D
T:This book is too old to use anymore.
; g# q, _, p& g5 ^0 V- }  V2 E5 o" AF:The weather is very cold to go swimming.
! c; L$ J, U( C1 M' t7 P0 \T:The weather is too cold to go swimming. - z# b( |3 H# Q
F:The actor is very nervous to go on stage.
  _% p7 `1 k! g8 pT:The actor is too nervous to go on stage.
5 ^2 d, s( m$ \% w. j4 y53.wait on意为serve, 不要与 wait for混淆。
; P: S9 V; l# M4 u9 h- wF:My friend was late; I had to wait on him for half an hour. " c' h- i2 X6 w/ k7 l
T:My friend was late; 1 had to wait for him for half an hour.
$ d! @+ n6 x8 V/ {' J4 iF:Good clerks are happy to wait for their customers.
' c2 f0 m% p3 X6 e6 nT:Good clerks are happy to wait on their customers.
1 [" T, G/ S$ A' \- l& G2 k& [54.want 后面不跟名词从句,而跟不定式。 % _# {( e1 {; r/ d) J" k6 S1 r6 g; H
F:She wants that she can pass the test.
8 ?8 W$ U! a% ]9 w/ jT:She wants to pass the test.
, s3 m+ t$ V; e9 M; bF:My father wants that I do well in school. : l7 \* k) K3 @
T:My father wants me to do well in school. # W+ z- P' L/ N
55.where 指地点,避免where用作that的同义词。
. H' S" E. V; p& [! B4 M" O+ @# rF: I read in the newspaper where crime is on the increase. " {0 s% _% G. g% k& H, c
T: I read in the newspaper that crime is on the increase. 2 e, ?  s3 X) _: X* L
F: Have you noticed where people are smoking less than they used to?
7 @1 _$ t( c* ?3 vT:Have you noticed that people are smoking less than they used to? 9 }0 l6 ~3 w" \5 `% |
56.which 是关系代词, 指物, 从不指人。
' M' e! y8 O3 `0 i+ x, d) UF:The person with which I had the argument was the chair-man.
/ @# L$ E6 Y5 _6 O3 ?3 JT:The person with whom I had the argument was the chair-man.
; O" ]$ s, }4 k1 G+ K) y4 _F:The scientist which invented the electric light was Thomas Edison.
- G) n1 {& }0 G; e- qT:The scientist who invented the electric light was Thomas Edison.
+ ?- j, x; `6 m. ~5 @F:I was annoyed by the salesman which came to my door. 1 V1 Y+ Q( @: S5 g+ [
T:I was annoyed by the salesman who came to my door. 5 q8 Q  C2 q8 S2 e$ v; e
57.while通常指时间,避免用while表示对比。 # Y2 O% M6 V2 R7 w3 l3 X, _# f: t
F:While my family is not rich, we have many advan-tages. & w" O) Y  u. t8 q* d6 X# `' n
T:Although my family is not rich, we have many advantages.
5 p# w' {6 x' V3 ]( B+ G$ h( LF:While I was not busy, I couldn‘t help him.
2 x/ _6 }; ]5 T3 j6 L8 b5 nT:Although I was not busy, I couldn‘t help him. 7 M  F4 a% l  |( @2 M
F:While teaching seems like a good profession. I would prefer to be a lawyer.
. `1 M" f: [+ B5 B! CT:Although teaching seems like a good profession, I would prefer to be a lawyer. . `  D4 M" {2 u8 Z# {% D2 W$ R$ f
58.who,whom.Who是代词主格,whom是代词宾格。 ' |" h9 T% p: R5 d/ O8 T: T
F:Who did you speak to about your problem? " ~) x* h, D' e" k
T:Whom did you speak to about your problem? (Whom is the object of the preposition to.)
5 E* a2 y& k/ {3 Z# |. ]8 J( E  V) ^F:Whom did you say ruled the country at that time? % l0 }/ M: ?' V6 k: t
T:Who did you say ruled the country at that time? (Who is the subject of the verb ruled.) ( O) D. d  c, ]- X
F:John Kennedy was a man who many people admired.
- B7 U  j; f; h6 O- o% `$ E6 V3 tT:John Kennedy was a man whom many people admired.(Whom is the object of the verb admired.)
' O4 x: V2 C, w. G& i59.who‘s,whose.Who‘s意为who is;Whose则表示所属。
5 y: d2 A& Y- ?& nF:The counselor was the person who‘s advice I took.
" V" X$ Y% I% l3 ?2 s$ sT:The counselor was the person whose advice I took.
! P& Y) g5 H/ O2 O" e  }# ]$ n, JF:Do you remember whose in charge of preparing the menu?
: t  F  f( J$ t" q: gT:Do you remember who‘s in charge of preparing the menu?
: W9 i& F% i1 l5 l# Q, M- f60.would尽管此词是will的过去式,但常常用来表示现在发生的动作,同时也经常在主要为过去式的名词从句中。
) O  F+ }  w2 P7 pF:Will you like a cup of coffee now?
/ k# w' Q% h/ l" RT:Would you like a cup of coffee now?
3 _. v/ C7 _% a. \9 T( z) KF:I have never met your parents, but I will like to know them.
: ~" H5 p; o* D. U$ p( o; ?T:I have never met your parents, but I would like to know them.
  d7 p$ P5 ?1 Y* ^* xF:My boss told me that he will increase my salasy next year. $ Y5 U( i* l+ ^
T:My boss told me that he would increase my salary next year. , n1 o# @; m+ p
F:We heard on the radio that it will rain tomorrow. T:We heard on the radio that it would rain tomorrow.
回复

使用道具 举报

您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 立即注册

本版积分规则

Archiver|手机版|小黑屋|Woexam.Com ( 湘ICP备18023104号 )

GMT+8, 2024-6-2 13:09 , Processed in 0.222816 second(s), 21 queries .