QQ登录

只需一步,快速开始

扫一扫,访问微社区

查看: 42|回复: 0

[托福词汇] 2012年托福词汇:句中学词(6)

[复制链接]
发表于 2012-8-14 22:56:05 | 显示全部楼层 |阅读模式
2012年托福词汇:句中学词(6)! _- z# y. F+ }' T6 u1 ^" |# V
51. Using many symbols makes it possible to put a large amount of inFORMation on a single map。
9 T' O4 }& K3 A3 Y+ q) T  }) q' ?. j.使用多种多样的符号可以在一张地图里放进大量的信息
9 b0 y3 g6 {, e3 r  A; p52. Anarchism is a termdescribing a cluster of doctrines and attitudes whose principal unitingfeature is the belief that government is both harmful and unnecessary。9 l. Z8 t! R/ D3 D' B' j# i. U
无政府主义这个词描述的是一堆理论和态度,它们的主要共同点在于相信政府是有害的,没有必要的。2 [% o, L0 A$ E$ {8 K5 w
53. Probably no man had moreeffect on the daily lives of most people in the Untied States than didHenry Ford a pioneer in automobile production。* j7 H/ H4 B$ T% `
.恐怕没有谁对大多数美国人的日常生活影响能超过汽车生产的先驱亨利。福特。
0 a7 k: F& Z! e, T3 P2 v54. The use of well-chosen nonsense words makes possible the testing of many basic hypotheses in the field of language learning。
5 N* x. ]& k! n8 E' H& r.使用精心挑选的无意义词汇,可以检验语言学科里许多基本的假定。中华考试网(www.Examw。com)3 J$ _- {1 A; j8 ?" _9 S, x" e
55. The history of painting is a fascinating chain of events that probably began with the very first pictures ever made。9 c: k) ~. a3 b: v+ m% o6 f
.优化历史是由一连串的迷人事件组成,其源头大概可以上溯到最早的图画。, ]; _! e4 Y2 a9 q7 r
56. Perfectly matched pearls, strung into a necklace, bring a far higher price than the same pearls told individually。" M- Q( p) s; K1 s, y+ q% v
相互般配的珍珠,串成一条项链,就能卖到比单独售出好得多的价钱。
8 I7 c8 T0 k# v- T& F: V9 A+ r9 D57. During the eighteenthcentury, Little Turtle was chief of the Miami tribe whose territorybecame what is now Indiana and Ohio。
- J0 d+ F3 w$ k; G* v7 H( f1 x' g.十八世纪时,“小乌龟”是迈阿密部落的酋长,该部落的地盘就是今天的印第安那州和俄亥俄州。* s# x( G7 I& e
58. Among almost sevenhundred species of bamboo, some are fully grown at less than a foothigh, while others can grow three feet in twenty-four hours。6 |% k6 z4 N* @
.在竹子的近七百个品种中,有的全长成还不到一英尺,有的却能在二十四小时内长出三英尺。' ]# @  I. ]) J, S: I
59. Before staring on a seavoyage, prudent navigators learn the sea charts, study the sailingdirections, and memorize lighthouse locations to prepare themselves forany conditions they might encounter。
) U/ p/ N8 Z2 i. q7 z9 J* H; O.谨慎的航海员在出航前,会研究航向,记录的灯塔的位置,以便对各种可能出现的情况做到有备无患。/ }" N, C* W1 o9 c5 M
60. Of all the economically important plants, palms have been the least studied。. P& N) P' \! N
.在所有的经济作物中,棕榈树得到的研究最少。
回复

使用道具 举报

您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 立即注册

本版积分规则

Archiver|手机版|小黑屋|Woexam.Com ( 湘ICP备18023104号 )

GMT+8, 2024-9-20 04:46 , Processed in 0.238771 second(s), 21 queries .