只需一步,快速开始

扫一扫,访问微社区

查看: 85|回复: 0

[托福词汇] 2012年新托福词汇记忆:approach

[复制链接]
发表于 2012-8-14 22:56:05 | 显示全部楼层 |阅读模式
2012年新托福词汇记忆:approach0 F$ b7 B1 X& p! p
approach  / əˈprəutʃ; əˋprotʃ/ v" Q7 z& p7 r6 ~6 h1 I3 B& U+ J0 D4 ^) ]% i
  [I, Tn] come near or nearer to (sb/sth) in space or time (在空间或时间上)接近, 靠近(某人[某事物]): The time is approaching when we must think about buying a new house. 我们要想一想买新房子的事了, 时机即将来临. * As you approach the town the first building you see is the church. 接近那座城镇的时候, 首先看到的就是教堂.
6 U7 l; s- W8 `$ v0 r; |% j  [Tn] be similar in quality or character to (sb/sth) (在性质或特点上)接近(某人[某事物]): Few writers even begin to approach Shakespeare’s greatness. 莎士比亚的伟大, 鲜有作家能望其项背.
* O- Q- B6 [/ l" V, Q  [Tn] go to (sb) for help or support or in order to offer sth (为求助或提供某事物)接近(某人): approach one’s bank manager for a loan 找银行经理寻求贷款 * approach a witness with a bribe 前去贿赂目击者 * I find him difficult to approach, ie not easy to talk to in a friendly way. 我觉得他很难接近(不好谈话).
4 V1 V- m# n* \5 d; ]+ L5 @4 n  [Tn] begin to tackle (a task, problem, etc) 着手处理(事务﹑ 难题等): Before trying to solve the puzzle, let us consider the best way to approach it. 要想解决这一难题, 咱们先来考虑一下如何着手方为上策.来自www.Examw.com
5 U9 b$ x3 _  I) P+ z  > approach n
& ]6 n7 n# n( N: t9 T. v  1 [sing] act of approaching 接近: Heavy footsteps signalled the teacher’s approach. 沉重的脚步声显示教师已经走近了. * At her approach the children ran off. 她走近的时候, 孩子们都跑了.
. O1 u3 j! |; D5 x0 U# ^+ g; h& h: J6 V  2 [C] ~ to sth thing resembling sth in quality or character 性质或特点相似的事物: That’s the nearest approach to a smile he ever makes. 那已算是他能做出的最近乎微笑的表示了.; Z3 [* B* G, z4 Y' U
  3 [C] way leading to sth; path; road 通路; 进路; 道路: All the approaches to the palace were guarded by troops. 通往宫殿的所有道路都有部队把守. * [attrib 作定语] Police are patrolling the major approach roads to the stadium. 警察正在通往运动场的主要通路上巡逻.& f. v# I8 N0 n( H4 J8 o
  4 [C] way of dealing with a person or thing 方法; 手段: a new approach to language teaching 语言教学的新方法.
7 r4 n3 x) y( f% T! K( i2 G  5 [C] attempt to reach agreement or become friendly with sb (想与某人商议或亲近的)尝试, 意图: The club has made an approach to a local business firm for sponsorship. 俱乐部已试探向本地一家公司寻求资助. * She resented his persistent approaches. 他一再地表示亲近使她很反感.5 |9 n2 x9 w4 Y
  6 [C] final part of an aircraft’s flight before landing 进场(飞机着陆前的最後飞行阶段): the approach to the runway 进入跑道的进场飞行.
# _( n: i7 h' y( F  7 [C] (in golf) stroke from the fairway to the green (高尔夫球赛中)从外野击向球穴区草地.
6 _$ A$ X+ E6 _5 c  8 (idm 习语) easy/difficult of approach (fml 文) easy/difficult to talk to in a friendly way 平易近人的[难於接近的].4 s4 \9 c2 _3 }' p9 A
  approachable adj 1 (of people or things) that can be approached (指人或物)可接近的 : The village is only approachable from the south. 这个村子只有从南边才能到达. 2 friendly and easy to talk to 和蔼可亲的. approachability / əˏprəutʃəˈbɪlətɪ; əˏprotʃəˋbɪlətɪ/ n [U].
回复

使用道具 举报

您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 立即注册

本版积分规则

Archiver|手机版|小黑屋|Woexam.Com ( 湘ICP备18023104号 )

GMT+8, 2024-9-20 04:57 , Processed in 0.264300 second(s), 21 queries .