QQ登录

只需一步,快速开始

扫一扫,访问微社区

查看: 33|回复: 0

[托福听力] 托福听力备考:托福考试听力疑难词组整理(4)

[复制链接]
发表于 2012-8-14 23:06:24 | 显示全部楼层 |阅读模式
  60,lose one's train of =忘记0 Z6 R& e& }- M0 n( k
  -When you interrupted me, you make me lose my train of thought. k, k7 j% _5 J; [
  61,lose track =忘记,不了解,没有记下来5 q0 r: Y7 C$ s0 I
  -Why were you late for the meeting this afternoon?
/ P( W' t. `) b2 y9 z  I just lost track of time
, a2 S* d! t# R4 g  62,lose weight =体重减轻; e  T0 O6 H7 V. N! c3 R
  -I must have lost some weight, look at baggy(松垂的) in my pants are+ |( W1 S3 r3 J0 w/ N8 U1 g
  They don't look that loose to me7 J. [2 u8 K; ~
  63,make a point of =努力,特别努力,特别注意
3 S' X: r* c5 d/ K: o  -Next time it snows, I’ll make a point of taking a close look6 c) F. H/ L% e3 G4 c& @! d# O' \" s
  64,make ends meet =有足够的钱支付家用3 ~& B: T0 a3 o
  -They understand how difficult it is to make ends meet when you are a student1 v6 `9 C" d/ N
  -Did you hear that Messier turn down that job?' z7 s" Q- S. ]- O3 U1 W
  Yeah, the hours were convenient, but she wouldn't have been able to make ends meet% |4 f6 ?: {, F: [( P* o1 T
  65,make it =办成功,做到,到达) |- ~( Q" l) J+ y
  -Here I am, I’m lucky I made it to the exam on time+ \! R2 K& O: n( T' i; ?& d( K" ~- W
  I can see you were in a hurry; you are wearing your sweater inside out
6 l* y1 o6 D4 R- f  Q3 a  -At the rate of its being used, the copier is not going to make it through the rest of the year1 A5 L9 R5 J" V( i+ g1 D
  The year, it’s supposed to be good for five
# o* @! N' j( F1 z  -The subway is running behind schedule and traffic is backed up for blocks I don't know# H  ^$ \/ {) S- Q- z
  If we will make the sever fifteen show
. j6 n; G' D/ q) A, C' |, y4 O  It's a beautiful night, let’s try to get there on foot, and if we don't make it, let’s
2 D4 b( W& K2 x$ B9 s  Just have dinner near the theater9 q, O, A, q/ V: Y4 x& G6 f
  66,make out =分辨出,看清,听出,弄懂
, u/ h# w; H9 V  h, N/ O  -Any messages for me
- ]3 [, J8 ^2 B/ }- L: j. Z! K  Someone did call, but there were so much static(静电噪音), I couldn't make out what he was saying: k4 u3 P: R  h) P% F  E
  -Could you lend me your biology notes?
6 |2 N8 ^/ f* x9 r  u9 h2 B( [: l5 C  Do you think you'll be able to make out my handwriting?
) x3 r. P  f& o6 ~  67,make reservation =预定6 H# k( o/ f; [6 T/ |$ g" l
  -Too bad you didn't make a hotel reservation
& b' \: N- O" `) A( Q/ I  }  68,make sense =弄懂什么的意思,言之有理  y. S0 z" c/ R" Q/ Z, W1 \
  -Did you like the movie?
4 \6 o1 p6 U+ P  c& U7 Y  I couldn't make any sense out of it
0 N7 d! R3 U. a8 ?  -I guess it make sense considering how many students have jobs
$ J) P- c* f( f3 I  69,make the most of =充分利用
- S2 a% d' ^4 L6 [9 z( i# \  -It's much too beautiful a day to waste in doors8 b* _1 W* O5 F. F/ U
  You are right, let’s make the most of it
1 y' p) Q/ ]4 i" k6 k  70,make up =弥补% N4 ~6 \6 ^7 H) P9 u0 o
  -Suran wanted to take a make-up exam3 a% J1 p2 D- G3 w. H
  -Lora has to make up the examination* ?7 @' x1 u( u. E$ G& `
  71,make up one's mind =拿定主意
( T' C& F8 H' U. [5 f, o$ X/ Z  -I think you help me make up my mind
  U' ?. w5 `8 e( [4 z) z: O- i3 R$ Q, F  72,meet each other half way =相互妥协,让步
: a6 m& X8 n, l" @/ Z- ^  -My chemistry project is in trouble because my partner and I had totally different ideas about how to proceed; f+ p( u' L5 }
  You should tried to meet each other half way
/ a: {  |6 D7 q8 s# |5 k  73,mess up =捣乱,把某事搅和了
! N: v  i* t% E1 Y$ q5 s( v) a; P  -Su, would you like to be my lab partner with the next experiment6 A! u- k& p9 I8 n+ H" D
  Sure, I just can't believe you still want to work with me after I messed up last time
/ @! G( i- x! i* k* A8 k; k  74,mix up =弄混淆,搞错了
- m2 k, b8 C1 b5 I# L0 }0 h+ U# B/ k  -I get the time mixed up and went to the wrong class
" M' {- M" ~1 ~0 ?4 i* F  -I am surprised to see you in class today, I heard you were sick
/ J3 m3 c  e+ L+ l  Me, you’ve got me mixed up with somebody else
( |- m8 j7 _3 m' g8 K4 u+ P  75,moment by moment =每时每刻7 q) _+ z/ ~9 ~* O1 S
  -As a result, Jazz is a natural expression of the moods and feelings of the artists, a moment by moment" ^3 P7 {3 \: K+ |) [4 w% T
  76,next to =仅次于
2 y# c* V. ~4 w# g7 _  -Eggs are supposed to be one of the most helpful foods
, e5 U+ R' @3 i4 X  Next to potatoes
: E+ l! E2 C# [: m5 k3 d0 I1 k  77,no way =表示强烈的否定
. a3 s) v, a9 p# N( R$ E9 A- i# p  -Do you think Mark will get there in time?# z. C* M* B7 X9 e2 \
  No way' F- O5 b/ c+ ?, n
  78,on account of =因为,由于; l8 V9 ^  Y$ N$ K9 C. ^; p
  -Do you think professor smith will cancel class on account of the special conference?
2 K5 C: Z' p: O5 v' U9 c  Not likely
* \" s8 Z  j% ?. q" Z# X' E  79,on and off =不时的,短短续续的
4 }- N" q' I# Z) w* y( y- \1 h! p  -Over three hundred and fifty labors and artisans have been working on and off since the money was raised to restore the house's grander grandeur庄严, 富丽堂皇! m8 k  B( i! j( g
  -I just heard there are going to be showers on and off all weekend# M* B0 `" f( v  j- Y
  There goes the picnic 我们的野餐泡汤了
回复

使用道具 举报

您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 立即注册

本版积分规则

Archiver|手机版|小黑屋|Woexam.Com ( 湘ICP备18023104号 )

GMT+8, 2024-5-16 03:12 , Processed in 0.157581 second(s), 21 queries .