QQ登录

只需一步,快速开始

扫一扫,访问微社区

查看: 83|回复: 1

[托福听力] 2011年新托福听力考试疑难词组集合(4)

[复制链接]
发表于 2012-8-14 23:06:24 | 显示全部楼层 |阅读模式
  80,on the dot =准时,正点3 {- {+ Z5 |) R1 j% Y: M* |
  -Did you and a man Amanda really meet exactly five minutes to two in front of the theater?
1 W+ ?# a) _# F  Yes, we were both there on the dot* ]$ g( s; y& M1 s' r
  81,on earth =究竟,到底
7 N5 I( _* h4 X* {: ]; W  -How on earth can you believe that?6 ~2 \7 R! \9 C) c. l( t
  82,on end = 连续,没完没了的
) M& \" x* `, }* U: R. m  -Did Linda ever finish that introductory chapter?
! v( k7 Y7 q; a$ E/ C; U+ }  I am not sure; she spent hours on end rewriting it' `+ T# }7 m0 x3 c: w/ U, D
  83,on one's own =独立的,凭自己的力量
$ N8 ?2 U: z; Y1 X$ a/ {) K  -She learned to use the computer on her own7 Z- X, N& @/ S1 Z
  84,on sale =减价: T8 g: F8 P. M' ~0 w1 @
  -Did you buy any of the sweaters that were on sale?! f: t, n3 N" Q# `+ ^( I
  Buy any, I got five of them, there were such a good bargain
- O' {' \/ P+ `8 W# P4 ~  85,on campus =在校内3 z% D! [! l5 P/ e( S% v  n
  -Michel is the most talented actor on campus) b6 M' z: v+ |7 Q7 F  x" h4 I  U
  Isn’t he though?+ B. D8 D3 E3 C! g3 u7 y6 I
  86,on the side =兼职,副业) Q" m* _# ?; r: U
  -He has a job on the side preparing a libratory every day for the next experiments
- P5 b6 w6 v3 A1 T1 r' Q* ]  87,once and for all =最后一次,干脆
# {6 R9 G) {) B4 y- z+ j  -I am going to tell that neighbor of mine to turn down that music once and for all2 r8 s; X( t0 L: q" s6 y: l! k0 _
  I see why you are angry, but I've always found that the polite route is the most effective
* l" j" t- u  z' j% f0 B  88,out of =缺乏,没有
& {8 }7 S% E$ `6 Y  -I'd like to buy a copy of professor Franklin's book on shelves shells(贝壳)* k% e5 W9 B4 I
  I am very sorry, that you’ve been out of print for some time now
* f9 ^0 i7 J- V5 H7 z  -The bookstore is out of textbooks for France 102
$ r7 Z4 X" S$ a, ~! O  -How can we be out of salt, I bought them only last week
) F' ?( O0 n( b- n3 n2 V  -The bookstore is out of lined notebook paper 划线的笔记本+ [4 l0 a3 E, s! F% R
  89,out of business =停止,停产7 V7 P% p4 M# u" i! ^
  -The supermarket down the street is selling everything half price because they are going+ @2 a$ K- Z9 `4 ~! f
  Out of business
4 j! S  j% s- _4 u# k* E5 n; G  Sounds like an idea time to stock up on coffee
/ N- |% B' _2 y  90,out of earshot = 不在听力所及范围
6 h1 P4 c. j+ G+ m8 F  -Hey, Joe, Joe, save your breath
  Y4 M1 _" }% z7 H6 V; U- a* P6 a
  He’s out of earshot
回复

使用道具 举报

楼主| 发表于 2012-8-14 23:06:25 | 显示全部楼层

2011年新托福听力考试疑难词组集合(4)

</p>  91,out of it =神情恍惚,心不在焉
* X' ]: n# Z9 Z) Y1 E- w  -Peter's really out of it these days% v/ ]4 S) D# a, }$ t+ @) j7 ^( w
  Yeah I know, ever since he met Anne, he’s been in another world! Y- t* {" V6 x" h3 R; F
  92,out of one's mind =神经失常
  r  }. l5 o" E1 F' y/ o( A  -Gerry says he's planning to take an extra course this term
; w/ U. ]9 Q# t) ^  L2 }5 \9 W  He’s got to be out of his mind; _8 g$ n* b5 U/ ^1 ^7 L8 g6 n
  93,out of place =场合不合适,不合时宜,不恰当
4 e: U' {: h! a3 }  -Just look at that new dormitory, the modern architecture seems so out of place among all the older buildings2 z: d3 y" J8 [& f) X
  94,pick up =1,中途搭人或带货
& i# a3 @3 P0 j  -Have you picked up your ID card from the office yet?' |- E! V0 l  R& c" w- P
  No the camera for taking photos was broken
# K+ W2 J9 @$ A* D- D2 X* r/ j4 \& R  -Should we ask Paul to pick up our clothes at the dry cleaners?4 U6 Z4 `7 x1 V4 \# s0 R
  Why not, it’s right on his way home* f' P* f; u: d9 \% H
  -Professor Corks said you could pick up your term paper today at her office
! P6 a+ [" A. R! g5 w: M  So she's graded it
% S2 O) B" n" ^( I# D% `% T  -I hope you had a chance to pick up those financial aid papers- G* B, ]/ a5 k  X* f$ J5 F
  I thought I get day to do it later; y* W8 j$ A& |0 I9 V4 {8 B
  -I thought you were picking David up at the airport
0 }1 `2 o/ f  i, O% t' Z7 v/ a; o  How could air on Tuesday night; H; W1 w& s  w! D- T9 m- q
  -I'd like to pick this film up by four-tomorrow afternoon, B* Z4 b! ^% x2 v/ u% Z/ T+ h0 M
  I can have it for you at two if you like0 Z; s3 M9 t% W# g: l
  -I'm going to the vegetable stand(蔬菜店) today, can I pick up anything for you6 w/ e5 g! P/ _4 K
  No thanks; I just came back from the market myself
7 V+ V' p: J& R% f  -We’ve got a whole hour before the Browns come to pick us up
; G* [5 k0 d: \" }3 G$ Z  Yeah, but we better get moving
% W! _7 \5 v8 ?  -I am going to the snack bar for a couple of coffee: }3 b1 G+ i( [- d
  Would you like me to bring you back something?- s' i. y' P) U# X
  Not from the snack bar, but could you pick up a paper for me
7 y8 S1 [' Q! l# E9 L2 S3 a& J' G  = 2,拾起,捡起
0 q" N% B) ^9 v& X5 z# j8 T8 c* T; R( _. M  -One team will pick up litter in the picnic area and jogging trail and one will dig out* m: ]& N. y* z3 `: L& ]
  Garbage found in the sallow shallow (浅的) waters of the lake itself
- [) u" W, W, u. ^  =获得,学会
" w1 S: ]$ O8 I+ C- j8 `( K( e  -I know Lorry play the piano but I didn't know she plays the Guitar
* P: w) r. U" X; F3 n$ I  Neither did I, It seems she just picked it up on her own over the summer
9 c# l& U- H' x+ v( D* ^$ l8 n  95,out of the question =不可能的,办不到的4 Q- l6 y) o% F* g% c# B
  -Could I hand in my paper a few days late?9 q1 l4 K7 x' Z( i- Q
  I am afraid that's out of the question: m& U7 c5 P1 c% e4 i) S
  96,out of this world =非常好
3 D0 ~* \5 Z4 T0 u  ~3 r  -Have you tried Susan's apple pie?
6 g2 v/ }& a9 W+ |  I got the last piece, and it was out of this world1 K1 F  v- N9 p: H
  97,pass up =错过
0 b3 f9 R0 A6 R+ p- ]  -I was going to ?念错了 work on my thesis a lot in July, but I 'm sure my advisor wouldn't want me to pass up this opportunity
) }/ ?* A( F, t+ f, [1 U# o; T- k  98,pay off =证明是成功的,有好处的或值得的" p) v, w0 ]1 E# V8 c
  -What a wonderful performance, the marching band has never sounded better4 G0 Q& n8 d8 a3 j5 e
  Thanks; I guess all those hours of practice are finally paying off; a- t& u8 [# X$ y% l7 i
  99,out of steam =没有力气,泄气,渐渐停止/ S5 h" _$ g3 j3 c3 ?; P  j, Y. U
  -Let’s jog for another mile
& b7 ^4 u  t% `+ z9 v  I'll try, but I am running out of steam
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 立即注册

本版积分规则

Archiver|手机版|小黑屋|Woexam.Com ( 湘ICP备18023104号 )

GMT+8, 2024-5-22 16:42 , Processed in 0.245995 second(s), 23 queries .