QQ登录

只需一步,快速开始

扫一扫,访问微社区

查看: 42|回复: 0

[托福听力] 托福听力备考:托福考试听力疑难词组整理(8)

[复制链接]
发表于 2012-8-14 23:06:24 | 显示全部楼层 |阅读模式
  1,stop by --在某处着短暂的拜访或停留* y  ?; T6 U% ^  n
  -I'll stop by your room, its probably quieter there than in my hall) P. w; A- w% a6 l: c7 h: L7 r
  -Why don't you stop by our office so I can give you some forms to fill out and explain everything in more detail?
3 k8 `) n6 e$ }: I  2,strengthen straighten out -扯平,结清
  X1 b! D) G4 P  u  -I almost forgot I still owe you ten dollars from the other night, do you have change for a twenty
5 b6 U3 Z. \+ n+ d5 e  Oh, not at the moment, let’s just strengthen it out some other time
0 c! e- p0 `- G  [% D  3,switch off -使什么断开,切断电源2 ]( \: P. }$ a3 {
  -Switch off the light, would you?
3 F/ L; t: w( P8 H$ m# }  4,take care of -照顾,照应& B4 O. ]7 R. Y- [- b8 m- M3 K) C
  -What would you do with your cat when you leave for vacation?" u! Z- x7 @- }& j& C; Q' s5 K
  I am having Ken take care of it
7 z# X% Q& L; i& e# |% K7 c  5,take for -当成,误以为8 T3 x7 ^" w( j1 U( k6 o. w
  -I thought Pam said the math test wasn't until Monday 我想PAM说过数学要到星期一才考% [  R: n0 ^5 v6 ?$ H& Z" F
  Alan ,you should know better than to take Pam's words for anything 不应该把他的话当真
! t/ L' u# v5 \  Q7 B  6,take for granted -认为理所当然,想当然的认为
0 L: I; L9 V2 F( X, {; ]% c  -We take for granted some of the other invitions inventions that enable people to live and work in skyscrapers
0 m2 u" p& M3 J2 f. b  -我们想当然的认为其他的一些发明可以让人们在摩天大楼上生活或工作4 d+ g8 b- x0 S# D' f# y, w0 H
  7,take forever to do 永远做不完* _7 a/ C6 B; B' c& ~, U2 B4 M
  -this calculous problems are not only tough they take forever to do
9 f* l3 B! ?- S( Z! f( A  8,take it easy 回避艰苦劳动或担忧 轻松愉快,生活很舒适
  z1 r$ u# h# ]& H2 U* W  -Holding down a job, going to class, studying sometimes it can become too much for one person, take it easy6 n8 Q: u9 V/ ~! e
  -Now that I finally turned in my thesis, I plan to take it easy for a while
3 [' p) v) g$ ?  S5 k4 c4 B3 u8 _: r  -in the mean time(同时) ,you should try to take it easy
; C, e# W9 [  ?2 @) V9 |  9,take one's time 从从容容,不着急,慢慢来' R( v& F  _4 [" O( ?
  -Take your time and you 'all spend less money( H: I# N0 E/ _' `$ }" ]! U
  -Bruce said he would meet us, u! G% k- ]0 R8 K: Z4 ?
  Well, He is really taking his time getting here( Z% y; G, c; V9 K
  10,take over 控制和 接管 ,接替或负责
- n, c& |3 t+ ?) K6 s$ Z8 h/ _  Y6 T  -We got someone to take over herry's job, }- [5 {" X8 K6 x, O7 o
  -Can you take over for me here; I have a client coming to see me
( p: d; s2 g$ r  Y- b  Well I can't have my hands for$ M  v" ^4 C0 p3 |3 }! \( M
  well I kind of(相当于sort of 表示 a little ,somewhat 有点儿有些2 ]; g2 B" e9 F. d% C; j2 |
  have my hands full (=tied up ,occupied 忙)& S3 \; a" F1 e; }5 Z/ b2 o! M
  11,take up -1,开始做或学 以什么为职业或爱好4 b+ h. c9 C) t, q$ x
  -Robber wants to take up drawing
, F6 L6 k: Q- p0 u  -2,开始从事
+ J+ t1 S4 ~* l$ ]4 R/ k% u  -I think we should we should move on to the next item5 m: O+ }/ S6 T8 a+ Y# x
  Ok, but I’d like to take this matter up again at the end of the meeting中 华 考 试 网8 `/ P) P8 I, {5 [6 t
  12,take up with -与人交往
. E  A# y: P. q, c  -You know the noise in my dorm has really gotten out of control; my roommate and I can rarely get to sleep before midnight
: C& {$ y& E/ ~' n- e$ w( e1 a- ]  Why don't you take the problem up with the dorm supervisor?
- n: ?  T+ G& Q% G' c/ h  13,talk into 说服
, b# z5 S+ ]9 `4 Y  -I am getting worried about Jennifer, all she talks about these days are her volleyball team and all she does is practice
) _/ ]# ?6 g, y6 w  her grades will fall for sure, try to find her after dinner and talk some sense into her(跟她讲讲道理)6 j2 e8 p! K6 ~( \5 J
  14,talk out of 劝阻,强迫同意或决定不做8 K$ \5 d4 M+ V6 q/ t  u. u- z" @
  -Haven’t you ever gone into a store thinking that you buy something and then talk yourself out of it?
1 y* i  M3 u) G8 C  -I don't think our classmates should confront professor Themes with these issues  p, h  y  s3 t' j/ J3 Z4 P2 H
  就这些问题为难教授
  x8 f4 W2 U+ _$ \  I know, I am going to try to talk them out of it' E* \* \& {# N) s% b
  -I thought you were planning to take that phycology psycology(心理学) course at graduate school
3 {/ A1 Y$ n- U3 H9 z  I was ,but I spoke with Dean(主任) Johnson and she talked my out of it% @% F. O4 E% W( i
  15,tear down =拆除,摧毁8 I- r. B' q0 _' a$ r# T0 M
  -In 1960, Knaggy hall was scheduled to be torn down
6 x6 \1 r" O- T4 ~) {7 ]  r- \  -The city is going to tear down those old houses and put up a new shopping center; v. ?5 \, R& T$ p# U" V4 r
  16,the other day 不久以前的某一天
2 u4 Y$ U4 E7 B: h6 r, u" ^  -He came over to our house just the other day
5 |  W+ b1 Z, h) Y, h- t/ k) \  17,the other night 不久以前的某个晚上2 d9 ^7 p) P6 J7 U
  -How did the game go the other night, did your team win
: Z# }% P+ D* N# y  are you kidding ,that would be a first 你在开玩笑吧,赢了的话就是第一名了
$ s- S1 `- X: p% k  18,the sooner the better 越快越好: [5 l/ \( [# k9 u
  -We should get started on that project
, ~2 x/ e2 Y; Y& s3 _  The sooner the better as far as I am concerned7 O  V% s& a  r' I4 N0 V
  19,throw away 扔掉,抛弃
1 r  s' n2 x2 s% a  d) H  -Should I help clean up by throwing away these newspapers?3 z" {3 _- L3 U! x4 ]
  I want to clip a couple of articles first
" \4 g7 m  \& k0 R1 _0 _8 T  20,tie up 占去所有时间或其他东西
0 G% R7 s4 _/ y7 S1 J  -Dick, please don't tie up the phone, I need to make a call6 p0 ?. h: _- c( s
  I 'all be off in a minute
3 b1 F6 F" G0 e1 t  F  21,too good to be true -太好,以至于不现实
. [% u7 M! [1 Q" J2 N  -How wonderful, you won the scholarship, can you believe it8 ]4 U  n3 B* w
  No it's almost too good to be true" k4 L5 v3 t, {7 q
  22,torse and turn toss and turn0 ^- {% t& u6 @$ v3 e
  -Last night I touse and turned tossed and turned 翻来覆去(睡不着) in bed ,too exhausted to sleep1 V' {. i! [" G, z3 x* t
  23, trade in 将某物折价,作为部分款项买东西
  [* G" a# n, _6 u  -It’s going to cast cost a fortune to get my car fixed: [7 ^$ u( X, F
  Why don't you just trade it in for a new one?
回复

使用道具 举报

您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 立即注册

本版积分规则

Archiver|手机版|小黑屋|Woexam.Com ( 湘ICP备18023104号 )

GMT+8, 2024-5-22 20:32 , Processed in 0.327020 second(s), 21 queries .