立即注册

QQ登录

只需一步,快速开始

扫一扫,访问微社区

查看: 66|回复: 0

[托福阅读] 新托福阅读材料:UKbutterflypopulationtrackedinBigButterflyCount

[复制链接]
发表于 2012-8-14 23:21:39 | 显示全部楼层 |阅读模式
 地球上的生态系统是一个整体,缺少了任何物种都可能会产生一系列无法预估的后果。自然环境的好坏与许多种生物的生存息息相关,其中就包括蝴蝶。在英国,一些团体和个人正为保护蝴蝶而积极努力。  
" D+ y" p* _5 A( z  The public is being asked to help track the UK's butterfly populations as conservationists warn many native species are in serious decline.9 a# y) ~6 C+ s0 L5 `4 I4 M* n. d+ U

& e6 q  g: {+ y( X' B* q  The online Big Butterfly Count survey aims to get a better understanding of which species are in need of most help.+ y) a: x. `; z+ @: V

?7 ]' y2 H' _2 C  Butterflies are sensitive to changes in environment and have seen a collapse in numbers in the past three decades.' {5 X( B% v2 D3 n2 H
) z, q% Y1 \. R- T) V
  More than three-quarters of the 59 species found in the British Isles are in decline, including the meadow brown.
( ~2 w6 t& W9 ]
, I, S3 Z: h- I- O- K  The holly blue and gatekeeper are among the other butterflies once recently regarded as common species which are now believed to be joining the list in need of protection.
: c( V7 H6 t; w& L& j
; I, [5 C' n5 n7 a$ `$ O  The survey is being run by the charity Butterfly Conservation and retailer Marks & Spencer as part of its environment commitment.. |1 I8 p: t5 x- K  u

' }. A/ A' J/ |0 P1 R8 B  Adults and children are being invited to spend 15 minutes in gardens, woodlands, fields or parks between 24 July and 1 August and make a record of the butterflies and day-flying moths that they see./ A4 |8 ^: l7 R
3 H( q) c0 A6 x$ \. p  i
  The organisers hope the survey will help build up a better picture of the fortunes of the country's butterflies, and give an indication of the wider health of countryside and nature.
回复

使用道具 举报

您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 立即注册

本版积分规则

Archiver|手机版|小黑屋|Woexam.Com ( 湘ICP备18023104号 )

GMT+8, 2024-7-5 20:02 , Processed in 0.222489 second(s), 21 queries .