立即注册

QQ登录

只需一步,快速开始

扫一扫,访问微社区

查看: 32|回复: 0

[托福阅读] 新托福阅读材料:Explodingstar’viewedin3D’

[复制链接]
发表于 2012-8-14 23:21:39 | 显示全部楼层 |阅读模式
 在智利用大望远镜观看距离地球168,000光年的超新星爆炸会是怎样的景象呢?科学家又有怎样的发现呢?我们一起来看看吧。  - z6 ^; c1 g. i9 v% J0 V+ R+ p! a
  Astronomers have for the first time obtained a 3D view of the aftermath of a star exploding (which is known as a supernova).
6 Q4 D. G: A$ X0 {
" A% L. e4 ~. A: i' G5 z  The team used the Very Large Telescope in Chile to study the supernova 1987A, which lies 168,000 light-years away.% H$ N* R! s  k. t% x2 A  b: `5 u* I
% ?+ x# `; z& G4 W: }. g
  The results show the original blast was very powerful and concentrated in one particular direction.
. E* i" E9 _% x! G0 N; x1 Y, u7 Z 6 T) V' x* |7 x$ o
  Seen in 1987, it was the first supernova visible with the naked eye to have been observed for some 383 years.# I, G% B) H7 o' T& K# F
' b( e+ E! e2 ^7 a+ C
  The 3-D view shows the explosion was stronger and faster in some directions than others, leading to an irregular shape with some parts stretching further out into space.* V% }9 ?% O- j$ a1 c4 Q
: w" i2 t/ c2 I$ }; x  l
  This phenomenon was predicted by some of the most recent computer models of supernovae, which found that large-scale instabilities take place during the explosion.
- t& E+ D- X- {+ m
& [* \5 V! |8 r  The observations of SN 1987A were made using the SINFONI instrument on the European Southern Observatory's (ESO) Very Large Telescope (VLT) in Chile.- }& n; ~' X4 d! c9 w
0 S6 e) `! _" V' I8 k2 G
  The first material to be ejected from the explosion travelled at 100 million km per hour, which is about 100,000 times faster than a passenger jet.. J1 f* K$ N' w8 V

7 M  p1 M6 n* P' J8 h. r  Even at this incredible speed it has taken 10 years to reach a previously existing ring of gas and dust puffed out by the star while it was dying.
! B" u: t$ F4 a 7 b  F( B7 z* y* r9 b9 V
  The images also show another wave of material is travelling ten times more slowly and is being heated by radioactive elements created in the explosion.5 g0 k" j) S; \# K$ V; f; a) b

1 B# L! W& @; S/ L  The research is to be published in the academic journal Astronomy and Astrophysics.
回复

使用道具 举报

您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 立即注册

本版积分规则

Archiver|手机版|小黑屋|Woexam.Com ( 湘ICP备18023104号 )

GMT+8, 2024-7-5 20:28 , Processed in 0.342728 second(s), 21 queries .