立即注册

QQ登录

只需一步,快速开始

扫一扫,访问微社区

查看: 81|回复: 1

[托福阅读] 新托福考试阅读练习:离开手机你是否能正常生活?

[复制链接]
发表于 2012-8-14 23:21:39 | 显示全部楼层 |阅读模式
手机,已经日渐成为我们现代人生活中不可缺少的一部分了,但是这种对手机的依赖是否会变得病态呢?  
0 N1 \- L: `9 G  Cellphone feels like a part of your body? A global survey has found that most people can't live without their mobiles, never leave home without them and, if given a choice, would rather lose their wallet.
, t1 L+ r. s0 y( Z$ J1 F1 n  是不是觉得手机已成为身体的一部分?一项全球调查显示,大多数人觉得离开手机无法生活,从来不会不带手机出门,如果非要有所取舍,则宁愿舍弃钱包。
5 o1 G+ b4 x+ \1 ^6 v9 \
; b2 C2 P9 K9 {, ~$ o' |  Calling mobile phones the "remote control" for life, market research firm Synovate's poll said cell phones are so ubiquitous that by last year more humans owned one than did not.
5 u6 d. g3 R, \& @. L  这项由思纬市场调查公司开展的民调称,手机已成为人们生活中的“遥控器”,它们无处不在。截至去年,手机用户的数量已超过没有手机的人数。) a, n/ Q: t) L, E9 |

8 I" Q. U1 _. `; Z, q8 ?* P( _  Three-quarters of the more than 8,000 respondents polled online in 11 countries said they take their phone with them everywhere, with Russians and Singaporeans the most attached.1 K/ v' E8 j2 Q% \  K+ k1 M
  该公司共对来自11个国家的八千多位受访者开展了一项在线调查。调查结果显示,四分之三的受访者称自己无论去哪都会随身带手机。俄罗斯人和新加坡人对手机最为依赖。
- |  b4 w# d# j" V* I  J  f
4 {  c: V# B% v! v6 h, f  More than a third also said they couldn't live without their phone, topped by Taiwanese and again Singaporeans, while one in four would find it harder to replace the mobile than their purse.
$ V1 s' b7 Z) I' d; y/ j7 d  超过三分之一的受访者称他们生活离不开手机,其中最多的人来自台湾和新加坡,而四分之一的人觉得随身携带手机比携带钱包更为重要。
( G4 v% y8 {8 l8 F9 A
( n1 U% d5 ?  @. u" W/ k3 e  Some two-thirds of respondents go to bed with their phones nearby and can't switch them off, even though they want to, because they're afraid they'll miss something.
* b+ O9 W& J* p% j4 Z5 n8 I  约三分之二的受访者睡前会把手机放在身边,而且他们即使想关机,也不会关掉,因为害怕错过电话。
1 p7 n4 r! I2 _
8 ]+ o# y1 j6 _7 j1 t7 a7 w3 I  "Mobiles give us safety, security and instant access to information. They are the number one tool of communication for us, sometimes even surpassing face-to-face communication. They are our connections to our lives," Jenny Chang, Synovate's managing director in Taiwan, said in a statement.$ p- A/ B2 b* x' R3 }7 f" b
  思纬公司驻台湾常务董事Jenny Chang在一份声明中称:“手机给了我们安全感,让我们更安心,而且能随时接收信息。手机是我们第一大通讯工具,有时甚至超过了面对面的交谈。手机是联系我们生活的纽带。”
. ^1 U8 J! }6 p( y + N0 E% D5 H/ k; d# `
  Mobiles have also changed the nature of relationships, with the survey finding nearly half of all respondents use text messages to flirt, a fifth set up first-dates via text and almost the same number use the same method to end a love affair.1 Q. Q% A& K: F2 a2 ~+ B$ y- S
  手机还改变了人们谈情说爱的方式。调查发现,近一半的受访者利用短信调情,五分之一的受访者通过短信安排初次约会,另有相同比例的人用同样的方法结束一段恋情。% A( F: u+ J$ `) N4 k

5 a$ |7 k7 r, a$ j; b+ s  x* a  Apart from the obvious calling and texting, the top three features people use regularly on their mobile phones globally are the alarm clock, the camera and the games.
8 q( _" e: F/ K6 b  g; ^  \; T  除通话和发短信这两个主要的功能外,从全球来看,人们最常使用的其它三项手机功能是闹钟、拍照和游戏。
# g$ Z+ J( G$ u0 M# Y6 Q
/ S+ v8 u$ S9 B  ^& O  As for email and Internet access, 17 percent of respondents said they checked their inboxes or surfed the Web off their phones, lead by those in the United States and Britain.
7 w( f$ B; [6 w9 r: u4 [2 C, A% o  而至于发邮件和上网这两项功能,17%的受访者称他们利用手机查收邮件或浏览网页,这其中以美国人和英国人居多。# E5 O  p- X( J
4 L- m  @. |8 E5 z
  One in 10 respondents log onto social networking websites such as Facebook and MySpace regularly via mobile, again led by Britain and the United States.
+ i  E! |# J4 i# M3 R  十分之一的受访者经常通过手机登录Facebook和Myspace等社交网站,英美人在这一项所占的比例也是最高。8 P, o( m: l9 n- w2 N" d) l
  c7 K# ~) x3 K1 d
  "As the mobile becomes more and more an all-in-one device, many other businesses are facing challenging times. The opportunities for mobile manufacturers and networks however are enormous," said Synovate's global head of media, Steve Garton.
  ^; ^3 O3 s& d- \  思纬公司全球媒体总裁史蒂夫•加顿说:“随着手机逐渐成为一种集多种功能为一体的通讯工具,很多其它行业正面临着挑战。然而这对手机制造商和网络来说却蕴含着巨大的机遇。”8 j: _  p1 D6 P; X, Y
5 ~- Z$ q2 S- j+ d4 {
  Not everyone is tech savvy, however: 37 percent of respondents said they don't know how to use all the functions on their phone.: O& }% H; |# R9 \$ b5 j  g

2 P3 }! ]3 ~( t& N5 _; O  但并非所有人都是科技通。37%的受访者称,他们不知道如何使用手机上的所有功能。
回复

使用道具 举报

楼主| 发表于 2012-8-14 23:21:40 | 显示全部楼层

新托福考试阅读练习:离开手机你是否能正常生活?

</p>
; |8 f8 K* ?2 j( R( |  Vocabulary:
3 Q7 P; Y! w9 m. M: N7 e" K
% H5 y0 H9 q7 v/ `, A  ubiquitous: existing or being everywhere, esp. at the same time; omnipresent(无所不在的); G$ E: I. J! }* a% [0 O

5 k) t3 ?9 `/ m/ \  all-in-one:一体化,多功能$ @1 Q7 ^/ R5 |- y% Y

8 h5 U+ X; v( L  savvy:practical understanding; shrewdness or intelligence; common sense(在某一方面很在行)
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 立即注册

本版积分规则

Archiver|手机版|小黑屋|Woexam.Com ( 湘ICP备18023104号 )

GMT+8, 2024-6-26 14:03 , Processed in 0.209152 second(s), 23 queries .