QQ登录

只需一步,快速开始

扫一扫,访问微社区

查看: 80|回复: 1

[托福阅读] 新托福考试阅读练习:离开手机你是否能正常生活?

[复制链接]
发表于 2012-8-14 23:21:39 | 显示全部楼层 |阅读模式
手机,已经日渐成为我们现代人生活中不可缺少的一部分了,但是这种对手机的依赖是否会变得病态呢?  / i* T! K/ I& _* P
  Cellphone feels like a part of your body? A global survey has found that most people can't live without their mobiles, never leave home without them and, if given a choice, would rather lose their wallet.
' a5 r$ Z" L5 s" @- j. e  是不是觉得手机已成为身体的一部分?一项全球调查显示,大多数人觉得离开手机无法生活,从来不会不带手机出门,如果非要有所取舍,则宁愿舍弃钱包。- X" {+ h+ |4 D( A6 g5 E* M
- b; x" e. m& v$ b. S+ }
  Calling mobile phones the "remote control" for life, market research firm Synovate's poll said cell phones are so ubiquitous that by last year more humans owned one than did not.
7 i( E5 L6 w: L6 v3 Z% ~  这项由思纬市场调查公司开展的民调称,手机已成为人们生活中的“遥控器”,它们无处不在。截至去年,手机用户的数量已超过没有手机的人数。
8 p5 \$ p! J$ G8 U . }* g5 _! K( r6 f2 \
  Three-quarters of the more than 8,000 respondents polled online in 11 countries said they take their phone with them everywhere, with Russians and Singaporeans the most attached.
# \. i8 i& I! u% `  该公司共对来自11个国家的八千多位受访者开展了一项在线调查。调查结果显示,四分之三的受访者称自己无论去哪都会随身带手机。俄罗斯人和新加坡人对手机最为依赖。
7 P% V. V! N) F
& o/ ^# G- v- i7 {7 f  More than a third also said they couldn't live without their phone, topped by Taiwanese and again Singaporeans, while one in four would find it harder to replace the mobile than their purse., `+ Y  Q" x( j- a! F3 Q5 {
  超过三分之一的受访者称他们生活离不开手机,其中最多的人来自台湾和新加坡,而四分之一的人觉得随身携带手机比携带钱包更为重要。! m" g$ U6 H' p* X8 W8 J3 w9 a1 e

( m8 q) R6 ?9 l3 D, m$ c5 Y8 ?  Some two-thirds of respondents go to bed with their phones nearby and can't switch them off, even though they want to, because they're afraid they'll miss something.2 L* X, k9 f0 ^* k' z
  约三分之二的受访者睡前会把手机放在身边,而且他们即使想关机,也不会关掉,因为害怕错过电话。
  F4 c( \, a& f% w. n! i- M 2 A- o: c  f2 N# D, ?
  "Mobiles give us safety, security and instant access to information. They are the number one tool of communication for us, sometimes even surpassing face-to-face communication. They are our connections to our lives," Jenny Chang, Synovate's managing director in Taiwan, said in a statement.
$ {' M* N) G  P, {/ q0 E8 e/ ^  思纬公司驻台湾常务董事Jenny Chang在一份声明中称:“手机给了我们安全感,让我们更安心,而且能随时接收信息。手机是我们第一大通讯工具,有时甚至超过了面对面的交谈。手机是联系我们生活的纽带。”# b! g6 A4 R, q$ l( {5 E

* H' T0 B$ t7 \  l7 Y: ~  Mobiles have also changed the nature of relationships, with the survey finding nearly half of all respondents use text messages to flirt, a fifth set up first-dates via text and almost the same number use the same method to end a love affair.
) v# o7 o4 p& K% O& S6 G' H  手机还改变了人们谈情说爱的方式。调查发现,近一半的受访者利用短信调情,五分之一的受访者通过短信安排初次约会,另有相同比例的人用同样的方法结束一段恋情。
, c& N2 a& j# i5 H' M8 A/ _6 } 9 z$ _) Y* }- D2 Q  Y
  Apart from the obvious calling and texting, the top three features people use regularly on their mobile phones globally are the alarm clock, the camera and the games.
! o8 ^( c' Y( R& A9 Q) _  除通话和发短信这两个主要的功能外,从全球来看,人们最常使用的其它三项手机功能是闹钟、拍照和游戏。
  x# u3 v5 v/ A! T 8 d- v+ U1 E* e) B1 j' I+ |$ S& K2 B
  As for email and Internet access, 17 percent of respondents said they checked their inboxes or surfed the Web off their phones, lead by those in the United States and Britain.' }7 V3 k" Q  F. _2 e- T; O! m5 [! Q
  而至于发邮件和上网这两项功能,17%的受访者称他们利用手机查收邮件或浏览网页,这其中以美国人和英国人居多。
, l# o+ Y& P# b% o+ W: L
  w* Q- R" e: F4 |  One in 10 respondents log onto social networking websites such as Facebook and MySpace regularly via mobile, again led by Britain and the United States.
3 r+ g* K  P- W& D2 W  十分之一的受访者经常通过手机登录Facebook和Myspace等社交网站,英美人在这一项所占的比例也是最高。
1 m4 _) a" ]9 \% [
$ a0 v8 X2 A+ }, I  "As the mobile becomes more and more an all-in-one device, many other businesses are facing challenging times. The opportunities for mobile manufacturers and networks however are enormous," said Synovate's global head of media, Steve Garton.  ], w- d. `5 S5 h
  思纬公司全球媒体总裁史蒂夫•加顿说:“随着手机逐渐成为一种集多种功能为一体的通讯工具,很多其它行业正面临着挑战。然而这对手机制造商和网络来说却蕴含着巨大的机遇。”! Q1 ?% j, E- ~4 e7 E4 ?9 p7 v

/ J9 W! d9 B, j  Not everyone is tech savvy, however: 37 percent of respondents said they don't know how to use all the functions on their phone.
4 ~# I6 A& c! Y" S, J4 n% D: Z) [6 l$ L" X, ]0 P0 v
  但并非所有人都是科技通。37%的受访者称,他们不知道如何使用手机上的所有功能。
回复

使用道具 举报

楼主| 发表于 2012-8-14 23:21:40 | 显示全部楼层

新托福考试阅读练习:离开手机你是否能正常生活?

</p>   o+ O1 f6 }, z- t8 W% m
  Vocabulary:
. ]# R0 g  V4 T9 \' g4 e- l6 C) n% k 4 R) Q% l8 h0 _5 l2 n
  ubiquitous: existing or being everywhere, esp. at the same time; omnipresent(无所不在的)
4 j$ H1 S6 v# ^: I
5 f% a2 t$ W9 y& `2 Q. I! K  all-in-one:一体化,多功能
3 j  p, p' E* ^( K9 n- G 7 {+ z' k  `5 g! ]
  savvy:practical understanding; shrewdness or intelligence; common sense(在某一方面很在行)
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 立即注册

本版积分规则

Archiver|手机版|小黑屋|Woexam.Com ( 湘ICP备18023104号 )

GMT+8, 2024-6-17 06:38 , Processed in 0.290971 second(s), 23 queries .