QQ登录

只需一步,快速开始

扫一扫,访问微社区

查看: 58|回复: 0

[托福阅读] 新托福考试阅读练习:MicePreferTreatsTheyWorkedHardertoGet

[复制链接]
发表于 2012-8-14 23:21:39 | 显示全部楼层 |阅读模式
 越是辛苦努力得到的成功人越觉其珍贵,也越懂珍惜。对于可爱的实验小鼠而言也是如此。  
" I' K% i4 L) A& r' `; T  Maybe your dad said, “The harder you work for something, the more you’ll appreciate it.” Well, father really did know best. Because a new study finds that the harder mice have to work for a treat, the better it tastes. The research appears in the Proceedings of the Royal Society. [Alexander Johnson and Michela Gallagher, "Greater effort boosts the affective taste properties of food"]/ _$ O8 l- z  \$ I

8 b* ^8 y" \* D2 A, t3 _" K  Mice were trained to push levers to get either of two rewards. Press one lever, out comes a drop of sugar water. Press the other and they get a drop of different tasting sugar water., }7 W" X& y) Q; x/ g' H3 y
- H# s2 z& i! t# D$ ^- c8 s6 J
  Then things got interesting. For one of the treats, scientists gradually increased the amount of effort required for the payoff—from one lever-press to five, then 10, then 15. So by the end of the session, one type of sugar water cost 15 times more effort than the other.
: F7 \" h# @! r# f
' i$ F1 S/ w" c. I# M3 r# p# A  The mice then retired to their home cage where both treats were freely available. And they showed a strong preference for whichever reward they’d worked harder to obtain. Based on how fast the mice sipped, they appeared to find the costlier sugar water more tasty.2 |$ {- L4 C4 p- H2 b1 r2 w0 K
( W# V% R0 R% ?! u1 `. k5 e% F- Q
  Which makes evolutionary sense. An animal wouldn’t survive if a little hard work left a bitter taste in its mouth.
回复

使用道具 举报

您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 立即注册

本版积分规则

Archiver|手机版|小黑屋|Woexam.Com ( 湘ICP备18023104号 )

GMT+8, 2024-5-26 06:36 , Processed in 0.480024 second(s), 21 queries .