QQ登录

只需一步,快速开始

扫一扫,访问微社区

查看: 42|回复: 0

[托福阅读] 2012托福考试复习:双语阅读篇十一

[复制链接]
发表于 2012-8-14 23:21:39 | 显示全部楼层 |阅读模式
大公司的环保之道——经济学人泛读巧译
, t  U( X0 T7 ~8 y% U9 q% |THE enrichment of previously poor countries is the most inspiring development of our time. It is also worrying. The environment is already under strain. What will happen when the global population rises from 7 billion today to 9.3 billion in 2050, as demographers expect, and a growing proportion of these people can afford goods that were once reserved for the elite? Can the planet support so much economic activity? 7 U4 m; ^) @2 F% Q3 p- ^
【翻译参考】 + [/ \' l3 h" g. A
曾经的贫穷国家变得富有是我们这个时代最令人振奋的发展了。但同时这种发展也令人担忧,因为这些国家的环境已经陷入艰境。当全球的人口像人口统计学家预计的那样由现在的七十亿上升到2050的九十三亿,并且这些增长的人口能购买那些曾经是为精英们预存的商品时,那将会发生什么呢?这个星球可以承受这么多的经济活动么? ' a( B5 ]/ k4 O! z. W1 s6 l
+ m2 ?  S2 p2 t& I- I
【好词好句】 * O  \% t4 Q2 T4 @+ q
1 top-down 自上而下,分等级的
6 b! c* F) ]8 R$ X6 l5 U2 well-heeled 富有的,有钱的 ; u. j& X! Z, s) H! C( _# ]
3 motivate workers 激发工人的积极性 & O4 T7 y# D1 ~4 o# T$ C
4 common practice 惯例
- K+ p7 i: Q" n/ g# A5 lousy infrastructure 糟糕的基础设施 # q' G7 p* k4 {% h- b# u
6 form partnerships with/form an alliance with ) u' r8 _6 k' L" f
7 排污类用语:
' c7 Q3 ^' ~5 x6 n  belch fumes into the air ; i* ~" h' s  ^4 v6 x. a, ~
  pump toxins into rivers ; a7 j2 J: k1 h: a/ m

( @# e2 X2 Y% n6 g' k0 E5 H【summary】
/ B+ [2 ^1 U1 j% d, JSome emerging-world companies are combining growth with greenery.
/ E' N% x/ U4 k9 k$ I The most salient quality of these companies is that they turn limitations (of resources, labour and infrastructure) into opportunities. Thus, India’s Shree Cement, which has long suffered from water shortages, developed the world’s most water-efficient method for making cement, in part by using air-cooling rather than water-cooling. Manila Water, a utility in the Philippines, reduced the amount of water it was losing, through wastage and illegal tapping, from 63% in 1997 to 12% in 2010 by making water affordable for the poor. Broad Group, a Chinese maker of air conditioners, taps the waste heat from buildings to power its machines. Zhangzidao Fishery Group, a Chinese aquaculture company, recycles uneaten fish feed to fertilise crops. 在这些最为睿智的公司当中,他们会非常擅长于将那些来源于组织架构和资源的局限变成机会加以利用。因此,长期受困于水资源缺乏的印度Shree胶水公司发展了一种有效的利用水来制造胶水的工艺,他们将水冷工艺变成了风冷工艺。来自于菲律宾的Manila水厂通过降低水资源的浪费和非法盗取降低了水资源的丢失,比率从1997年的63%降低到了2010年的12%,这个结果让更多穷人能够买的起水了。中国的远大空调集团,通过收集那些被浪费了的建筑热能来供给机器的运作。Zhangzhidao渔业集团,通过手机那些没有被吃掉的鱼种来作玉米的肥料。
回复

使用道具 举报

您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 立即注册

本版积分规则

Archiver|手机版|小黑屋|Woexam.Com ( 湘ICP备18023104号 )

GMT+8, 2024-5-18 21:40 , Processed in 0.155327 second(s), 21 queries .