立即注册

QQ登录

只需一步,快速开始

扫一扫,访问微社区

查看: 62|回复: 0

[托福语法] 托福语法辅导:介词及真题要点解析

[复制链接]
发表于 2012-8-14 23:32:39 | 显示全部楼层 |阅读模式
  介词是TOEFL试题中比较活较的词性,而且具有一定的难度。中国学生一向对介词感到束手无策,因为英文介词种类繁多且词意多变。不过,TOEFL涉及的有关介词的题目重复性很强,而且有规律可循。只要考生善于总结、记忆,还是可以保证得满分的。介词的题目主要分布在Written Expression(16-40题)中,命题焦点售在中(1)含有介词的固定短语,(2)含有特定含义的介词误用4 b% |& Z% |: w- R$ o
  介词常考题型及解题要点4 e" R2 o8 A/ g0 {
  1.含有介词的固定短语:短语或词组中的介词不能随意更换或省略6 Y' G2 P; _' a* ?
  全真例题分析( l# w' i* c' Y3 {0 z( ?
  (1)Most aquatic animals breathe by means external respiratory organs called gills.4 H  ]1 Q. J8 \4 W8 c
  (答案)C 正确的短语为by means of,其中的介词of不能省略: @) S" D3 |/ D- ]( f! o
  (2) Speed refers only toward the rate of mution without
' s7 m: i5 z# M4 K$ k) ?1 H  specifying any direction of motion.(94.8)# q1 P7 X7 `9 t' a9 K  R
  (答案)A 正确短语形式为refer to
: y! f1 A  V' D/ {2 m  (3) Historical geology deals about data on the development of the Earth
% M9 a) i# G/ n" w+ C8 `  gathered from the study of rocks, which are analyzed to determine their age and composition. (93.8)
9 s9 ~# d- M4 ^- y3 g, j  (答案) A正确短语式式为deal with.+ I( R; h" H8 g. M! t$ B, ^: R
  (4)The diamond is the only gemstone composed with just one chemical element, carbon.
; W. ]% R( I1 }7 Y  (答案) A 正确短语形式为。Be composed of
! k- j, @* Z7 Y3 c! E. ^  (5) Best known for his research in statistical mechanics and meson physics. Chen Ning Yang shared the Nobel Prize in 1957 to another physicist from the United States, Tsung-dao Lee.
* K: u7 h/ `2 C& d$ t0 G( {/ r  (答案) C 正确的短语搭配为 share.......with5 j* X% |# N& v) K9 Z
  (6)The doctrine of eminent domain is based the legal tradition that all real property is subject to the control of the state.
$ Q' b/ ^, d, ?% Z- m8 E  (答案) A 正确的短语形式为be based on 其中的介词on不能省掉。
/ ^' t7 ^; b! g2 o; ~# ^, R: G% L2 M5 e  2. 介词用错
/ A% K- a. a5 d' i  解题要点 介词与后面的名词通常有固定的搭配习惯,或有特定的语意功能,不能随意更换。通常,介词毕有含义,不同的介词会使整个句子表达不同的意思。当A、B、C、D四个选择答案中出现单独划线的介词,应首先考虑它是否使用正确。
$ N' i$ s4 D; i( _: Q' }  全真例题分析8 N* ~# Q& M+ p) e: ]0 z
  (1)Scientists claim that an individual can function from about three days when totally deprived of sleep.: j+ s6 G" q; G+ _. b# {1 T
  (答案) C from应改用for。表示动作延续的时间应用介词for。$ l& w4 ?$ ?3 F9 \* k7 W2 G: N3 W2 L
  (2) Canadian scarlet-clad guards and mounties with horseback are part of the summer scenery in Ottawa.
7 |# J# Z; U: S  (答案) B with改为on,“骑在马背上”应用介词on表示位置。( L; M" P% l8 \5 {* j  ]" p( ]" H
  (3) During eclipses of the Sun, the Ojibwa Indians of North America shot flaming arrows inside the sky to rekindle the light.
* K2 D! B7 h, G* ?  (答案) C inside改为into,介词into表示的动作性;shot……into the sky。天空无边无沿,不能用介词inside来修饰。
, D$ Z& j& N+ ?& |+ k; N  (4) Wild elephants are almost continuously waving their trunks. Both up in the air and down aside the ground.
" i( N$ N7 b1 ]& _  (答案) D aside改为on。On the ground 是固定介宾搭配。Ground 没有边沿,无法用aside来修饰。1 G' j4 x  c8 J0 c1 ~1 a
  (5) Recent studies have shown that air into a house often has higher concentrations of contaminants than heavily polluted air outside.) r1 {( L! ^+ W2 I7 t
  (答案) A into改为in。Into强调动作,而in表示的是静止的状态。“房间里面的空气”只能用in来表示。- y: g: u/ l* h& y3 q0 f6 ~
  (6) The early use of a complete steel frame for towering buildings appeared in the first skyscraper, built on Chicago in 1883.3 a/ \+ ]3 y4 p# s/ q! j& Z, E- B
  (答案) D built on 改为built in。城市名前面只能用介词in来修饰。1 E: l/ {  i( k$ j
  3.介词between和among的区别
2 j: C. o# B' Y9 o* `3 x* A* x  解题要点 between表示二者之间,among表示三者或更多的整体概念。当A、B、C、D四项选择答案中出现between或者among时,它通常就是此题的命题焦点。
5 I1 J# U0 y# E* |  全真例题分析
# h) {2 ]. \) r  ]& r% R! L3 Q  (1) The determination of the path of Mars's orbit in 1609 became the unifying link among the two formerly separate realms of physics and astronomy.
1 M! Z% y  F8 O* A  (答案) C among改为between
! o' A3 {1 H% x4 h% D  (2) The Carlsbad caverns, located in New Mexico, rank between the largest underground labyrinths in the world.
0 S$ z3 z3 k$ K+ T6 X# q7 R: A  (答案) B between改为among。表示多数概念,或范围时应用among。+ O8 ~0 W# j% d5 W6 H7 _: t% T
  (3) For a long time cotton ranked first bctween Alabama's crops, but today it accounts for only a fraction of the agricultural production.8 u! F+ i2 r  P) H/ R' ]+ @, k
  (答案) A between改为among。表示范围时应用among。
回复

使用道具 举报

您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 立即注册

本版积分规则

Archiver|手机版|小黑屋|Woexam.Com ( 湘ICP备18023104号 )

GMT+8, 2024-5-17 04:18 , Processed in 0.381385 second(s), 21 queries .