立即注册

QQ登录

只需一步,快速开始

扫一扫,访问微社区

查看: 70|回复: 0

[托福写作] 托福写作:精彩英语句子结构100句(4)

[复制链接]
发表于 2012-8-14 23:46:10 | 显示全部楼层 |阅读模式
  1. Although apparently rigid, bones exhibit a degree of elasticity that enables the skeleton to withstand considerable impact.# S! H" a) X0 T' c3 K8 `
  骨头看起来是脆硬的,但它也有一定的弹性,使得骨骼能够承受相当的打击。; [- |7 O/ {$ L: \8 e  ~, z
  2. That xenon could not FORM chemical compounds was once believed by scientists.5 ~6 t7 Q5 J$ U3 \6 h( s
  科学家曾相信:氙气是不能形成化合物的。3 |9 P( Q, ]5 k! [
  3. Research into the dynamics of storms is directed toward improving the ability to predict these events and thus to minimize damage and avoid loss of life.
! T; S. a9 k; l  对风暴动力学的研究是为了提高风暴预测从而减少损失,避免人员伤亡。
% R7 a$ Z% D3 {) \, i0 Q" K( h( g+ P  4. The elimination of inflation would ensure that the amount of money used in repaying a loan would have the same value as the amount of money borrowed.6 P( b: g0 A" Z6 l+ e
  消除通货膨胀应确保还贷的钱应与所贷款的价值相同。
8 d: B" ?: P* _" u- K0 r  5. Futurism, an early twentieth-century movement in art, rejected all traditions and attempted to glorify contemporary life by emphasizing the machine and motion.4 {. c# E+ O$ Y3 l0 h7 Q1 x
  未来主义,二十世纪早期的一个艺术思潮。拒绝一切传统,试图通过强调机械和动态来美化生活。
5 b, X1 c- N8 D1 i7 r  6. One of the wildest and most inaccessible parts of the United States is the Everglades where wildlife is abundant and largely protected.
- N/ v% X0 |# t. I% x  Everglades 是美国境内最为荒凉和人迹罕至的地区之一,此处有大量的野生动植物而且大多受(law)保护。
: u* }7 U& D* c- x# @9 Q( K  7. Lucretia Mott's influence was so significant that she has been credited by some authorities as the originator of feminism in the United States.! Q9 \# m6 m" ~
  Lucretia Mott's 的影响巨大,所以一些权威部门认定她为美国女权运动的创始人。+ X' A7 H$ B6 Y" [
  8. The activities of the international marketing researcher are frequently much broader than those of the domestic marketer.* _% v0 K( X% f! r! Q! z
  国际市场研究者的活动范围常常较国内市场研究者广阔。& l5 [7 M6 G$ y% w4 \) J/ D
  9. The continental divide refers to an imaginary line in the North American Rockies that divides the waters flowing into the Atlantic Ocean from those flowing into the Pacific./ ?0 R. h* B- z
  大陆分水岭是指北美洛矶山脉上的一道想象线,该线把大西洋流域和太平洋流域区分开来。
: r4 m# m  x8 ~9 \- _  10. Studies of the gravity field of the Earth indicate that its crust and mantle yield when unusual weight is placed on them.
9 K. p7 ?" f# c& V  L9 a6 x* I  对地球引力的研究表明,在不寻常的负荷之下地壳和地幔会发生位移。
回复

使用道具 举报

您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 立即注册

本版积分规则

Archiver|手机版|小黑屋|Woexam.Com ( 湘ICP备18023104号 )

GMT+8, 2024-5-23 10:45 , Processed in 0.429362 second(s), 21 queries .