QQ登录

只需一步,快速开始

扫一扫,访问微社区

查看: 55|回复: 0

[托福写作] 托福写作:写作时必备抽象词(2)

[复制链接]
发表于 2012-8-14 23:46:10 | 显示全部楼层 |阅读模式
Coherent 2 x1 K  H. w. H  J
用法:①If something is coherent, it is well planned, so that it is clear and sensible and all its parts go well with each other. : t% R! L2 f! E, B, o  ~
②If someone is coherent, they express their thoughts in a clear and calm way, so that other people can understand what they are saying.
: g8 M: S; H; h/ \8 ^7 f例句:①The President’s policy is perfectly coherent. 1 J9 s8 m2 y# A" G! |' h" e( r
②He’s so calm when he answers questions in interviews. I wish I could be that coherent.
# ^) e1 t* R0 p$ G" `: V: ?6 ~4 \' `. ]; l$ M* M

# K; I* x- n; Z$ b" [6 lCoincide ' C# ?$ z) k) v' Y  I# d; H
用法:① If one event coincides with another, they happen at the same time. / w/ O& q+ H4 T* W: ~
② If the ideas or interests of two or more people coincide, they are the same. / _2 @) i# j' i* U+ [/ h
例句:Coincident with concerns about the accelerating loss of species and habitats has been a growing appreciation of the importance of biological diversity, the number of species in a particular ecosystem, to the health of the Earth and human well-being.(1995-12) % m8 t8 h( ^1 c
* ^1 b' h2 k8 X! j2 J9 q. P
Commit
7 p  y9 ?8 B4 W7 {' Y用法:① If someone commits a crime or a sin, they do something illegal or bad.
( m9 H& ^; L- l: B4 H② If you commit money or resources to something, you decide to use them for a particular purpose. ' D' c/ _7 \) C' V  }4 e- A1 d6 A
③ If you commit yourself to something, you say that you will definitely do it. If you commit yourself to someone, you decide that you want to have a long-term relationship with them. 4 a2 l$ H# {0 |5 d
例句:① And in numerous cities, art is being raised as a symbol of the commitment to revitalize urban areas.(2003-10) % I& T. e: `, @, r" j' ~
②At the same time, important venues in New York, particularly Alfred Stteglitz’s gallery known as 291 and in 1913, the gigantic exhibition of modern art known as the Armory Show, introduced European modernists to American audiences and nurtured a number of American artists committed not to realism but to experimental art During the 1930’s, the country’s focus turned inward, giving rise to new varieties of realist art based on intrinsically American themes.(2005-01)
$ S+ a7 t9 b. G6 ~  z: H! m8 ]2 r- w0 {% P4 u
Comparable : K( n; ]3 _3 G; X1 `
用法:①Something that is comparable to something else is roughly similar, for example in amount or importance.
+ @$ i' x, w. B② If two or more things are comparable, they are of the same kind or are in the same situation, and so they can reasonably be compared. + h# o0 ]& L. _, {% h5 w/ B
例句:① Relatively little has been said, however, about diversity of life in the sea even though coral reef systems are comparable to rain forests in terms of richness of life.(1995-12)
/ J) \+ Y  E' ]$ w0 _; Q② Active plant defense mechanisms are comparable to the immune system of vertebrate animals, although the cellular and molecular bases are fundamentally different. Both, however, are triggered in reaction to intrusion, implying that the host has some means of recognizing the presence of a foreign organism.(1996-01)
& o  O7 w3 b% W2 x7 t4 j" s2 `③ The comparable cells in the peripheral nervous system are termed "neurilemmal" cells.(1996-05) % q4 o* E! j' A5 O; E( e3 [. O+ d& }/ r: U

" }# o" `% _5 G1 cConcede , X0 h: o5 Z+ A; ~6 [( c
用法:①If you concede something, you admit, often unwillingly, that it is true or correct.
( y7 h6 ?; f: G. A9 G( }$ h② If you concede something to someone, you allow them to have it as a right or privilege.
9 I- r9 n5 {) n! L" D! q8 M- B例句:① Bess finally conceded that Nancy was right. 4 k0 X' v- Y$ U7 c$ d' n  F
② The government conceded the right to establish independent trade unions.
回复

使用道具 举报

您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 立即注册

本版积分规则

Archiver|手机版|小黑屋|Woexam.Com ( 湘ICP备18023104号 )

GMT+8, 2024-5-15 12:57 , Processed in 0.179610 second(s), 21 queries .