QQ登录

只需一步,快速开始

扫一扫,访问微社区

查看: 114|回复: 0

[托福写作] 托福写作:写作时必备抽象词(5)

[复制链接]
发表于 2012-8-14 23:46:10 | 显示全部楼层 |阅读模式
Determine
3 ?" A& X, p$ _0 G( V! v用法:To determine a fact means to discover it as a result of investigation. (FORMAL) 3 ^: O- T$ S5 x" ~
例句:Moreover, the degree to which cones are naturally slightly open or tightly closed helps determine which bill design is the best.(1997-10) 3 R3 w+ U+ v$ W2 Y# h
. {2 `( v2 z3 _8 z6 E$ |
Discern ) k! Q  M0 v( m. ]4 B+ S2 C
用法:If you can discern something, you are aware of it and know what it is. (FORMAL) 3 L3 E, C$ f, E# Q8 _, c# {9 f: [
例句:Although it is not easy to discern such details in the Proterozoic examples, they are almost certainly glacial varves.(2001-09) 9 t  W: {& b3 X5 O; {! Y
- Y) ]) }  I$ K6 q9 D% S$ ?! s( E
Dispose
. Y/ ~# e- R) a用法:① If you dispose of something that you no longer want or need, you throw it away.
* h2 w  f6 X0 C: z$ k/ L4 A② If you dispose of a problem, task, or question, you deal with it.
. J; j# W4 m3 C1 h& N例句:①Contemporary readers, forgetting the origins of western epic, lyric, and dramatic forms, are easily disposed to think of “literature” only as something written.(2003-10)
" z% q% d* n" p- \7 e. u3 L7 L② You did us a great favour by disposing of that problem. + `4 x5 L2 K3 G  G

& g0 m+ C  i4 ?. j( WDominate - o0 b; V8 X% n& F6 t6 g
用法:①To dominate a situation means to be the most powerful or important person or thing in it. $ E  R0 R5 X# n" K: H0 t$ c
② If one country or person dominates another, they have power over them.
* {. ]- n  s: d9 N1 p例句:①It was not until after the Second World War that physicists began trying to make stimulated emission dominate.(1996-08)
: {5 \( }6 r- Q' H1 v( p0 l②Like the brick clock tower that dominated the town center, Pullman kept a regulatory eye on his workers. (2005-08) 5 s$ |! Z( G5 Z6 z3 G+ C/ i
3 x" N: `5 g# J. q- y, D
Dramatic ' H  v, h/ k& Y& e
用法:① A dramatic change or event happens suddenly and is very noticeable and surprising.
3 {% V/ }8 k' b3 Q" A7 d②A dramatic action, event, or situation is exciting and impressive.
8 i$ G( X3 N4 p" k③You use dramatic to describe things connected with or relating to the theatre, drama, or plays. * y7 _+ ]/ x2 G  ?2 L! R
例句:①Eventually such dramatic representations were separated from religious activities.(1995-08) 5 q3 K4 v& d  a6 T' K0 N
②The most dramatic example of an inducible plant defense reaction is the hypersensitive response.(1996-01) ) M) O$ L9 G" R
③Perhaps one of the most dramatic and important changes that took place in the Mesozoic era occurred late in that era, among the small organisms that populate the uppermost, sunlit portion of the oceans--the plankton.(2003-12)
+ c9 y! P/ s  E; |' l- C6 `4 H8 W
" y! H* B/ t8 Z9 |Dubious ( r/ o; C( E  i! f: l
用法:①If you describe something as dubious, you mean that you do not consider it to be completely honest, safe, or reliable. 6 k# x4 I6 X" m# u* ^2 V
② If you are dubious about something, you are not completely sure about it and have not yet made up your mind about it.
. X) a: Y( w& u/ S, u6 B. ^: h5 t例句:A contemporary observer reported that “this quite unsafe device seems to have done nothing worse that engulf the room in dense smoke and lead to pictures of dubious quality and odd poses.(2003-08)
) k# L( R0 E/ T+ i- H
& G$ ]1 h! i. R# T' u5 }, D* YDurable 3 n* ~, }* r+ w% e
用法:Something that is durable is strong and lasts a long time without breaking or becoming weaker. ( C0 S" T7 _$ q- G) z
例句:They are working in new, often more durable media, and on an unaccustomed scale.(2003-10)
回复

使用道具 举报

您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 立即注册

本版积分规则

Archiver|手机版|小黑屋|Woexam.Com ( 湘ICP备18023104号 )

GMT+8, 2024-5-15 18:05 , Processed in 0.188227 second(s), 21 queries .