QQ登录

只需一步,快速开始

扫一扫,访问微社区

查看: 54|回复: 0

[托福写作] 托福写作:写作时必备抽象词(6)

[复制链接]
发表于 2012-8-14 23:46:10 | 显示全部楼层 |阅读模式
Facilitate  
% o- U' q( _) L7 n; {* X7 `6 c6 l用法:To facilitate an action or process, especially one that you would like to happen, means to make it easier or more likely to happen.  
$ \' p- V, C9 O" A8 q$ r; u* [9 L例句:In addition, government trade policies facilitated the exporting of agricultural products. (2003.08)  - ^; F$ t! Q* W4 e

9 z$ b+ J9 y- q4 r5 r* j$ j5 T2 kFeasible  + t; k7 l' ~$ Y$ L5 K$ a
用法:If something is feasible, it can be done, made, or achieved.    e( f( }' Y) X
例句:They began as early as it appeared feasible to do so in the spring. clearing the land, using fire to clear stubble from the fields and then planting. (1998.05)  / {/ X% f: V6 |& c  |
: u# X' |. G0 r- D
Formidable  
+ r# z& d+ x, y5 S" I& K用法:If you describe something or someone as formidable, you mean that you feel slightly frightened by them because they are very great or impressive.  0 N; Q6 T6 w( A5 y" K2 g' v
例句:Hubbard’s surge closed off Russell Fiord with a formidable ice dam, some 2,500 feet wide and up to 800 feet high, whose caged waters threatened the town of Yakutat to the south. (2000.05)  8 @( G2 T" t6 l$ _- r+ W/ i
+ P: K9 t* f/ Y, V* B% x8 T8 _
Grasp  
, ~; S9 N! z+ J9 K9 P. j用法:① If you grasp something, you take it in your hand and hold it very firmly.  % ^; D# g# y' X( v, X$ j5 f
例句:He argued that attachment behaviors of babies, such as smiling, babbling, grasping, and crying, are built-in social signals that encourage the parents to approach, care for, and interact with the baby. (2001.05)  
, f$ C5 V5 ~9 H( N! |( I8 q* D②A grasp is a very firm hold or grip.  # I+ _9 h+ \; A; M
③ If you say that something is in someone’s grasp, you disapprove of the fact that they possess or control it. If something slips from your grasp, you lose it or lose control of it.  
7 C: A% {7 c4 c! w% e④ If you grasp something that is complicated or difficult to understand, you understand it.  
. `: Y  }, w0 u6 F, ]⑤ A grasp of something is an understanding of it.  
2 e, H1 N1 x" P8 |, M6 [⑥ If you say that something is within someone’s grasp, you mean that it is very likely that they will achieve it.  
6 e$ r( V0 R* u& J4 `3 |/ Y8 a* Z- t. F7 o7 O" Z4 f+ O
! |) C1 c3 b+ K2 Y7 _
Hypothesize  * k5 o, N3 v/ L% R& t# p, A
用法:If you hypothesize that something will happen, you say that you think that thing will happen because of various facts you have considered. (FORMAL)  
5 k7 ]* v5 n) q1 g4 B9 X. X, k例句:Some botanists hypothesized that the living cells of plants acted as pumps. (1995.10)
回复

使用道具 举报

您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 立即注册

本版积分规则

Archiver|手机版|小黑屋|Woexam.Com ( 湘ICP备18023104号 )

GMT+8, 2024-5-14 19:50 , Processed in 0.536818 second(s), 21 queries .