QQ登录

只需一步,快速开始

扫一扫,访问微社区

查看: 57|回复: 0

[托福写作] 托福写作:写作时必备抽象词(13)

[复制链接]
发表于 2012-8-14 23:46:10 | 显示全部楼层 |阅读模式
Moderate  
; {+ j9 |1 ?8 k/ z用法:①Moderate political opinions or policies are not extreme.  
9 F8 c# `! M0 E3 W* n5 a+ _& o②You use moderate to describe people or groups who have moderate political opinions or policies.  
5 B8 ]0 O: N4 V6 f  j, K③ You use moderate to describe something that is neither large nor small in amount or degree.  ( q7 Q: D" R! r" Y  |( m
例句: Desert-adapted mammals have the further ability to feed normally when extremely dehydrated, it is a common experience in people that appetite is lost even under conditions of moderate thirst. (1997.01)  
2 b6 l* Q3 M7 a+ O1 P④A moderate change in something is a change that is not great.  ! U0 z3 e) q# v! R9 M' u5 h
⑤If you moderate something or if it moderates, it becomes less extreme or violent and easier to deal with or accept.  
8 z3 I; I0 M2 p. a7 Y+ f
+ W+ o6 _+ k: r0 K$ ~' M) pOccur  + s: {% \" w5 U$ G
用法:① When something occurs, it happens.  6 T- d! Y' s3 ?+ o- d! I+ j+ V- d7 U
例句: The reverse occurs when the diver surfaces; the nitrogen pressure in the lungs falls and the nitrogen diffuses from the tissues into the blood and from the blood into the lungs. (1997.08)  
0 Q1 k  K9 R' ?② When something occurs in a particular place, it exists or is present there.  3 B6 z# S9 k# t
③If a thought or idea occurs to you, you suddenly think of it or realize it.  ' P+ \* t7 w  b
, d' [% U& |6 I: X! p8 N, L" g
Opposite  
# h# g9 T3 n; O6 c" O+ i0 V  Y用法:① If one thing is opposite another, it is on the other side of a space from it.  ! t7 Y7 _. E3 i2 D1 G5 N0 Y
例句: The directional aspect of sound has taken on new importance as well Loudspeakers or groups of instruments may be placed at opposite ends of the stage, in the balcony, or at the back and sides of the auditorium. (2001.10)  
3 ?" Q" ^! X$ \. O9 |- ?② The opposite side or part of something is the side or part that is furthest away from you.  ( E' e8 T+ W4 n7 n7 Z
③Opposite is used to describe things of the same kind which are completely different in a particular way. For example, north and south are opposite directions, and winning and losing are opposite results in a game.  
$ E) C6 {/ l- C6 u④The opposite of someone or something is the person or thing that is most different from them.
回复

使用道具 举报

您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 立即注册

本版积分规则

Archiver|手机版|小黑屋|Woexam.Com ( 湘ICP备18023104号 )

GMT+8, 2024-5-14 08:36 , Processed in 0.328912 second(s), 21 queries .