QQ登录

只需一步,快速开始

扫一扫,访问微社区

查看: 53|回复: 0

[托福写作] 托福写作:写作时必备抽象词(12)

[复制链接]
发表于 2012-8-14 23:46:10 | 显示全部楼层 |阅读模式
Mechanism  
( F+ Z0 t; I- W& P# U用法:①In a machine or piece of equipment, a mechanism is a part, often consisting of a set of smaller parts, which performs a particular function.  
+ X, H0 B" X6 |5 H* p  F② A mechanism is a special way of getting something done within a particular system.  2 l3 d% m: y0 e# |# I
例句: Plants are subject to attack and infection by a remarkable variety of symbiotic species and have evolved a diverse array of mechanisms designed to frustrate the potential colonists. (1996.01)  
% y* p$ U: t' e③A mechanism is a part of your behaviour that is automatic and that helps you to survive or to cope with a difficult situation.  : p) K9 H# [; i3 k/ _
8 t, b) p+ [8 g) j+ G
Meditate  + Q' h% }/ R) C
用法:① If you meditate on something, you think about it very carefully and deeply for a long time.  
9 p2 n  ~) c( P, Q% B& D② If you meditate you remain in a silent and calm state for a period of time, as part of a religious training or so that you are more able to deal with the problems and difficulties of everyday life.  
: `" c. k6 U* F5 a* k例句: I was meditating, and reached a higher state of consciousness.
回复

使用道具 举报

您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 立即注册

本版积分规则

Archiver|手机版|小黑屋|Woexam.Com ( 湘ICP备18023104号 )

GMT+8, 2024-5-14 06:03 , Processed in 0.390355 second(s), 21 queries .