只需一步,快速开始

扫一扫,访问微社区

查看: 53|回复: 0

[托福写作] 托福写作:写作时必备抽象词(24)

[复制链接]
发表于 2012-8-14 23:46:10 | 显示全部楼层 |阅读模式
Temporary  ) K2 ~, O. `0 `, i
用法:①Something that is temporary lasts for only a limited time.  9 b3 C: V' p, T
例句:Furthermore, the broadside format lent itself to subjects of high, if temporary, interest, enabling them to meet with ready sale.(2001-10)  + ?) {" _; M; e
% O4 Y: E/ o% }
Utilitarian    d# O2 a. ?& P- B) f# O
用法:①Utilitarian means based on the idea that the morally correct course of action is the one that produces benefit for the greatest number of people.  
: g% e; n% @$ x2 q2 f4 |例句:By our narrow standards, scrub is not beautiful; neither does it meet our selfish utilitarian needs. (2002-08)  / w2 H2 a3 O2 F8 {
②Utilitarian objects and buildings are designed to be useful rather than attractive.  =functional  
6 T' }" e$ F# @8 z例句:Stoneware, which had been simple, utilitarian kitchenware, grew increasingly ornate throughout the nineteenth century, and in addition to the earlier scratched and drawn designs, three-dimensional molded relief decoration became popular.(2002-09)  
! D0 `4 W5 E  u' p) P4 F- y! F; J: I5 h/ ^# S' f2 H
Variable  ( U. T+ R2 n+ ~/ [5 o3 b& K
用法:①Something that is variable changes quite often, and there usually seems to be no fixed pattern to these changes.  
6 {+ z: i1 E  r/ @2 E1 y% e例句:This is probably the most common pattern, but it is not invariable.  
0 ]- a) z5 \4 T②N.A variable is a factor that can change in quality, quantity, or size, which you have take into account in a situation.  $ p" x0 A. P1 \7 I
例句:One of the benefits of a pencil and paper decision-making procedure is that it permits people to deal with more variables than their minds can generally comprehend and remember.(1999-01)  
, A' p1 M0 v4 X$ P③N.A variable is a quantity that can have any one of a set of values.  
/ U" N, O# |5 Q9 s2 [7 V5 c0 F/ M) v$ E* b: S& v5 p5 [6 W) r0 W
Viable  % y. m/ ^# i' K3 C: K+ I  R
用法:①Something that is viable is capable of doing what it is intended to do.  & U$ F5 M/ k! G5 r0 B& z# h
例句:During the nineteenth century further advances were made, notably Bessemer’s process for converting iron into steel, Which made the material more commercially viable.(1998-08)  : E- `; \# Z: Z( X
②Seeds or eggs are described as viable if they are capable of developing into living beings without outside help.
回复

使用道具 举报

您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 立即注册

本版积分规则

Archiver|手机版|小黑屋|Woexam.Com ( 湘ICP备18023104号 )

GMT+8, 2024-5-14 06:55 , Processed in 0.242384 second(s), 21 queries .