立即注册

QQ登录

只需一步,快速开始

扫一扫,访问微社区

查看: 95|回复: 0

[托福写作] 新托福考试李笑来托福作文范文08

[复制链接]
发表于 2012-8-14 23:46:10 | 显示全部楼层 |阅读模式
A person you know is planning to move to your town or city. What do you think this person would like and dislike about living in your town or city? Why.  - f  `5 v' K& S# r( E1 V
  If my friend Joey wants to move to Beijing, I think she will definitely like this greatest city in our country, even though she might find something she dislikes.  3 V" I: }0 |# B- ?/ {. p0 P: Y
  The weather might be one thing that she dislikes. The weather in Beijing is characterized by dry climate and it is much windy and dusty than that of Guangzhou city. Joey is very sensitive about her skin, so she will definitely hate dusty winds in Beijing. Moreover, Beijing’s winter is far too much colder than that of Guangzhou, it might take Joey, as many other people came from the South, a very long time to get accustomed to. Nevertheless, she might well enjoy winter in the North, since she has never seen snowflakes in reality. I remembered the shining of yearning and eager in her eyes when I once told her what winters in the North look like.  5 n. ~$ [; `3 f: Y) s  Z: \
  She might be always irritated by heavy traffic in Beijing, though taxis in Beijing cost much less than in Guangzhou. When I was in Guangzhou, seldom was I trapped by traffic jams. It must be ridiculous for her to have spent more than two hours and still didn’t arrive at the destination which is merely 10-kilometer away. And the most ludicrous thing is, even if you possess a private car, it is more likely to be useless, for parking lots are always crowded, which means more time is to be wasted. One good news for her is that the bus system and subway system in Beijing are well developed and more convenient, and an even more delight one is that she won’t have to bear that odor of bromhidrosis owing to burning weather as she once experienced in buses of Guangzhou.    ?, n6 ~4 v. `
  What she will definitely love is the cultural ethos of the city. Beijing has a history probably longer than any other big city in China. To visit all historical landscapes in Beijing, she will need at least three years, no kidding! Beijing has the most famous and excellent universities, the largest libraries, the richest museums, yet most important of all, her best friend! Amazingly, in this aged city, people are sometimes more international. Joey is especially fond of art, and Beijing is the right place for her, which is much frequented for concerts of international singers or other musicians, and she will even be able to attend CuiJian’s private concert in a coffee shop on a rainy autumn weekend.
回复

使用道具 举报

您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 立即注册

本版积分规则

Archiver|手机版|小黑屋|Woexam.Com ( 湘ICP备18023104号 )

GMT+8, 2024-5-16 01:50 , Processed in 0.542453 second(s), 21 queries .