立即注册

QQ登录

只需一步,快速开始

扫一扫,访问微社区

查看: 55|回复: 0

[托福写作] 历年托福考生优秀范文155篇一百二十四

[复制链接]
发表于 2012-8-14 23:46:10 | 显示全部楼层 |阅读模式
I think the media pay too much attention to the private lives of famous people. Television,  & `& y/ ^3 Q" g6 E; }
newspapers, magazines and web sites dig up all kinds of past bad actions. They say that these are true reflections of a person’s character. This may be true if they occurred only a few years before, but some of these are things people did as teenagers. People in their forties are expected to  ; ^" k- @2 ]6 G7 f( |5 U2 m( N
explain something they did when they were fifteen. If they killed someone, obviously that’s more than a youthful mistake. Usually, though, these incidents involve experiments with drugs or being reckless in a car. They’re not something that the public needs to know.  
( m: L: W! w$ Y# D) r; b) Y    b5 I. K# i( S7 w
The media love to say that the public has a right to know. That’s not true. We don’t need to know if a movie star or politician has had an extramarital affair. That is something of concern only to  
0 V. l/ b+ p, ?' V0 bthe people involved. We do need to know if someone we’re electing to public office has been  $ m8 [7 t/ Q2 w" N
involved in shady business deals, but we don’t need to know if he or she defaulted on a loan  7 [( |# ^/ S5 I. |' c0 z
twenty years ago.  
# L# c( H8 J' y0 s5 c- {. [It seems the media dig up these facts without giving thoughtful consideration to what might  * N2 G; U8 J/ n2 d- S$ q6 f
happen. It has an effect on the celebrity’s family, especially the children. A celebrity’s good name and credibility may be ruined before he or she can prove that rumors are false. If a case goes to  
/ ]7 V* w" v: P% q2 v5 C5 ycourt, paying a lawyer can use up all their money. Even if it doesn’t come to that, they may find their career ruined.  
) F# N% @" I4 N( P$ W7 h  / @( m( ^# q- G  J8 J! C7 E5 w
When are we, the public, going to make it clear to the media that we’re tired of having to watch  
8 ]( z  k9 _/ w# Gthis kind of thing on the news? Wouldn’t it be better if they would concentrate on more important  - Q$ E! [! B$ f: k/ @  G
issues?
回复

使用道具 举报

您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 立即注册

本版积分规则

Archiver|手机版|小黑屋|Woexam.Com ( 湘ICP备18023104号 )

GMT+8, 2024-5-15 00:13 , Processed in 0.647706 second(s), 21 queries .