立即注册

QQ登录

只需一步,快速开始

扫一扫,访问微社区

查看: 87|回复: 1

[托福写作] 历年托福考生优秀范文155篇七十四

[复制链接]
发表于 2012-8-14 23:46:10 | 显示全部楼层 |阅读模式
Hesitating I enter my house, the light outside is dimming and the shadows make everything appear  ; z; |5 V4 T4 {" v" ~
unfamiliar. I know that my husband has not returned from work yet, simply because his car is not  # g- I0 z. Z1 G1 l
in the garage. I am alone. I carefully check all the rooms, almost expecting something to happen  , F; B4 ^( F7 i+ N1 E
suddenly. I hold my bag in my hand as if it were a weapon. After the whole house has been  1 F/ R! ]: h6 J. v
declared "clear," I start to breathe normally again and a smile appears on my face as I realize,  - T( f+ W) ^% b
once again, how a simple movie seen at the cinema a week earlier can modify my actions.  
: ~& Q: V1 a( s4 qSometimes I wonder if I should watch TV, with all its shows that make me wonder whether I  
5 c2 Z( e% h; H& Bexercise enough, whether I am slim enough, or whether I treat my pets with the care they deserve:  : @1 f* r- g; M% N4 z  X' G
am I really concerned about their mental health? Not to mention the hundreds of commercials that  
* F7 I% R: K. O3 Y. W5 k! stry to make me believe I need a water purifier to remain alive since the water I am currently  
) ]& M5 N# Y) Z2 V+ m6 ?3 b8 ~drinking is heavily polluted! And countless are the times when I have heard people talking by  1 ~: Z% f9 I4 u. a
quotations learned from movies. We need to watch shows and films to know what to say, how to  
1 |1 z5 O: Z, R- N" Z% abe, how to act. We are so addicted to all this that it almost seems like we cannot think on our own.  4 M* a8 I3 A2 H$ p, _, X% L( M

* I! x1 v1 h! S7 g; u. O0 fI cannot help thinking about what happened to me some days ago, an example that clearly shows what kind of power TV has over people. My husband and I were in a restaurant when I heard my young neighbor pronouncing violent words in a low angry voice. Surprised, I turned to better understand the situation and I saw that he was holding a fake military device and was acting as if he were filming a war movie. I am sure that if I had been a little be more updated about this type of movie, I would have recognized what he was saying as a quotation. Now, I wonder if he uses such a language also with his friends and with his parents, if he is aggressive, and if so, whether his attitude has really nothing to do with what he watches on TV.  
+ k) x3 p. N9 b0 s  0 R. b  p( u) R" o8 H
That same evening on the way home I saw two cars stopped one next to the other at a traffic light  
- @9 |$ p% ^7 f  N" w$ band as soon as the light turned green they started racing, in the middle of town. In this case not
回复

使用道具 举报

楼主| 发表于 2012-8-14 23:46:11 | 显示全部楼层

历年托福考生优秀范文155篇七十四

even a major knowledge of movies and TV programs would have helped me: there are just to    d" v/ Q% o1 o4 K8 F$ W0 S, v
many of them on the market showing the exact same thing: people racing with cars.  - n, E" R& ]  P) l  D/ @+ ^' O

' x, L4 Q: i7 {( v6 L( iI am sure that everybody, if asked, could easily list many other examples of how TV and movies can modify our behavior and therefore our life but, I wonder, if we will always be able to draw the line between a TV show and real life, between what they make us think we want and what instead we really need and are and believe.
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 立即注册

本版积分规则

Archiver|手机版|小黑屋|Woexam.Com ( 湘ICP备18023104号 )

GMT+8, 2024-5-14 08:20 , Processed in 0.328838 second(s), 23 queries .