立即注册

QQ登录

只需一步,快速开始

扫一扫,访问微社区

查看: 60|回复: 0

[托福写作] 历年托福考生优秀范文155篇七十八

[复制链接]
发表于 2012-8-14 23:46:10 | 显示全部楼层 |阅读模式
I grew up in a small town and then moved to a big city, so I have experienced the good and bad  
! [1 X  b* l8 v1 esides of both. I never thought that I would like living in a big city, but I was wrong. After ten years of living in one, I can’t imagine ever living in a small town again.  $ C$ w* j' m: D" T. G2 E

# ~! O) U2 u* ~" F! M2 ESmall towns and big cities both have some problems in terms of transportation. In a small town,  , ~' n, }9 U+ E4 z$ m4 {0 e
you have to own a car to ensure a comfortable living. You can’t get around without one because  
% c1 W+ J9 X+ I7 D8 Sthere isn’t any kind of public transportation. Big cities generally have heavy traffic and expensive  9 K# @: u' Z3 h: }. b& v; V4 Q* h
parking, but there you have a choice of taking public transportation. It’s not free, but it’s often  
2 Y5 z4 w2 \# {' S) Ocheaper than driving when you consider gas and time. Especially if you don’t have a car, you’re  ' y) t' M: e3 _
better off in the city.  
4 i$ {9 P! `1 @+ E  % w; [8 S: t7 }2 @5 ?
I love the excitement of big cities. Small towns have a slow pace. Large cities mean you have to adapt to a variety of situations, like finding a new route to work or trying a new restaurant. I enjoy that challenge very much. Another pan of the excitement of city living is the variety of cultural activities available. There is a wide assortment of theatre, music and dance performances  
1 U! I1 w: H% g4 U3 a; javailable in big cities. These things are rare in small ones.  
2 R$ g& Z( Z- _1 [The final thing I like about large cities is the diversity of the people. The United States is made up of people of different races, religions, abilities, and interests. However, you seldom find such a variety of people in a smaller town. I think that living in an area where everyone was just like me would quickly become boring.  
  c. i9 |1 h' W* @Of course, security is a concern, and that’s one area where small towns are superior to big cities.  
$ A5 f3 S2 k: Y* D* ]Still, I would rather be a bit more cautious and live in a large city than to feel secure but bored.
回复

使用道具 举报

您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 立即注册

本版积分规则

Archiver|手机版|小黑屋|Woexam.Com ( 湘ICP备18023104号 )

GMT+8, 2024-5-14 22:16 , Processed in 0.221875 second(s), 21 queries .