立即注册

QQ登录

只需一步,快速开始

扫一扫,访问微社区

查看: 65|回复: 0

[托福写作] 历年托福考生优秀范文155篇五十六

[复制链接]
发表于 2012-8-14 23:46:10 | 显示全部楼层 |阅读模式
Man, through the ages, has undergone many changes, from a period when he hunted for his food  
4 a* I- Q. L; m8 U/ U) nto the present era when man is dependent on preprocessed foods. During this period not only has  
2 [) }) ^# e% n5 n* ?) `4 h7 gman changed his mode of eating but his whole lifestyle as well. In pursuit of more in this  1 T" H$ y: V3 {' W, D
competitive world, man no longer has time as he once had. He is caught in a race against the  6 f) N5 I  p% W" m1 b
clock. A person who finishes more in lesser time is considered more efficient. This pressure to do  
* R/ |( s, \8 o4 Y) lmore in less time has affected his eating habits as well and, as a result, man no longer has time to  . d" J) ?- s1 r- a: P
cook food. Early man’s only objective was to seek food to sustain him and his family. Nowadays  
0 ?2 k5 D/ U+ `finding food has taken a back seat to other priorities, such as career and education.  
& X5 N0 G4 k- P* B5 K; V" z" l  
. x4 L" F: |; [7 h7 r+ vFood is no longer of that importance. This is not an encouraging trend. People are too dependent  
  \8 o/ v3 v5 D+ a9 f" t5 e5 Pon preprocessed or precooked food, which no longer has the freshness it once had. Such foods  2 e! Z# ?* y' O: r6 N7 |3 p7 g
loose their mineral and vitamin content and are not as healthy as fresh food. That is why the  ( B: R, z0 m9 ]0 R% a
number of diseases is also rising. People have also shifted to high calorie content food like French  8 v& i% F6 b0 \/ P' k; m6 O
fries, pizzas, and ice cream, etc., which is causing obesity, fatigue, etc. As man is becoming busy  ' m; n) p# ~0 M6 q, Y3 h
and too involved in his busy schedule, he has no time even to take care of his own personal needs.  1 V; ?4 T( H% ^& t7 ^1 ~; a

4 f5 x0 Y0 O2 |6 K0 RFurthermore, cooking is an art which is dying out. People once enjoyed cooking . It was a means of eliminating stress and tension. People were once able to relax during this time and reflect on  8 z3 j9 H: p. ?7 [0 J
their lives.  
6 K' P5 M$ {, J+ B  ! W. r' V* ~# \3 d$ }0 H
People may tend to argue that by using precooked and preprocessed food they are efficiently  / b0 e6 Q- t! R9 U
using time and can use this precious time saved for other purposes. But is it really worth it? This is a question whose answer can invite much speculation about whether by saving this little time we  8 m4 h' i2 C$ M6 Q+ }5 {
are inviting lots of other problems, which could easily be avoided. It is actually making our lives  0 u: g+ q. c5 V  L/ T: H
not simpler but more complicated. We have lost many of the simpler things in our lives, like the  
! {' v0 E5 n. k' msimple acts of selecting our evening meal, preparing it, and enjoying it with our loved ones, and  
& q' O, s! u+ D; m* ?) ]6 vwe are worse off for it.
回复

使用道具 举报

您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 立即注册

本版积分规则

Archiver|手机版|小黑屋|Woexam.Com ( 湘ICP备18023104号 )

GMT+8, 2024-4-29 03:24 , Processed in 0.220479 second(s), 21 queries .