QQ登录

只需一步,快速开始

扫一扫,访问微社区

查看: 75|回复: 0

[考试试题] 托福考试阅读辅导资料:托业阅读模拟文(3)

[复制链接]
发表于 2012-8-15 00:04:42 | 显示全部楼层 |阅读模式
  Police suspect racial motive in Liverpool ax killing
- [" P7 k* @8 W/ v6 K# X+ C$ D  A black teenager who was followed through a park by a group of men shouting racist taunts died Saturday after an attacker embedded an ax in his skull.! r/ P" Q4 ~' [
  Anthony Walker, 18, was waiting for a bus with his girlfriend and a cousin when a man started shouting racist taunts at them late Friday near Walker‘s home in Liverpool, police said.; h2 L5 i# W7 A. m# L
  The three left to find another bus stop to avoid any trouble, police said. But a group of three or four men followed them through a park, and Walker‘s companions saw someone bludgeon him with an ax.0 ?2 O5 R6 i* [, y! J( X, v
  They ran to get help and returned a few minutes later to find him with the ax embedded in his skull, news reports said. Walker died early Saturday.; A3 q. \( r0 C9 |. i# I
  No arrests had been made in the attack.7 a6 ]+ @4 s! l5 [( i- @
  "What we are dealing with here is a vicious and unprovoked attack on a young black man which we believe to be racially motivated," said Detective Chief Superintendent Peter Currie, who was leading the investigation.
0 r3 ^- `3 @$ H' e! e* g  Police said several other incidents of racial abuse had been reported in the area recently.
回复

使用道具 举报

您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 立即注册

本版积分规则

Archiver|手机版|小黑屋|Woexam.Com ( 湘ICP备18023104号 )

GMT+8, 2024-5-11 01:09 , Processed in 0.186358 second(s), 21 queries .